Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the imp: Oak, chamomile, and rhubarb are all present. I smell the oak first, but the chamomile quickly comes to the forefront of the sniff. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's mainly chamomile grounded by oak. As it dries, the oak becomes dominant, with chamomile present as an accent. Given time to settle and develop on my skin, the fig leaf also makes itself known, warming and mellowing the scent. 

Overall, this is a very sedate, even-keeled scent on me, neither particularly light or dark. As such, I could see it layering well with a variety of other RPG options. 

The oak in this comes across as more like a bitter vetiver then dang, where the heckedy heck did it go? Meh it's an okay woody frag. I like Twisted Oak Tree better, but this should layer well regardless if you slather it on.

Revisit 01-14-2021 I totally forgot I had this! This has mellowed out nicely over the months. The initial bite of vetiver-like wood goes away and leaves behind a nice dry woods. There's maybe some fruit in here, but I don't detect it as much. The woods are the star! It reminds me of sandalwood more than oak, but it's very nice. Not my favorite oak, but this will definitely layer well I am considering a bottle. It has more throw now, too, much stronger.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

In the imp this is oaky-mossy-clean: more a newly cut plank of oak than a forest. Wet I still get a core of wood with a bit of chamomile coming in. 

And then when dry, it's this beautiful... candied chamomile? Is that a thing? I'm supposing that's the rhubarb, though I'm not sure what rhubarb smells like, to be perfectly honest 😛 

This is right on the edge of a candy-sweet sent, but it stops well short of being cloying. Very little throw, too -- I have to put my nose right on my skin to really get it.

I tried layering this with Psionicist, and together they are absolutely gorgeous. I think I'll try it with Druid next...

Darn it! I liked this in the vial, but it all but vanishes on my skin. The oak was lovely and has me reaching for Etienne de Boray Oak, which delivers a stronger and long lasting dose.

In the imp: Oak and chamomile, with a hint of fig.

Wet: Oak-soaked chamomile flowers, crispy dried tea leaves and sun-bleached fig leaves.

Dry: Soft chamomile and sweet rhubarb.

Very short-lived, barely grazing the 5 hour mark, with an overall mild throw.

Stars: ★★★★★

Woody and green. I've actually never had rhubarb so I wouldn't be able to identify it in this blend. More oak than I wanted personally and didn't last too long. Maybe a newer imp would have more of the fig leaf and chamomile present.

The first thing I notice is the rhubarb. It's bitter and ever so slightly sweet. Next, the chamomile. I really don't like chamomile, as it reminds me of stale dusty flower petals with a side of moth balls. The oak and fig leaf gives an earthiness to this scent, a foundation for the bittersweet and stale floral.

This just isn't for me! (My imp is of unknown age.)

Edited by skyturtles

Another sleeper from 2014 which has been quietly aging without my knowledge! This one was particularly interesting as I reviewed a newer purchase several months back (and about 3 posts up thread).

In the imp: The same light oak and fig combination, and a brush of chamomile.

Wet: Fig leaf, oak, and... incredibly lush rhubarb. Wow.

Dry: I love this - new, it was a beautiful scent, but aging brings it so much more depth. It's soft and quiet, comforting and pure - a mantle of justice to wrap yourself in. The throw is still fairly mild, but it lasts a lot longer once aged (10 hours or more), and wafts up every so often to reaffirm you in your very proper lawful choices.

Stars: ★★★★★

Cucumber? That's what my brain immediately jumped to with this scent - was there a cucumber melon or something along those lines at Bath and Body Works back in the aughts? It's a bizarre scent memory I haven't touched on in a long time, whatever it's calling up.

Very herby and bright. Not a hit for me.