Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ellocentipede

Fallen Woman Hair Gloss

White honey, camellia, and tobacco.

Whoa my goodness is this lovely. It's very rich, like a gathered bouquet of camellias and tobacco leaves dipped in honey. It's pretty dern sexy and I think that it will pair very well with Dolly Kei.

When I first sniffed this in the bottle, it reminded me of something familiar. Eventually, I figured out what it is. The combination of the floral and the tobacco reminds me of Summer Lace (one of my favorite blends, although it contains a different floral note and a caramelized tobacco note). I can detect all of the notes in this. When it first arrived, the white honey note was the most prominent, but when I sniff it now, it is a rich, creamy scent of the florals, white honey, and then the tobacco.

In my damp hair, I can smell all the notes as well. The white honey seems to be the strongest, followed by the camellia, and then the tobacco. The tobacco in this does not make my hair smell like an ash-tray, for those who are concerned about that. It really does remind me of Summer Lace with a different floral note, minus the fruity notes and cognac, and with white honey in place of the vanilla cream. In other words, I love it! I can't stop sniffing my hair!

As my hair dries, the tobacco seems to be coming out more, adding a somewhat smoky quality to the scent (without making one smell like they are a smoker).

I will definitely be keeping my bottle, and I may buy another before it goes away.

Edited by dementia_divine

Holy smokes, this is love! If you're a French Tobacco SN fan, you need this. That is the caramelized tobacco note in this, which mixes beautifully with the floral and honey. I find it is a pretty delicate scent without a ton of throw, so a good one for when you want to be more subtle, but also great for layering on when you want more oomph. Definite bottle.

When I received my decant, I immediately sprayed it into the ends of my hair and was thrilled. The honey was most prominent, but that's what I expected. Over the course of the evening, however, this morphed in my hair, which I've never experienced with any of my other hair glosses. Unfortunately, it didn't go well for me and I can't figure out why. There are no death-notes here, but this turned into a bad honey scent just like the Horse Chestnut Honey perfume, which turns into funk on my skin. I can't figure it out, but that's what happened. I have plenty of other honey scents from the Lab but that was the only bad one, and now this. I will just stick with my beloved Hair Loosened/Orgies gloss for the perfect honey scent in my hair.

edited for typos

Edited by Poenari

This is the French Tobacco single note from awhile back, so if you like that's you'll love this. I don't really get the honey or camellia, but maybe it will come out later. This isn't something I need a big bottle of, as the French Tobacco SN is not a favourite of mine, but the gloss is lovely for the hair, as the others are.

Smells just like what the name and label suggest. A Fallen Woman who is happier for the fall. Definitely smells a lot like the French Tobacco single note, but you can also really smell the honey. But this isn't a fresh, innocent honey, this is a honey that has seen some things, and would be willing to tell you these things with it's red-stained lips, if you sit with her long enough and she takes a shine to you.

Smells just like what the name and label suggest. A Fallen Woman who is happier for the fall. Definitely smells a lot like the French Tobacco single note, but you can also really smell the honey. But this isn't a fresh, innocent honey, this is a honey that has seen some things, and would be willing to tell you these things with it's red-stained lips, if you sit with her long enough and she takes a shine to you.

I realized I never did a review for this, and I've been using it fairly regularly :lol: I think this may replace Mid-Orgies as a favourite; it was a last minute decision, and I'm so glad I went with a bottle.

... and then Persianmouse's review hit a chord with me. "A Fallen Woman who is happier for the fall." The honey ... this is the same honey note (or very similar) as in Hair Loosened & Soiled in Mid-Orgies, sweetened by the Camellia, dirtied by the French Tobacco. Yes, indeed -- this [is] the Fallen Woman who let let her hair down during the orgy, got a lil dirty, and is now fully satiated, basking in warm bodies, taking a lazy drag on her expensive cigarette.

Dark, smoky tobacco. This one is such a dark hair gloss. It's got such a dirty honey and a dark smoky tobacco.

I really sort of enjoy this, but it can be ultra overwhelming. Super sexy, super vampy, super smoky.

when first sprayed on the hair i immediately get something woody along with the camellia. it doesn't really read as tobacco but maybe that's what it is? tobacco normally smells different to me. the honey just sort of blends the other notes together, but the camellia is definitely the most prominent note.

I got this off of the bptp etsy page after reading reviews saying that this was the same scent as the French Tobacco single note, which is one of my favorites. Unfortunately, my bottle smells nothing like French Tobacco.

Fallen Woman is primarily a soapy, high pitched, white floral scent that reminds me of tobacco flower, not tobacco. As it settles, I get a cloying caramel and stale cigarette smoke scent as well. I don't like the mix of soapy white floral, caramel and nasty smoke. I also don't think that this smells anything like white honey; it definitely reads as caramel on my skin. Has sort of a waxy scent to it as it dries down as well.

Really disappointed in this.

This is glorious on me. The tobacco is that rich, chewy, caramelly tobacco, akin (but not identical, to me) to French Tobacco. The honey is a slightly floral honey, and it's lovely. I have a lot of hair glosses with honey in them, but all of the honey notes seem different, and I love that.

This gloss will go well with both honey scents, and tobacco scents. It makes me happy to smell it. Really grateful to have scored a decant of it.

I am a hugeee honey fan, and this did not disappoint. It has that same golden honey from the GC honey hair gloss but the tobacco gives it this interesting depth. It's almost the scent of dried tobacco, and not necessarily a super smoky tobacco.

I think all three notes balance each other out very well for a lovely scent. I was quite nervous at first, as this is my first BPAL with any tobacco, but I am so impressed!

With throw, it's strong at first but really dries to to be very subtle. I can normally smell whiffs of it the next day but nothing in my face.

right off i smell mostly honey with camellia. it's a very pretty scent that i think would be great for spring and summer (i'm currently testing in winter.) it remains mostly camellia on me with honey in the back and just little hints of tobacco.