Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Batgirl

Bridal BPAL - BPAL for weddings?

Thanks to Laurel for posting a link to this thread! I wore the unity set (red rose and white rose) on my wedding day. The scent wasn't my husband's thing but he sprinkled a bit on a bit of cloth that he kept in his pocket for the day. The symbolism of combining the two perfumes into more awesomeness made it the perfect choice.

I love this thread!! I have read through it a few times now, but always felt a little silly posting here.

I have been with the SO for more than 4 years now and I am certain that someday we will get married.... We just don't have any plans set in stone for the future. *sigh* Someday.

I have been considering what I would wear and unless my skin chemistry changes, I have narrowed the list down to:

Antique Lace

Black Orchid

Love's Philosophy

Hod

XCDL13-Sadly, the SO doesn't like this one too much...

Unveiled

added Glowing Vulva-this one starts off kinda weird on my skin, but after a bit it really begins to waft wonderfully. The SO and I both love it....

I have always envisioned an outdoor wedding with a nice white dress, so I am not sure if one scent would just lend itself to the mood/moment better than another. I love all the scents listed above, but the SO doesn't really like Black Orchid.... might influence the decision?

And for the reception/wedding night:

Womb Furie (Hee hee!)

Snake Oil

Cthulhu in Love

Glowing Vulva (Hee hee!!)

Hod

The SO is definitely going to wear The Wild Men of Jezirat al Tennyn. It just smells amazingly swoon worthy on him!

Also, I love the idea of using imps as favors. If I ever set down a theme, I am so purchasing bunches of imps following the theme for bridesmaids at least... Not sure if having imps on the tables though would be a good idea. I have too many younger cousins that might get into trouble with those kinds of things.

I always kinda wanted to get those personalized M&M's for the tables at the reception. Hee hee!!

Edited by Catseyes

Those personalized M&Ms are $$$!! I looked into those for my daughter's Sweet 16.

I'm not sure if my b/f and I are headed towards marriage or not... but if the day ever comes where I take that plunge (again) I think I'd wear either Spellbound or Hope. Spellbound because it's my #1... but I like the idea of wearing Hope. And it smells so yummy.

I'd love to get married on a beach somewhere, so maybe I would choose something that kind of went along with that theme. Hmm...

I wore Snow White for my wedding last May, and it was the perfect choice! Snow White always makes me feel very happy and princess-like, so there was no question which scent I'd go with.

I haven't the first idea what I'm going to wear! My wedding is May 22... yep, it's close.

All my absolute favorites are Autumn scents (Jack is my #1), so I don't know. Any minty/tea scents that spring to mind, ladies? I love my mints, too.

Maybe Unveiled, which is a little funny, considering I'm not going to wear one!

I haven't the first idea what I'm going to wear! My wedding is May 22... yep, it's close.

All my absolute favorites are Autumn scents (Jack is my #1), so I don't know. Any minty/tea scents that spring to mind, ladies? I love my mints, too.

Maybe Unveiled, which is a little funny, considering I'm not going to wear one!

May 22 was my wedding date too, you'll be getting married on my 1st anniversary! :D For minty or tea scents I have to suggest trying Gennivre and Green Tree Viper. Congratulations! :joy:

While I think there is no particular scent that is appropriate for a wedding, in other words that the right woman can pull off any scent as long as it is the right scent for her ... that being said, my first vote would go to Thalia.

This sparkling, clear, sweet, crisp scent is very different and yet has a light charm and elegance that make it very well suited to a springtime wedding.

Another one is Bon Vivant. The strawberries and champagne are a perfect fit for how I'd want to celebrate my happy day.

For totally different vibes Mme. Moriarty would also be high on my list.

I got married last Halloween and I wore Chimera (my hubby loves it on me). that warm cinnamon worked very nicely!

I recommend something both you and your SO like ;)

I got married last Oct. 1st and I wore my favorite scent, Helena. It's such a beautiful and romantic scent.

I wore O at my wedding, both for the ceremony and the reception. My husband wore Whitechapel (which smalls amazing on him and it was fitting for the occasion).

Edited by harshmallow

*sigh* that's awesome! I wish my boyfriend was into BPAL. He really seems to dislike the concept of NOT wearing one scent constantly.

I'm getting married on Halloween this year & I'm still trying to figure out what I'm wearing. I had a dream that Beth made me a combo of Hellion & Pumpkin Cheesecake. *wishes* :yum:

*sigh* that's awesome! I wish my boyfriend was into BPAL. He really seems to dislike the concept of NOT wearing one scent constantly.

My husband's not really into BPAL per se, but he wears what I get for him. His favorites are Doc Constantine, The Black Rider, and Jolly Roger, both of which make him smell so awesome that my head spins. Now he only wears Whitechapel on our anniversaries.

Edited by harshmallow

So.... Teh Manthing seems to have finally lost his damn mind, because he went and proposed to me last Saturday!! :squee:

I knew that someday we would marry, but he completely took me by (a very, very pleasant) suprise. *stares at Teh Shiny he bought me*

So!! Even though we're planning on a long engagement (like, 2 years), of course I've been thinking about wedding plans. And what better detail to start with than what BPAL to wear on The Day? :lol:

Nothing's been hammered out yet obviously, but of the ideas I've gotten from Teh Manthing and what friends have been helpfully giving me, I have two ideas so far: Either having a small wedding with close family and some friends at the beach, and then perhaps another reception for all of our friends here at home; or a large outdoor wedding closer to home (Sewanee Mountain is not far from where I grew up, and the scenery is gorgeous).

Now if we go with the beachside wedding, I'm not sure what I'll wear; Teh Manthing is rather peculiar in his scent preferences, so I have to be careful of anything with a lot of musk (anything with white musk he says smells like incense) or honey (he hates it!). But something oceanic and tropical feeling would be perfect, so I am thinking maybe Thalassa the Galapagos Mermaid (one of the ONLY acquatics that actually smells good on me and that I enjoy), Snow White (total opposite end of the spectrum, but the strong coconut I get from it would make it read very beach-appropriate), or Tiki Princess (once I smell it! I'm hoping for a Hawaiian Snow White, TBH :lol:). If we do decide upon the destination wedding, then I would like to have the local reception and wear Agape -- it just seems so appropriate for the spirit of coming together to share in a newly-wedded couple's happiness and wish them well.

Now, for Scenario Numbah Two! The mountains of Tennessee in autumn are pretty damn gorgeous, I'm not gonna lie. HOWEVER, there are exactly zero BPAL Halloweenie/Autumn scents which work with my skin chemistry!! Aaaack! The only two scents I can think of off the top of my head are The Illustrated Woman (which is aaaaahmazing, to be sure) and Crypt Queen (:lol:). This one is definitely a bit trickier, so if anyone has any suggestions for things I might try, please let me know!

I wore Sudha Segara to the courthouse. Its a permanent scent memory for me! Along side flip flops and an adjustable snake ring. When the judge saw the ring he looked at me worriedly then he looked at my baby and asked him, "... are you sure about this?"! Unforgettable! :P

I wore Black Lily on my wedding day last summer. It's one of the only floral/light scents that I like, and that my husband likes, and it was a summer outdoor wedding, so it fit :)

I got married at the end of May.

I wore Snowflakes... On me Snowflakes has good throw, but is not overpowering. There is a floral aspect that blended well with a garden wedding, and I love the way Snowflakes leaves a lingering scent in the air where I've just been.

The Boy wore Dorian. It smells so good on him!

bump! i'm getting married on july 13! recommend me something for a bride to wear to her quirky vegas wedding? (i wish there was a vegas scent in the wanderlust series.) i thought about wearing 13 (it's my lucky number and the wedding is on the 13th!) but i don't know if i wanna smell like chocolate and it doesn't last very long on me. hm.

bump! i'm getting married on july 13! recommend me something for a bride to wear to her quirky vegas wedding? (i wish there was a vegas scent in the wanderlust series.) i thought about wearing 13 (it's my lucky number and the wedding is on the 13th!) but i don't know if i wanna smell like chocolate and it doesn't last very long on me. hm.

Congratulations, sweetie! For a Vegas wedding, I would choose Bon Vivant: strawberries and champagne! Bubbly, sweet, and light, fun but still romantic. :smilenod: