Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jettcat

Luna Negra: Ted's Creation

The solace of shadows: blackberry and blackcurrant with Nepalese amber, kewda attar, and a deep, rich, sweet dark musk.

To echo an above reviewer, this is SO GOOD. I'm a huge fan of BPAL "dark fruit" scents (Mme. Moriarty, Bordello, Hellion) so I was hoping this would be just as good and it is!

In the imp: Golden oil, actually doesn't smell that great. Kind of a musky, sour berry scent.

On my skin: This smells purple! Juicy berries with amber and musk hanging out in the background for a bit of darkness. Very good throw while wet.

Dry: A touch powdery, but in a very good way. The berries have lost some of their juiciness and the musk has come out to play. Still very "purple" smelling and oh so sexy!

A forumite was sweet enough to include a sniffie of this in an imp order, and there was just enough to scrape out a bit for a skin test!

It might just be my skin chemistry, or aging, but I'm not getting any of the berry explosion. Regardless, this is weird and lovely. My initial thought (without knowing any of the notes) was cold and foresty and feral, with a hint of red berry. The musks really smelled like animal fur to me, but in a good way. It dries down to feral, dark musks with the berry showing up occasionally and adding just a bit of sweetness to the blend. The musk in this is really fabulous. Amber usually doesn't work on me, but if it's showing up here it's playing nice. This is super sexy, so of course, it's impossible to find!

This reminds me of Mme. Moriarty a bit, which is probably why I like it so much.

this is pretty much how the description implies- a sweet, rich berry musk. the berry is strong at first and lasts quite awhile but later on the musk becomes more prominent and balances out with the berry. fruits often don't work on me, but berry mostly does. it works at first in this, but is still too sweet for my personal preferences, however when it's been on the skin awhile it does start to turn a bit plasticky, which does happen with certain fruits and my skin chemistry at times.

OMG. I finally got my hands on this. In the bottle, it reminds me VERY strongly of my precious bottle of Mme. Moriarty. But on - once it warms on my skin, this just blooms into a sweet dark berries/musk/amber combo that is delicious!

If I was making a custom blend, I think this would be it. Blackberries, Black Currant, amber, and dark musk. I'm not sure what Kewda Attar is, but it certainly isn't hurting anything in this blend! So glad to have this in my life!

as this is going to a better home, here's my quickie note-to-self:

both Urd-y and Smut-like, but with bitter black berries and none of their sweetness. not as purple as High John.

i had hoped for more of the rich dark musk.

^It did come to a better home - mine!

When I was a newbie on the forum I was gifted some imps and a few almost empty LE bottles from a veteran forum member on the PIF board. One of those bottles was Luna Negra. I remember messaging her telling her that I wasn't sure if I was happy or sad that she had included it, since I had immediately fallen in love and it was a Limited Edition.

On getting my hands on this (full!) bottle, it's exactly how I remember - sweet, dark, musky and delicious. I'm so glad I get to finally enjoy wearing it! :wub3:

Wow. This is even better than I hoped. I ADORE the Lab's Blackberry note, and it's not actually in that many blends. I hunt it down wherever I can. I also happen to love so many of the other notes in this, so it's no surprise I love it! It's thick and sort of syrupy, without being cloying. The Musk is fantastic. It goes a bit powdery, as black musk always does on me, but that's one of the things I love about black musk, it's a GOOD kind of powdery. This is a dark, sultry, summer night in a bottle, and I a so glad to have it. :)