Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
amaltheagray

Sea of Glass

Upon the Sea of Glass, glowing with the perfection of spiritual union and the radiance of true wisdom, rests the throne of God. A scent of inimitable purity, crystalline grace, and limitless light.

Creamy white floral and a citrus I can't identify. Smells like a very expensive hand lotion. The imp I got may be significantly aged, but I don't think I will seek out a new one.

Wow, not at all what I expected.

This is not just tart - it's straight out bitter.

I smell grapefruit rind and pith - yes, grapefruit pith! That spongey part between peel and fruit flesh.

Blended into that is tart but fresh white lilly, a true lily - those I associate with funeral arrangements.

When drying down, the most prominent notes blend better into each other and the citrus scent gets warmed up and sweetened ever so slightly by my skin.

I'm not even sure I think of this as an aquatic scent, it's just very tart, fresh, androgynous and floral.

I could see this on a more mature person who loves flowers but doesn't go for girly blends with vanilla or heady blends with ambers or patchouli.

It's simple but not boring, just maybe a bit too tart for my taste.

A new frimp from the lab!

Oh, this is interesting - I don't usually gravitate toward aquatics, but I love the ocean, so let's try!

It's a light, bright, sea-salt...citrus? I don't really get florals, but then again I don't tend to do florals much, so maybe that's just reading as 'light and white' to my nose. Someone up-thread mentioned a candle that claims to be a beachy scent, and I think that sounds right. It's not sweet; it's got that salt-spray edge; but it's lightweight and sort of glittery, like light on water, and it's refreshing.

I don't need a bottle, but the imp will be a good summer scent for hot weather, I think!

This is a scent that is very true between the imp and my skin for me, and that is a lovely thing.

It reminds me of salt water in a protected bay or cove on a still day with only the slightest breeze ruffling its surface. There are white florals blooming across the water (some sort of lilies I think are in there, it shares some notes on me with Prague and other lily scents). Theres definitely citrus, possibly grapefruit, hanging out in there as well.

Definitely a soothing, bright scent! I'm happy that I'm getting to give this a longer experiment with the imp I got. May end up being a bottle scent eventually.