Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
JazzieCazzie

The Other Miss Spink

...are distorted versions of their "real" perfumes: sticky sweet, cobwebby, and grotesque.

Am I first? Really??? Well, I had not tried the "original" Miss Spink, though it had been on my "maybe" list ... wish I could compare the two so apologies in advance. Received a decant of this in a decantapalooza.

IN THE IMP: It's surprisingly light and airy. Sweet florals but with a slightly "salty" note. I'm not getting tuberose or gardenia on imp sniff, more like a yellow daffodil. And there is a tiny bit of musty old lady smell, oddly.

Dabbed on one wrist.

WET: Ahhhhhh. Now THERE is the tuberose and gardenia I'd been hoping for. But definitely not the usual over-the-top in-your-face hot-house scent (and I like those OTT IYFs when it's a hot-house floral). I'd call it a mild, subdued floral on my skin. Very pleasant, not something that's going to make people near me turn around to see where the scent is coming from.

DRYDOWN: It's just ... pleasant. It's definitely not something I feel the need to wash off (as I did, sadly, with The Other Miss Forcible, who was test-riding on my other wrist simultaneously). But it's probably not something I'd reach for the in imp box either.

OVERALL: I like this but I don't LOVE it. It will go into the swap box because I KNOW there are going to be many people who WILL love it.

On a scale of 1-5, a 3.

Note: I do not own the original Miss Spink, so I cannot compare the two.

In the decant: Something sickly sweet and floral.

Wet: The sickly sweetness is present, but the floral has intensified.

Later: The floral is still dominant. It is really strong. I don't know if it is the floral that is sweet, or the other note, but I'm not liking this.

Drydown: Okay, the floral has mellowed out... finally! This is a sweet floral blend. I am somewhat reminded of violet, although I doubt violet is actually in this due to the notes of the original Miss Spink blend. I am not fond of violet, so something in this blend smelling reminiscent of that note is not a good thing, and I think that's why I'm not enjoying this.

Verdict: This scent is definitely not for me. I don't plan on keeping the decant.

I'm getting rotting fruit and flowers that have been left in a vase for too long. Dry, sweet, slightly burnt sugar. This is god awful on me.

Sticky, sweet tuberose and gardenia.

Meaning, sticky sweet wet wool and hairspray on me.

Why you hate me tuberose? WAAAAI?

Why you hate me gardenia? WAAAAI?

Poor The Other Miss Spink. So little love!

Well, this definitely has the same burnt sugar/marshmallow/Aliens ride at Universal smokiness in The Other Miss Forcible. But with this, my skin amps rose so much that this turns into a lovely, smoky, subdued, oddly seductive version of the childlike tea party that was Miss Spink. Kind of like Midnight Mass with rose...it's nice. Not something I'd wear every day (and truly the sunshine-y Miss Spink is more appealing overall), but nice.

Ugh, no, no, nope!
I don't get much sweet or sticky from this. It's probably not actually there, but I'm just getting nuts or something... y'know, those peanuts covered in red- crispy stuff that's supposed to imitate the taste of sugar?

Just that, covered in layers of antique, heavy dust. I don't know. Maybe I'm just weird.
Onto the swaps pile it goes!

So... I seem to be the first person to love it :) It has a faint flowers in the library smell. Like the flowers are gone but their scent remains with the dustyiness in a grand old forgotten room. It makes me want to keep smelling my wrist. Not a lot of throw, a smell that pulls you in close to have it. And, it makes me want to track down more of the Coraline scents, since this was my first one. It's amazing.

I have Miss Spink on my other wrist right now (which I was loving at first, and is now turning to bitter burnt plastic and hot metal....mmmm)

Wet: Maple syrup! It's like someone dumped syrup on what is going on on my other wrist. So burning bitter plastic, metal, and maple syrup. WTF, skin??? I do love the syrup note. It's also in The Other Miss Forcible, which I just fell in love with and ordered a bottle of.

Dry: So Miss Spink eventually turned to hairspray on me, but this has remained maple syrup over burnt plastic. Boo skin! Both Miss Forcible and The Other Miss Forcible are much better on my skin chemistry.

Miss Forcible and The Other Miss Forcible are two of my favorite bpals (The Other Miss Forcible being sexy, dark, gourmand and amazing), but there's just something funky and off about the Spink scents to me.

Miss Spink is flatout unwearable to me. It's cinnamon cookies, black licorice, baby powder and hints of rotting garbage, melting plastic and dead fish on my skin. I cannot deal with it.

The Other Miss Spink is nowhere near that bad, but I still don't really like it. It's like vanilla scented cosmetics dusting powder with curls of cigarette smoke and sharp, cheap hairspray with a cheap tuberose perfume. It smells like a smoker wearing hair powder, cheap hairspray, and a cheap, sharp white floral drugstore perfume. It completely has that ashy, stale cigarette smell that sticks to the clothes and hair of smokers.