Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thekittenkat

Polar Bear Plunge Bath Oil

POLAR BEAR PLUNGE BATH OIL
Dive into an invigorating icy vanilla mint bath!

Shea oil, olive oil, apricot kernel oil, fractionated coconut oil, rosehip seed, evening primrose oil, vitamin E, isopropyl myristate, glycereth-7-cocoate (derived from coconut), oleth 3, and Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume blends.

Do note that I don't use this as a bath oil, but as an after-shower "lotion". :)

The first sniff as I pop the cap is very vanilla minty, more minty than vanilla though.

It's a nice thick oil in texture, and does not run as quickly as some of the other bath oils. On the other hand, it does take a little bit more rubbing in to get it to sink it. As with all Post bath oils, it leaves my skin smoother and softer, and does not act in a sticky fashion.

On my skin, it's more minty in scent than vanilla, but it's still very nice! It's refreshing, and I will get a lot of use of this in the warmer weather.

Bummer. This is not what I had hoped for. No vanilla mint, just strangely enough all I get is the snow/ice note I'm not very fond of in perfumes. In the bath oil though it's rather pretty and clean smelling, just not what I had wanted. I was looking for the blast of mint (I've been getting a lot of headaches lately) and there was none. :(

Very nice, just not what I wanted. I think this will be heading to the swap pile.

This is straight up Beth's winter/snow/ice note in all it's finest glory. I happen to love it, but if your looking for a more vanilla based scent, this is not it. In fact I couldn't detect any vanilla what-so-ever. The mint is also faint, but it's there if you give it time. I adore this bath oil, I have been battling a horrible cold throughout the holiday's and this is pretty much the only scent I have really been able to smell. It's tingling, and really relaxing and has helped with my sinus headaches.

The oil is thick, but sinks in easily, the scent is extremely strong and a little goes a long way. I used too much the first time and it not only did it scent my skin but also my pj's, my bathrobe and blanket that I had wrapped around me that day.

I was hoping that this would be like Snowblind in bath oil form, but I don't get any vanilla or much sweetness from this. It smells like snow, ozone, and a hint of minty evergreen. It's clean smelling, but a bit too sharp for me.

This starts out strong minty snow with a touch of sweetness. It does fade fairly quickly on me, but quite refreshing while it lasts. I was hoping for a bit more vanilla sweetness, but I like this enough to keep, and will probably use it more in the summertime.

a lot more mint then vanilla..

still good though, love it more as after-shower-oil then in my-bath-oil though ;)

to minty!

ADDED Sept. 26:

I hate to see my bottle empty :(

but it was SO GOOD every time I used it :wub2:

strange vanilla/mint mix, which I adored, it gives me a christmas in summer kind a feeling :lol:

the oil also made my skin freakin' soft :yum:

Used this one last night! :woohoo:

equal parts vanilla & mint for me - the vanilla is like a raw vanilla with a pinch of sugar & the mint is a strange, "warm yet crisp" variety.

I love the simplicity of this one!

I was able to try this last year thanks to a wonderful forumite who sent along a small decant! Yup - Vanilla/mint. Icy. Yummy. Seems like it would be a great choice for rubbing in to sore spots too! YUM. So glad I got to try this!

Origin: Straight from the Lab at the time and finally reviewing

Initial Thoughts: Invigorating vanilla mint? Hopefully it will wake me up in the shower on all those have-to-get-up-inhumanely-early mornings. (I generally like my job but hate my schedule.)

In the Bottle: Very snowy and minty, but the vanilla comes across more like a soft floral than foody. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

In the Shower: One of the things I love about this oil is not just the cold minty scent it produces, but the fact that it physically cools my skin even in a warm shower. Very helpful for clearing the cobwebs of sleep!

After the Shower: The scent lasts a long time on me and after about the first hour it's like I'm wearing any other of a number of BPAL perfumes - I can tell it's there, other people notice that I smell nice, but it's not overpowering in any way.

Verdict: I was very glad to use this bottle and if the BPTP ever resurrects it I will buy more.

Snowy vanilla with just a touch of mint. This one was cuddlier than I expected. It's definitely more of an eucalyptus mint, and I get more of a 'snow' note to it with a good liberal dose of vanilla.

Fun, festive, and definitely great for a winter time bath.