Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
allidavie

Spider Silk Bath Oil

White coconut, orris root, delicate vanilla, white dammar, papyrus blossom, and osmanthus.

Hmmm. This is wonderful, and I love it, but my nose can barely pick out ANY of the listed notes. To me this smells like a tart lemony-sugar with a woodsy background and maybe a slight tinge of coconut. It wasn't what I expected at all. Luckily, it's even better than I expected! Will be a great winter-y energizing blend - it's a bit too sweet for summer, but it's just a great, bright fun scent.

I too was surprised at how this smells. It is very light and fresh smelling. I was expecting a heavier, sweeter vibe due to the coconut and vanilla. It is much more of a light citrus with a little white floral in the background. Very re-freshing yet delicate scent.

This smells very fresh, light, and white. It's a super clean sort of fragrance - very pretty, but not my type of scent to wear at all.

I think it would go nicely with the coconut/tiare hair gloss.

Bright, zesty, and fresh-smelling. My husband said "It smells like 'clean'!" It has a slight tropical vibe from the coconut, and a slight hint of an old-fashioned-white-soap, powdery quality from the vanilla and orris, although if I didn't have the list of notes in front of me, I doubt I would have been able to name any individual notes at all. I think the main presence in this must be the dammar, which is described online as "lemony, light, ethereal": the scent has a fresh, citrussy, slightly green/vegetal quality to it overall, and the only citrussy suspect I see is the dammar. Very nice, I'll definitely use up my decant.

I agree with the people who've described this as "fresh", "clean" and "citrusy". It's very nice,a delicate scent, definitely suits the concept of spider silk. I don't need a big bottle but I'll enjoy using up my decant.

This is VERY perfumey to me, both in the bath and on my skin afterward. I can't smell any specific note but it was very strong. About 15 minutes after drying off I had to "cut" the scent with a little baby lotion because it had started to give me a headache. :( I am hoping it will settle a little with time--I do so love the bath oils and I don't want this to go to waste--and I'll come back and edit this post if it does.

In the decant: White florals, vanilla, and something like paper.

Wet: Alas, there goes the sharpness of the orris. :(

The dry-down: The coconut and the vanilla came out to play, finally. :) Again, this bath oil takes forever to dry, even on my dry skin. It does make it feel better and look better, big pluses in cool/cold dry autumn and winter. :)

Wow, this is REALLY tropical. I'm getting mostly heady floral, which I'm assuming is the osmanthus, but there is a fresh greenness to the blend as well. Not getting any coconut, which disappoints me a bit. This is kind of nice for a cold winter's day, it reminds me of what the tropics would smell like. This is 'OK', but not something I'd wear regularly, though nice for association's sake. Glad I just got a decant.

This is beautiful. Coconut and light vanilla vet papyrus are the main highlights. It does have a lemony and slightly floral undertone and blends the coconut so it's not tropical. Ever so slightly woody as well. It's very relaxing. I can see this becoming my go to bed time moisturizer. :D

i haven't tried this in the bath, and i think maybe the plastic bottle it's in is turning it weird (is that possible?) anyway, i put some on my arm and it smells a lot different on my arm than in the bottle. it's a mix between fresh and vanilla, i think. the papyrus turns a bit wonky on my skin as it often does, but other than that, this is a nice scent. it's a very white feeling scent, and fresh in a way, but not in the typical laundry detergent way, but rather pale white scents. there is something slightly baby powdery in here too. spider silk is the perfect name for this.

Light citrus, tons of white florals, whiff of coconut. This was more citrusy and white floral than I expected. Coconut typically is such a beast that it drags everything with it, but not this time.

That said, I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of the white floral notes. There's something sharp that is stabbing my nose and I think its the osmanthus again.

Is anyone else getting cucumber from this? That's been my first impression every time I've sniffed it. Along with that wet, green fresh scent, I get spring flowers and dry wood. I can't make out any coconut or vanilla at all. On drydown it's almost purely orris with just a tinge of something bitter-green. It fits the image of spider silk well to my nose.

In bottle: Contains orris, so no skin test. Very floral, which brings out the violet in the orris. The vanilla blends well with the flowers and the coconut is understated, but well suited to the over all design.

I thought that I would love this, with the coconut, vanilla and orris notes (three of my favorites), but it's all sharp, musky, perfumey white floral to my nose.