Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

It looks like CCNow double charged me for my epic Yule order. I discovered this when my credit card company called to see if there were unauthorized transactions.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I have contacted CCNow (still waiting for a response) but I am wondering whether or not I need to contact the lab too? (I know the order confirmation says to contact CCNow for billing questions, but I am wondering if I need a bigger paper trail?)

How long does CCNow usually take to respond to billing inquiries?

Thanks!

Rocza, I would go ahead and e-mail the Lab about it now. You may just hear from them "oh, no problem, we just got one order from you," but if CCNow did screw up and send your order to the Lab twice, they would probably appreciate knowing about it as soon as possible too :D The earlier they hear about the potential problem, the more they can do to help you solve it.

I haven't used CCNow in several years, so I don't know how long they take to respond - but hopefully they will soon!

Rocza, I would go ahead and e-mail the Lab about it now. You may just hear from them "oh, no problem, we just got one order from you," but if CCNow did screw up and send your order to the Lab twice, they would probably appreciate knowing about it as soon as possible too :D The earlier they hear about the potential problem, the more they can do to help you solve it.

I haven't used CCNow in several years, so I don't know how long they take to respond - but hopefully they will soon!

Good point! I hadn't considered the possibility of the lab filling an extra order. I just mailed the lab to give them a heads up.

ETA: The problem seems to have sorted itself out. Neither CCNow or the credit card company could explain what happened, but my records are now showing the correct totals, so I assume that either, a) CCNow sent the charge through twice, then reversed the extra, or B) there was a reserve placed on the card, and both the reserve and the actual charge were registered as a combined charge for a while. In any case, all is well now.

Edited by Rocza

Do we pay sales tax now? Or is CCNow wonky at the moment?

In my BPAL shopping cart - the first page reflects the amount without sales tax. On the second page, you enter your shipping info. The third page (where you also enter cc information) takes you to a confirmation that lists the items you're ordering along with the total again. This time, though, it includes sales tax.

Are you in California, bluerose? I'm wondering if there's been some sort of CCNow software update that is adding the tax.

Either way, I can't imagine that the Lab would quietly change their policy for CA customers without some sort of announcement explaining it - that's not their style. I would definitely let customer service know so they can look into it.

Thanks for the answer, ivyandpeony. I thought maybe I was being silly and there was an announcement about sales tax that I missed.

I am in California, so I initially thought that maybe there was sales tax for CA orders now. BPTP's CCNow, however, doesn't have the sales tax on. So I tried a few test orders for other states, since we don't have to enter cc information until the third page where the sales tax pops up. For each state that I tried (like Colorado which shouldn't pay CA sales tax or CCNow's MN sales tax), there was sales tax included on the third page.

I'll take some screen caps and email the lab about it.

Do we pay sales tax now? Or is CCNow wonky at the moment?

In my BPAL shopping cart - the first page reflects the amount without sales tax. On the second page, you enter your shipping info. The third page (where you also enter cc information) takes you to a confirmation that lists the items you're ordering along with the total again. This time, though, it includes sales tax.

Any updates regarding this question? Are we paying sales tax on California orders? Thanks.

I had never used CCNow. . and was a little taken back with being charged tax on my order, since I never have through paypal. So is that right? Or should I contact the lab?

No, we are not suppose to pay CA sales tax. The lab got back to me and confirmed that they do not charge CA sales tax on their orders. However, for whatever reason, the CCNow system charges CA sales tax...

You guys should definitely contact the lab so that they are aware of the spectrum of this problem. I think CCNow tries to charge sales tax for quite a few states they're not suppose to. I tried out a Colorado address (which is neither where CCNow is located nor where the lab is located) and CCNow tried to charge a sales tax on that order. It was odd.

Edited by bluerose

No, we are not suppose to pay CA sales tax. The lab got back to me and confirmed that they do not charge CA sales tax on their orders. However, for whatever reason, the CCNow system charges CA sales tax...

You guys should definitely contact the lab so that they are aware of the spectrum of this problem. I think CCNow tries to charge sales tax for quite a few states they're not suppose to. I tried out a Colorado address (which is neither where CCNow is located nor where the lab is located) and CCNow tried to charge a sales tax on that order. It was odd.

Argh! Seeing this made me search for all my previous CCNow emails and lo and behold, they had been charging me CA sales tax since Feb :eek:! So I have emailed the goblins at the lab so they can give CCNow a spanking. :yum: ..... what?

I have always used CCNow for all of my lab orders. I want to make sure I have all of the correct information. If we place an order using paypal- we do not have to add tax to the total, correct? Do we just calculate cost of items + shipping?

Edited by Corvus Corax

Argh! Seeing this made me search for all my previous CCNow emails and lo and behold, they had been charging me CA sales tax since Feb :eek:! So I have emailed the goblins at the lab so they can give CCNow a spanking. :yum: ..... what?

I just made an order for the lunacy and I too was charged CA sales tax. Has anyone heard from the lab yet? :think:

Which shipping destination option are you choosing? I use the generic United States one, and I never get CA sales tax.

Edited for clarity.

Edited by plainjean

Hmmm, that's really weird.

I've tried it both ways.

On my computer, picking CA shipping or United States shipping both brings up the sales tax on the final page. I also figured that even if you went with the generic United States shipping option, once you get to the second page where you enter your shipping/billing address you have to put CA as your state so CCNow will see that you're in CA, and try to hit you with a CA sales tax.

plainjean, is your shipping and billing info both in CA too?

Hmmm, that's really weird.

I've tried it both ways.

On my computer, picking CA shipping or United States shipping both brings up the sales tax on the final page. I also figured that even if you went with the generic United States shipping option, once you get to the second page where you enter your shipping/billing address you have to put CA as your state so CCNow will see that you're in CA, and try to hit you with a CA sales tax.

plainjean, is your shipping and billing info both in CA too?

Oh, no it's not. I don't know why I was reading some of the other posts as saying that they were getting CA sales tax when they weren't in CA. Sorry about that! :blush: I should not be posting when I'm only half awake, haha.

Which shipping destination option are you choosing? I use the generic United States one, and I never get CA sales tax.

Edited for clarity.

I chose CA. :)

Yeah I'm all confuzzled about this too. Shouldn't I be paying sales tax anyway if I'm buying in and having it sent to CA? I am kinda dense about this matter it seems :blush:

I sent the lab a message and didn't get a reply. From NOV-FEB ccnow was not charging me sales tax.

From FEB on they were. Iono whats up, I still love the lab no matter what though. They can have my sales tax as homage to awesomeness. :wub2:

Ok, so I use the shopping cart to build my orders sometimes to check my adding up. Being international, I have to use Paypal, and that's my preferred method usually. Tonight, I was just playing around with a small order, and when I checked my cart, it said I could choose to pay in the currency of my choice, and that it could ship to Australia! :eek:

I'm probably still going to use Paypal anyway - I've had no problems so far with it - but still it'd be nice to know if CCNow can actually process international orders now. Just in case I want to do some impulse shopping like tonight ;)

I'm getting ready to place an order (like, now) and for the first time since I have been ordering from BPAL, I am only given the option to use a CC - no option to use paypal. That's not good...I don't mind using a CC, but I would rather use PP - has anyone else encountered this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that when you purchase with PayPal you only have the option to use a credit card or do you mean you can no longer use PayPal when you check out through CCNow? Because I'm fairly certain the Lab discouraged the latter.

I'm getting ready to place an order (like, now) and for the first time since I have been ordering from BPAL, I am only given the option to use a CC - no option to use paypal. That's not good...I don't mind using a CC, but I would rather use PP - has anyone else encountered this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

I'm a little confused as well. If you are wanting to use Paypal, you should log into your PP account and send your money to the lab. If you are clicking on the links and ending up a CCNow, you should not use Paypal because the lab ends up getting charged by CCNow and Paypal......or did you mean somethings else? :blush:

Wow! All of that seems new to me. When I have ordered in the past, I fill up my "cart" through CC Now and after I enter my addy and contact info at the bottom of the screen it gave me the option to use paypal or enter a credit card number. This time, the paypal option wasn't there. This IS a new thing, because when I ordered Weeping Branches Moon and RPG's the paypal option was there. I just thought it was a bit strange. I ended up placing my order with a credit card, I just prefer paypal as a general rule. :)

Wow! All of that seems new to me. When I have ordered in the past, I fill up my "cart" through CC Now and after I enter my addy and contact info at the bottom of the screen it gave me the option to use paypal or enter a credit card number. This time, the paypal option wasn't there. This IS a new thing, because when I ordered Weeping Branches Moon and RPG's the paypal option was there. I just thought it was a bit strange. I ended up placing my order with a credit card, I just prefer paypal as a general rule. :)

This is from the Lab's FAQ page - I enlarged and bolded the important part:

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I order through Paypal? Can I tell you what I want so you can send me an invoice?

We do not send Paypal invoices. To place an order through Paypal, first construct your order, then calculate your total and:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and click on "send money"

2. Address your payment to paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com

3. At the "review and confirm" stage, list your selections in the message box provided

4. Please be sure to send payment in US Dollars only

If your selections do not fit in Paypal's message box, please email your selections to Customer Service after sending the payment.

Please note:

You may use our online shopping cart to construct your order and calculate your total, but please do not click on "checkout" if you are paying with Paypal. The checkout feature is for credit card orders only. Please do not select Paypal as payment method on a CCNow order. We get double charged for all orders that use both Paypal and CCNow together.

Edited by portalkat

A quick disclaimer: if this is in the wrong topic, please let me know! :)

I placed an order with CCNow on May 17th, and it is still listed as "Awaiting Shipment." This is only my second order, so I may have been spoiled by the Lab's speed in downloading (or reaping, etc) my last order from CCNow. Is this long of a wait between placing an order and the Lab receiving it typical? Thanks!

ETA: I realized that I should have updated this quite a while ago! Not more than a day or two after posting this, the status in my CCNow receipt updated itself, and I have since received my order. False alarm. :)

Edited by JLH