Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

Long time lurker, finally registered an account to post. Here's my recs for the last few people:

mymymai: Sherezade kept popping into my head- it's kind of a sexy librarian scent. I found that one layers pretty well with similiar scents, try pairing it with an opium note like in Kubla Khan for a dark or horror mood, or with Bastet for sexy librarian cat lady. It also reminds me of the quiet hours before dawn, so maybe that would work with your whole waking early to lesson plan.

KidMemphis: I also didn't get a sexy floral feel from what you wrote. I kept thinking either dry or sharper, more forward scents, since you mentioned being outspoken. But one that might work would be The Obsidian Widow. I sniffed it once, and to me it wasn't a quiet floral, plus the pinot noir gave it that sharp edge. And since you added that you were set in your tastes, maybe a scent like a controlled, clean spice floral like Frumious Bandersnatch would suit your personality?

JasminDreams: I kept thinking either smoke and flowers or a really busy but not obnoxious floral. If you can track it down, I'd suggest giving Tiki Queen a chance. On me it starts smelling like Sweet Tarts, and five minutes later it goes from too sweet candy to faceplanting in a pile of tropical flowers. Something like Moscow or The Hanging Gardens might suit you as well.

stylesclash: I'm thinking of softer smells for you, something light and comforting, since it works with your personality and what you listed as liking. I've had a lot of luck in the Bewitching Brews section finding things that aren't overpowering. Check out Eclipse and Ephemera. Also, Black Pearl smells like hazelnut and coconut without being straight up food.

Lyn0456: I remember the Knave of Hearts smelling delicious. Not something I'd wear, but I wanted to eat my arm when it was on, and I ended up baking like three types of pastries the night I wore it. I think it would work on a redhead gourmand. Unfortunately I don't know that many foody smells. Maybe Bastet for you as well, it's spicy but has a hot cherry note going on that you might like.

----------

So I am having trouble finding a scent I would wear every day. Maybe you guys can help me find one that fits my personality? Just a warning, I thought ozones would fit me, but they amp like crazy on my skin! They're also so sharp on me that I feel like I'm going to cut someone with my scent whenever I wear them. The one I can remember trying is Tempest, but other ozones have had a similiar effect, which is a bummer. I've also found that heavy smells just don't feel right on me, I don't want to be trapped in my perfume.

About me: I am a recent grad, going back for more schooling in illustration. I want to become a concept artist or similiar kind of designer eventually. My art specialties are in drawing, painting in watercolors, digital, and oil, clay and digital sculpture, and fabrication through casting resin/plaster. My art tends to not be delicate looking- I favor motion, realistic proportions, and large scale formats. I also do woodworking for fun.

I love summer thunderstorms, thick winter snowstorms, sandstone and slate. I like to think I'm an adventurer, as I travel frequently and have been overseas a couple of times. I currently live in a desert environment, and while I love it, I still miss the thick forests from my childhood home. The last 'big' adventure I had was in the fall when I hiked the Grand Canyon rim to river and back. I also consider myself easy going, but not introverted, and I have many close friends.

Physically, I have long brown hair, light eyes, and pale skin that doesn't tan. I wear mostly greens and blues. I rarely wear black, and any jewelry is simple and understated. My taste in movies, books, and music is eclectic, but I gravitate towards nonfiction and various forms of science fiction. Lately I've been rocking out to the blues and 70s-80s rock. I love food, but not super foody scents, and I think I might love coffee more than any of my past relationships. Hm. Maybe that's why they all ended? ;) I am also a massive geek and unashamed. I play a lot of video games- the Fallout series might be my favorite. I am interested in anything dealing with science and space, especially when photography and imaging is involved. I sometimes get swept into a fit of romanticism, as things like Carl Sagan's essays and photos from Jupiter have made me all choked up before. It's like that in other aspects of my life- I'm all logical and level headed, then bam, I get knocked off my feet by a flurry of joyous emotion.

Maybe I should look for something ephemeral and vaguely outdoorsy for a scent? Or maybe something a western spacegirl would wear? What do you guys think?

Sundog: Hmm, I think you might like Fenris Wolf. It was one I was really hoping for, it smells fantastic in the bottle, but turned strange on my skin. I've got weird chemistry though. Either that or one of my favorites, Wolf's Heart. Really pretty, perfect for everyday wearing.

----

Alrighty, well, I'm a studio arts major with an emphasis in animation and illustration. My dream is to draw comic books or to design characters for video games and cartoons. I also love sculpture. Metal, clay, paint, pencil, computer...honestly, I'll work with anything you give me.

Personality wise, I'm stubborn as all hell, a bit impulsive, fiercely independent,and I am quick to laugh and joke. I make friends quickly and love to be surrounded by people but I'm also content by myself. I'll try anything once, more so now that I just got out of a long term relationship and am my own person for the first time in a long time.

I'll listen to pretty much anything music-wise. I love classical, pop, jazz, country, Celtic, rock, alternative, indie and metal (especially foreign, like Faroese and Finnish), among others.

I love nothing more than playing video games and getting my hands dirty, and I have no problem being one of the boys. But I'm a girl at heart.

I've been working really hard on some self esteem issues that I've had all my life, and finally I'm starting to feel like the strong, beautiful, sexy woman I've always wanted to be.

Any suggestions?

OK, you all talked me into it. ;)

I'm a 38 year old mom with kids ranging in age from 13 year old twin boys to a 21 year old daughter in college. I'm very happily married to my true love, soul mate, best friend. I work as a food service manager for a catering company, overseeing 3 sorority houses at a university. I'm surrounded by frat boys and sorority girls all day long. I have a rottweiler named Mook and a cat named Gary Hazelbaker.

I love reading, mostly non-fiction but also Stephen King, Diana Gabaldon (Outlander series :wub2: ) and Ayn Rand, and Chuck Palahniuk. The non-fiction I like includes the ...For Dummies series, politics and religion, etc. I read the Harry Potter books, but have vowed to never crack open any of the Twilight series. I'm the type of person who would rather discover something on her own than buy into any hype. Generally, if someone says "You'll love this book/song/artist/movie" it's a sure fire way to make me not interested.

I love to crochet and I taught myself to knit (with the help of some nice old ladies at my local yarn shop) because I was bored at work. I cross stitch as well, but that's about it when it comes to crafts. I do love online gaming, everything from the FB apps to an MMORPG (not WoW). I like nice quality things, I'd rather have one $100 pair of jeans that I love and will last me 5 years, then own 10 $10 pair. I love Coach bags and imported tea.

I'm half Thai, but was not raised around any of my Thai family. In fact, I did not know any of them including my mother until November of 2009. In the spring of '09, my sister's and I were contacted by a brother we did not know we had (my dad's son) which set off the chain of events that led to us finding our mother after 30+ years. One of the best times of my life, besides my wedding, was the meeting/reuinion of my entire Thai family after all that time for Thanksgiving. The authentic Thai food was fantastic...the turkey and mashed potatoes not so much. :laugh:

I LOVE to cook, bake and eat. I will eat just about anything you put in front of me. I'm unafraid to try new things. I love rich, deep flavors. Red wines, milk and dark chocolates, dark beers, steaks. I love all Asian foods, Mexican, Italian, Middle Eastern...pretty much every ethnic group. I'm pretty much a daydreamer, and but have gone from very optimistic in my youth to slightly cynical as I age. I love to debate politics and religion, I pride myself on being fair and objective, and never fighting dirty with personal insults and low blows. I've always been a take charge person, at work and in my family (being the oldest sibling). I don't wear makeup aside from lip gloss. I have very long dark hair, bang and glasses. I'm dark complected, being half Thai. I'd say my skin is about the color of a latte. I like Volkswagens, and my dream car is an Audi. I love camping. I prefer darker clothing, wide legged pants and 3/4 sleeve tops. I have a full back piece tattoo (part of which is in my profile pic) which is renditions of my entire family based on Brain Froud's fairies books. I'm also working on a 3/4 sleeve, which will represent me and my siblings.

I listen to hip hop, a lot of DIY punk and old emo, and Frank Sinatra and showtunes. I have a very very dry sense of humor, I don't laugh at what other people do, and when I do laugh, usually I'm the only one. :rolleyes2:

I would be a vampire, not a werewolf.

ETA: I'm a Capricorn and born in the Year of the Rat. I'm obsessed with goats. Can't wait to own a nanny and kid so I can make cheese and fudge! I'm very interested in homesteading, I love the farmer's market and organic gardening and rescuing houeplants from box stores to get healthy and gift!

Help me out with some recommendations for my first Lab order!

Edited by Jenny Goat

Sundog- I'm still kind of new so there's a lot of scents I haven't tried yet... but I think you might like some of the ones that I associate with outdoorsy/ozoney/air/water storm notes if that makes sense- leanan sidhe, ulalume, ode to melancholy (which goes bitter on me but not my friend) and actually himerus is quite nice with the juniper and sandalwood smells if you like green smells. maybe if you can track down some queen mab that might be worth smelling also. Also- the lab's lotus is pretty.

Oh, this looks like fun!

I'm 25. I've been married to my husband for a little over 3 years now. We live in Brooklyn, and met almost 7 years ago via Match.com. I have a BA in Psychology, and a Masters in School Counseling, though due to a hiring freeze I cannot get hired in that field, and I currently work with 5-7 year olds as an After School Counselor.

I'm very very shy around people I don't know, but I am very spontaneous and fun once I get to know someone. With my friends and family, I can be sort of defensive and argumentative sometimes, but overall I am pretty quiet and mellow.

I have one tattoo on my right ankle of a palm tree. My husband and I LOVE cruising because it is relaxing, and there is no better place on earth than on the deck of a cruise ship with endless ocean all around me. We also got married on a cruise ship, so my palm tree signifies that, as well as my husband proposing to me on the beach. I LOVE the summer and all things fresh, clean, and anything that evokes a summer-y feel. But, I also love Christmas, snow, and the "chilly" feeling (if that makes any sense). I'm a HUGE family person and very very close to my mother.

I think that's it...I already wrote too much :blush:

What a fun thread! A "get to know you" as well as the scents!

About me: I'm 26 (for at least a little longer...), married to my high school sweetheart, working at a natural pet supply store that focuses on better health of our pets through nutrition and other natural products. I'm a very laid back person, introverted for the most part, but bubbly and social when it's required. I was an english major in university, attempting for a minor in history but it didn't work out. But with that I'm a literary and history nerd who doesn't read as many books as I'd like. Shakespeare and classic literature are my weakness, as well as Margaret Atwood and historical fiction. I'd rather travel to a city rich in culture and history than a tropical beach. I'd rather spend time with my hubby and dog than with pretty much anyone else. I'm not sporty at all, and while I love the idea of hiking in the woods, but it's not my favourite activity once I'm actually doing it. My favourite movie has been the Wizard of Oz for as long as I can remember. I wore ruby slippers to my wedding and had a blue gingham garter. I've become a bit of a sci-fi geek in recent years, but haven't embraced it publicly yet. Firefly, Doctor Who, Stargate, etc. are my secret weakness. I don't like winter. I hate being cold. I also am not a huge fan of summer but only because of extreme heat and sunburns. I like fall. Autumn colours and crisp leaves and still warm enough to be comfortable with a bit of sharpness in the air. Spring is a close second with the inviting warmth of summer approaching, everything in bloom. I drive a silver Beetle and have been told it suits me.

There, now that I've rambled, tell me what you think!

Edit:

Oh, and appearance (though it's supposed to be just on personality, but this might help a bit) I'm 5'6", auburn/brown hair and green/hazel/blue eyes. I'm not a skinny-mini, I've got curves (a true hourglass), but I'm *just* over the line to overweight. I'm confident in my appearance, but not vain.

Edited by Tiada

I'm rather new, so this sounds like a fantastic idea! I'd love any suggestions anyone might have.

I'm 21, majoring in biological anthropology (specializing in osteology and paleoanthropology) and I hope to enter a PhD program next year. I love my major - I literally study bones all day long and it's fantastic. Definitely a geek - I started reading early, and I never go anywhere without a book. Basically grew up in the library, and I still go there whenever I want to relax. I can be a bit shy when I'm around people I don't know, but I open up quickly around interesting people and after that I'm actually very talkative and open. Some people might even say I trust too easily. I've played various musical instruments all my life - the longest is the oboe for 10 years now. My favorite book is "The Phantom of the Opera" and I'll admit, I'm a sucker for romances even though I tend to play the cynic. Not remotely religious, but still a bit spiritual if that makes any sense - I'm a scientist at heart, and I value logic above all else, but I can still wax poetic about the beauty of the laws of physics and the universe as a whole. I'm actually Jewish, just more culturally so than religiously. A lot of my interests are rather quirky and/or morbid but at the same time I'm told that I'm ridiculously non-confrontational, sweet and I have one friend who legitimately calls me a "kitten." Swear. So I am outgoing, but I value my alone time too - I spend a lot of time in my dorm room, on my laptop. Russian classical music (Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, Rimsky-Korsakov, Borodin), Sherlock Holmes, Criminal Minds, Wuthering Heights, Much Ado About Nothing, fresh raspberries and blackberries, grew up in a college town with professors for parents, can read Egyptian hieroglyphs as well as Latin, Hebrew and French. Wow, I sure come off as contradictory, don't I? It works, though, I promise. I'm really a very happy, optimistic person.

Are we supposed to put appearance as well? 5'4", rather average weight, fairly conservative as far as clothing goes but I prefer to go for a cute dress instead of jeans and a t-shirt. Long brown hair, brown eyes (that almost look Asian, we think somewhere back in my family there's someone with Mongolian ancestry), ridiculously pale skin. I'm sure this is all way too much information, but like I said above - talkative!

OK, you all talked me into it. ;)

I'm a 38 year old mom with kids ranging in age from 13 year old twin boys to a 21 year old daughter in college. I'm very happily married to my true love, soul mate, best friend. I work as a food service manager for a catering company, overseeing 3 sorority houses at a university. I'm surrounded by frat boys and sorority girls all day long. I have a rottweiler named Mook and a cat named Gary Hazelbaker.

I love reading, mostly non-fiction but also Stephen King, Diana Gabaldon (Outlander series :wub2: ) and Ayn Rand, and Chuck Palahniuk. The non-fiction I like includes the ...For Dummies series, politics and religion, etc. I read the Harry Potter books, but have vowed to never crack open any of the Twilight series. I'm the type of person who would rather discover something on her own than buy into any hype. Generally, if someone says "You'll love this book/song/artist/movie" it's a sure fire way to make me not interested.

I love to crochet and I taught myself to knit (with the help of some nice old ladies at my local yarn shop) because I was bored at work. I cross stitch as well, but that's about it when it comes to crafts. I do love online gaming, everything from the FB apps to an MMORPG (not WoW). I like nice quality things, I'd rather have one $100 pair of jeans that I love and will last me 5 years, then own 10 $10 pair. I love Coach bags and imported tea.

I'm half Thai, but was not raised around any of my Thai family. In fact, I did not know any of them including my mother until November of 2009. In the spring of '09, my sister's and I were contacted by a brother we did not know we had (my dad's son) which set off the chain of events that led to us finding our mother after 30+ years. One of the best times of my life, besides my wedding, was the meeting/reuinion of my entire Thai family after all that time for Thanksgiving. The authentic Thai food was fantastic...the turkey and mashed potatoes not so much. :laugh:

I LOVE to cook, bake and eat. I will eat just about anything you put in front of me. I'm unafraid to try new things. I love rich, deep flavors. Red wines, milk and dark chocolates, dark beers, steaks. I love all Asian foods, Mexican, Italian, Middle Eastern...pretty much every ethnic group. I'm pretty much a daydreamer, and but have gone from very optimistic in my youth to slightly cynical as I age. I love to debate politics and religion, I pride myself on being fair and objective, and never fighting dirty with personal insults and low blows. I've always been a take charge person, at work and in my family (being the oldest sibling). I don't wear makeup aside from lip gloss. I have very long dark hair, bang and glasses. I'm dark complected, being half Thai. I'd say my skin is about the color of a latte. I like Volkswagens, and my dream car is an Audi. I love camping. I prefer darker clothing, wide legged pants and 3/4 sleeve tops. I have a full back piece tattoo (part of which is in my profile pic) which is renditions of my entire family based on Brain Froud's fairies books. I'm also working on a 3/4 sleeve, which will represent me and my siblings.

I listen to hip hop, a lot of DIY punk and old emo, and Frank Sinatra and showtunes. I have a very very dry sense of humor, I don't laugh at what other people do, and when I do laugh, usually I'm the only one. :rolleyes2:

I would be a vampire, not a werewolf.

ETA: I'm a Capricorn and born in the Year of the Rat. I'm obsessed with goats. Can't wait to own a nanny and kid so I can make cheese and fudge! I'm very interested in homesteading, I love the farmer's market and organic gardening and rescuing houeplants from box stores to get healthy and gift!

Help me out with some recommendations for my first Lab order!

I don't know if it would appeal to you, but the first oil I thought of was Fox Fires on New Years Eve at the Garment Nettle Tree...Salon.

The second that came to mind was Calaveras. :)

Hey ladies - I'm a bit new too, was lurking about a year ago and nwo i figure i want to join in!! I have snake oil, but don't like it much - its too powdery on me, but its an old bottle (about a year i think), so that could be the reason.

So, personality. Well, it can only be my own view of my personality as someone else might describe me as different!! But i'm going on what other people say too.

I'll start by saying I'm an artist - i'm 34 and paint fantasy and horror art and also portraits and animals. I would say i'm a very opinionated person - i'm not the sort who will sit listening to people debate and not join in - i always have something to say. I'm very passionate. I'm extremely physical - have a very high libido (causes me no end of trouble as I can't find a man to match it!). I've been single six months and for the first time in YEARS i've felt happy about not wanting to go out with anyone whereas before I was always thinking about meeting someone special. Before my previous relationship (which lasted 18 months) i was single for five years - have been single in my life for more years than in relationships. After the last guy its not any surprise i'm not in a rush to get into the next (he was a bullying sociopathic control freak). The kind of men i like are big, broad, full of laughter and twinkling eyes. I have a huge appetite for life.

I'm very silly with a strong sense of the ridiculous. I absolutely LOVE dancing (i'm a belly dancer in my spare time). I have a very very keen sense of smell - i can always smell things others can't. I don't drink much - but when i do, cocktails are the alcohol of choice. I'm about five eight tall, curvaceous and dark haired and fair skinned and blue eyes. Thats me there in the pic (doesn't tell you much i know). I smile alot.

You might get more idea of waht i'm like by looking at my piccies www.artbymanon.com :)

Oh yeah, and my 'go to' perfume for years has been Karma from Lush. I LOVE it. So anything along those lines would be great to recommend. I am just in heaven reading all the descriptions in here!! I burst into tears when i read the description for the last unicorn - soo magical. I'm a completely soppy romantic...

Manon, some of the ones I'd recommend based on your description and fondness for Karma:

*Hunger - "Evokes sheer, unadulterated carnal lust. An undeniably warm and sensual scent. Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla."

*Ravenous - "An utterly feral, thoroughly rousing perfume. Red patchouli sweetened by orange blossom."

*Vixen - "Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreaker's perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli."

(and for more Karma-like orange-y scents, you might want to check out Polynesian Pop, Tweedledee, Meliai, & Jabberwocky)

I like to recommend Voodoo as a sexy dance scent, and it could almost be in the same family as something like Karma (and I'm biased, as its one of my favorites, lol):

*Voodoo - "A midnight scent, evoking images of flickering golden firelight reflecting off the sheen of glistening skin and the jerking shadows of bodies suffused with spiritual ecstasy. A deep, powerful, resonant blend of myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, lime, vanilla, pine, almond and clove."

Also, I really like your artwork <3

I'm rather new, so this sounds like a fantastic idea! I'd love any suggestions anyone might have.

I'm 21, majoring in biological anthropology (specializing in osteology and paleoanthropology) and I hope to enter a PhD program next year. I love my major - I literally study bones all day long and it's fantastic. Definitely a geek - I started reading early, and I never go anywhere without a book. Basically grew up in the library, and I still go there whenever I want to relax. I can be a bit shy when I'm around people I don't know, but I open up quickly around interesting people and after that I'm actually very talkative and open. Some people might even say I trust too easily. I've played various musical instruments all my life - the longest is the oboe for 10 years now. My favorite book is "The Phantom of the Opera" and I'll admit, I'm a sucker for romances even though I tend to play the cynic. Not remotely religious, but still a bit spiritual if that makes any sense - I'm a scientist at heart, and I value logic above all else, but I can still wax poetic about the beauty of the laws of physics and the universe as a whole. I'm actually Jewish, just more culturally so than religiously. A lot of my interests are rather quirky and/or morbid but at the same time I'm told that I'm ridiculously non-confrontational, sweet and I have one friend who legitimately calls me a "kitten." Swear. So I am outgoing, but I value my alone time too - I spend a lot of time in my dorm room, on my laptop. Russian classical music (Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, Rimsky-Korsakov, Borodin), Sherlock Holmes, Criminal Minds, Wuthering Heights, Much Ado About Nothing, fresh raspberries and blackberries, grew up in a college town with professors for parents, can read Egyptian hieroglyphs as well as Latin, Hebrew and French. Wow, I sure come off as contradictory, don't I? It works, though, I promise. I'm really a very happy, optimistic person.

Are we supposed to put appearance as well? 5'4", rather average weight, fairly conservative as far as clothing goes but I prefer to go for a cute dress instead of jeans and a t-shirt. Long brown hair, brown eyes (that almost look Asian, we think somewhere back in my family there's someone with Mongolian ancestry), ridiculously pale skin. I'm sure this is all way too much information, but like I said above - talkative!

I could really picture you smelling like Story Time at Dark Delicacies (available at darkdel.com): "Heavy oak shelving, cracked leather bindings, incense-soaked parchment, ancient inks, baneful aromatic herbs, and crumbs of spilled sugar-glazed lemon butter cookies that have been accidentally dragged from the kiddie section of the store."

Dee is my favorite for a bookish scent in the GC lineup: "His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods."

Maybe Jazz Funeral (for the morbid side and the musical side, and the floral gives it a romantic edge, I find): "Bittersweet bay rum, bourbon, and a host of funeral flowers with a touch of graveyard dirt, magnolia and Spanish Moss."

Dragon's Bone (notes: dragon's blood resin with white sandalwood, dusty orris and crisp blondewood) or Bony Moon for a bone scent?

And if you're interested in berry scents, you might want to check out Akuma, Bewitched, Blue Fire, Florence, Glasgow, Hollywood Babylon, The Jersey Devil, Red Tide, and Slippery Poppy Tincture...

Manon, some of the ones I'd recommend based on your description and fondness for Karma:

*Hunger - "Evokes sheer, unadulterated carnal lust. An undeniably warm and sensual scent. Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla."

*Ravenous - "An utterly feral, thoroughly rousing perfume. Red patchouli sweetened by orange blossom."

*Vixen - "Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreaker's perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli."

(and for more Karma-like orange-y scents, you might want to check out Polynesian Pop, Tweedledee, Meliai, & Jabberwocky)

I like to recommend Voodoo as a sexy dance scent, and it could almost be in the same family as something like Karma (and I'm biased, as its one of my favorites, lol):

*Voodoo - "A midnight scent, evoking images of flickering golden firelight reflecting off the sheen of glistening skin and the jerking shadows of bodies suffused with spiritual ecstasy. A deep, powerful, resonant blend of myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, lime, vanilla, pine, almond and clove."

Also, I really like your artwork <3

Thank you so much Little Bird!!

I've tried voodoo before i think in an imp and i remember it being very strong - i think myrrhy smell? or at least it was too strong for me. I'm liking the sound of persephone, but won't know till I try. I want to order a bunch of imps to try to find a new smell.

Reading ravenous and hunger makes me think YES!!! really lovely.

Glad you like the art!

I'll join the game, because I'm awfully curious...

I'm the sort of person people seem to either adore, or really hate...

Having grown in a rather eccentric family, I've always been figerpointed at...

I've been educated that my country and my people are the best in the world, and despite trying to be open-minded, I'm rather nationalistic, and somewhat prideful...

Despite the appearances of a person who doesn't care about anything, that thinks herself better than everyone else...deep inside I'm very insecure, very lonely and totally paranoid.

I'm a very loving person, once someone has won me over (which is actually rather easy, for those who don't get frightened by my hauty exterior), I'm a very attentive friend.

I fall in love almost as easily, and rather deeply... and often are depressed for months, after a brake-up.

I have a very active libido, which always seems to surprise my partners, but in a good way...

I love beauty, and consider myself to be a hedonist... but I'm not superficial, and most of the men I've dated weren't "handsome" in the conventional sense of the word.

I have a rather dark sense of humor, even if I love me some stupid jokes and geekery...

Rather superstitious, I believe in my own sort of pantheon of Gods and mythical creatures...

I tend to be very aggressive, when angry, though I never ever brake things, usually preferring a confrontation with the person that annoys me.

So yeah, I do get into fights with my friends and boyfriends... I just ignore strangers, since, I really don't care about the people I don't know.

I have a very strong moral code though, so, if I see a person in trouble, specially a woman or a child, I'll try to help them, even if I'm not really able to do so, due to my small frame.

For an example, I've already protected a young girl at a party I really didn't know before, from a bunch of drunk jerks who tried to rape her, she was drunk and never said thanks, but I really didn't care... I just couldn't let them do it.

I love all sorts of old music, specially musical types, rock'n'roll, classical and opera...

I'm rather depressive in the Baudelaire sens of the word... love me some Wilde too...

I guess that's it...

I'm a brunette, with blue eyes, an antic greek body and very full lips...

And I have a rather geeky type of dressing code...

There...)

Wow, lots of people get skipped over in this thread, I didn't realize that when I posted :(

It seems like a lot more people post looking for recs than they do recommending things, so it's easy to lose posts as

people add more to the mix without responding to anyone. You could try recommending some things to people :). Or, if you are worried about potentially being skipped over, this is what jumps out at me when I read your previous post:

Versailles: "Grand, courtly and robust: a glittering, golden scent that would do Louis XIV proud. Gilded red and gold citrus with amber, ruby roses, jasmine and orris." Because it's a scent that always reminds me of rubies and it has the old city/history thing going for it. Perhaps also -

Florence: "The pearl of the Italian Renaissance. Elegant iris, bright berries, gilded amber and velvety spices." For the same reasons as Versailles, though I get less of the bright red ruby feel from it.

Roses, Pearls, and Diamonds is another scent that comes to mind, only for the ruby slippers aspect.

And there's the whole Illyria section for Shakespeare inspired scents, though I'm not sure which would jump out at me. Maybe one of the more spring-y scents with watery florals?

Apparently I was very woozy from my cold when I posted earlier, I didn't mean that to be snarky and it totally came across that way!!

Thank you for the recommendations Little Bird, I appreciate them :) (Though I wasn't digging for them when I posted, I had been looking back and noticed quite a few posts even before mine that had been missed or overlooked, and I felt bad for them, that's all).

It would be nice if more of the experienced BPAL'ers would chime in with recommendations so that it didn't all stand on the shoulders of a few in this thread. Once I get more familiar with more scents, I'd LOVE to start making recs' too, I'm too new right now to even know where to begin ;)

Edited by Tiada

Apparently I was very woozy from my cold when I posted earlier, I didn't mean that to be snarky and it totally came across that way!!

Thank you for the recommendations Little Bird, I appreciate them :) (Though I wasn't digging for them when I posted, I had been looking back and noticed quite a few posts even before mine that had been missed or overlooked, and I felt bad for them, that's all).

It would be nice if more of the experienced BPAL'ers would chime in with recommendations so that it didn't all stand on the shoulders of a few in this thread. Once I get more familiar with more scents, I'd LOVE to start making recs' too, I'm too new right now to even know where to begin ;)

This was my problem too. I was looking for recommendations, but have not sniffed nearly enough BPAL to give out recommendations. Even the ones I have sniffed are pretty much in one scent family, so I didn't think I could be of much help. :blush:

I don't know if it would appeal to you, but the first oil I thought of was Fox Fires on New Years Eve at the Garment Nettle Tree...Salon.

The second that came to mind was Calaveras. :)

I haven't gotten ahold of a decant of Fox Fires yet, but I got a decant of Calaveras in my vday package and WOW!!! I :wub2: this scent, and must have more!!! It's really me...all aspects of it. Thanks so much for recommending it!

This thread is a great idea! Where to start?...

I suppose you'd say I had a certain detachment about me in my younger years, but I tried my best to hide it. I knew what I wanted from life, which was to see it all. Go to the places I had dreamed of. It didn't matter if anyone else was involved, or if I was to achieve it alone.

I worked as a floral designer, then a librarian. I began college but ended up leaving soon after to volunteer as an English teacher in Ukraine. It was a pivotal time for me, being away from home, on my own in a cold, strange place. I'll be the first to admit, my life has overall been an easy one. This experience was utterly foreign to me, whose soul had up until then been protected by my own withdrawn state or by actions by others for my welfare, which I honestly didn't deserve. It was a hard time, but a good one. Adjusting to life when I came home was brutal - I felt very out of place among my old friends, just stagnant and unhappy. I was rescued by falling in love with my best friend, almost at the last possible moment.

I'd consider myself to be quite religious. It tends to show more by my everyday actions than by me informing people of the fact, unless they inquire directly. I am married to my aforementioned best friend & we have a darling baby girl. I consider motherhood to be a divine role, & I am so grateful that even on my worst days I am able to see so clearly that I mean something very important to at least one tiny being.

A few random traits of mine:

I was a tomboy as a kid, but getting older I have gained a real appreciation for my femininity, and I feel fulfilled when I am able to embrace it.

I love old-fashioned things, & old-fashioned ways, sincerely.

I love reading, writing & words in all forms.

In a group conversation, most people would say I am the quiet one but I feel as if I get more out of the exchange when I am observant & participating by listening. But I have my talkative moments as well.

I am an optimist. My blackest days are only gray.

ETA: Still haven't tried the blends recommended, I really should get on that! ^_^

Edited by braybrigade

This thread is a great idea! Where to start?.. I am the oldest child of four.

<respectfully snipped>

I am an optimist. My blackest days are only gray.

I just wrote a big reply to this and somehow my browser ate it. Gah! :thud: I shall attempt to reconstruct! :)

I went on a scent journey as I read this, feeling like the feelings I get from certain scents were coming to me as I followed along.

For younger days of being aloof - The Brides of Dracula. This scent evokes a feminine beauty that isn't too emotionally involved, to me. I feel like it's good for days when one might need to shield a softer side.

For being religious - Kind of a no-brainer in regard to names, but they really do have that feel to me of church-based reverence. Cathedral and Hymn.

For being kind and mothering a darling baby girl - maybe also a little obvious, but Lilith Victoria. It's so soft and sweet and comforting. Haloes is along the same lines, and might also suit a religiousness that keeps with the sweet and kind bit too.

For old-fashioned things and intellectualism - Heavenly Love and Earthly Love. The name might seem counterintuitive, but it's a soft wood that still manages to be feminine. If you like coffee more than wood, you might try the ever-popular Miskatonic University. :)

I tried to read through the posts I've missed since I looked here last (a few months ago) and I also sort of lost track of who actually got recommendations and who didn't. I'm not nearly as well-versed in scents as some people, but I do know more about scents than I did when I myself originally posted last year, and I actually enjoy trying to figure people out and match them up. :smilenod:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share some recs... I have only tried a few of BPAL's scents but I am already addicted! Your suggestions sound wonderful :)

I'll join the game, because I'm awfully curious...

I'm the sort of person people seem to either adore, or really hate...

Having grown in a rather eccentric family, I've always been figerpointed at...

I've been educated that my country and my people are the best in the world, and despite trying to be open-minded, I'm rather nationalistic, and somewhat prideful...

Despite the appearances of a person who doesn't care about anything, that thinks herself better than everyone else...deep inside I'm very insecure, very lonely and totally paranoid.

I'm a very loving person, once someone has won me over (which is actually rather easy, for those who don't get frightened by my hauty exterior), I'm a very attentive friend.

I fall in love almost as easily, and rather deeply... and often are depressed for months, after a brake-up.

I have a very active libido, which always seems to surprise my partners, but in a good way...

I love beauty, and consider myself to be a hedonist... but I'm not superficial, and most of the men I've dated weren't "handsome" in the conventional sense of the word.

I have a rather dark sense of humor, even if I love me some stupid jokes and geekery...

Rather superstitious, I believe in my own sort of pantheon of Gods and mythical creatures...

I tend to be very aggressive, when angry, though I never ever brake things, usually preferring a confrontation with the person that annoys me.

So yeah, I do get into fights with my friends and boyfriends... I just ignore strangers, since, I really don't care about the people I don't know.

I have a very strong moral code though, so, if I see a person in trouble, specially a woman or a child, I'll try to help them, even if I'm not really able to do so, due to my small frame.

For an example, I've already protected a young girl at a party I really didn't know before, from a bunch of drunk jerks who tried to rape her, she was drunk and never said thanks, but I really didn't care... I just couldn't let them do it.

I love all sorts of old music, specially musical types, rock'n'roll, classical and opera...

I'm rather depressive in the Baudelaire sens of the word... love me some Wilde too...

I guess that's it...

I'm a brunette, with blue eyes, an antic greek body and very full lips...

And I have a rather geeky type of dressing code...

There...)

Jupita - you sound rather like me in many ways. I have found that I like Morgause for the strong, independent, fiery woman side; Lyonesse for everyday fabulousness, and O the best to date. Try the ambers and honey vanillas and see if that works for you. :)

I have not yet bought anything from BPAL, but I plan to when I gain more money. I plan on buying Imp Ears first

let's see... From what I have read, I am younger than most on here... I'm barely graduating high school but have a maturity level beyond this age. I think and imagine a lot, I love escaping due to the mind having endless possibilities. I guess we could say I'm a dreamer. I only believe in having genuine relationships with others, I only become friends with someone if I feel a vibe with that person, if I do not feel a vibe, I will not bother to know that person and blow them off. So, I only bother making friends if I feel they will be in my life for a long time (that's why i don't have facebook! :P). Understanding that I am a teenager soon to enter the adult world, I know I am currently changing and will change (I am openning my mind more). So far, I love psychology, philosophy, and art (I draw, and plan on painting later). I have the abilities of being a makeup artist and tattoo artist. My personality is not very still, I can be very sweet to being the coldest b**ch. I love putting smiles on the faces of my loved ones. I love all types of movies, from dramas to animated Disney films. Music? I am all about Heavy Metal, Gothic/Industrial, and movie/video game scores (Hans Zimmer, God of War, Killzone). I am also fond of Greek and Norse Mythology. My clothing depends on whether I have time or not; at school, It's the regular cut up band shirt with jeans and sneakers; weekends, my goth clothes come out. That shows that I am high maintenance, but only when I find the time to be. When it comes to scents, I love sensual, sexy, and fruity scents (pomegranate, lemon). So far I own Kat Von D perfume, BathBodyWorks' Peppermint scent collection, Victoria's Secret Amber Romance collection, just to give examples of what I like for sure. After finding BPAL though, I would really love to try scents of wrath, hate, savage, anything that gives off a sense of hatred.

I want to know, what is the most ravaging BPAL scent you have smelled so far? The sexiest?

BPAL has opened me up to trying more scents, it has shown me that it much more than just "smelling good," it is about how the sense of smell can be so powerful. Now that I think about it, I'm a pretty passionate person since I am both extremes. :P anyone wanna help? I also would not mind a scent that gives off both extremes in one :]

Edited by necromorph

I love the idea of this thread. Since I'm still new at this whole perfumery business, maybe this'll help me pick stuff out!

I'm 20 years old and study horticulture and arboriculture, as well as landscaping. I'm a total nature freak, but in a bit of a twist I'm afraid of most animals - pretty much everything except insects, rodents, crustaceans, reptiles, and flying creatures of all types. I'm also afraid of loud noises, which is probably related. Or not. I don't really know.

Anyway, on the whole I'm pretty shy - I try to be a "behind the scenes" kind of person, although I tend to get dragged into the public. I'm really submissive so I get suckered into things like theater groups and clubs. People call me a workaholic but I consider myself to be really lazy. It's true, though, that I tend to try to keep myself busy constantly. Otherwise I get bored and doze off. Among my roommates, I'm known for a few things: falling asleep at weird times/in the middle of doing stuff, being crazy-prepared or anything and everything, taking very long walks, having a tea-based remedy for anything you could possibly imagine, owning a bunch of poisonous plants, and spouting obscenities the few times I actually do talk. Despite that last thing, I'm known for being very gentle and meticulous. Often during my walks I'll pick up interesting bugs that I see and watch them hang out on my hand for a while.

As a friend once put it, I'm "the least sexual person on the planet." I have absolutely 0 interest in sex and romance. Sometimes this makes me feel defective, but lately I've been coming to terms with the fact that I'd rather spend my time among trees and flowers than with some kind of lover. I consider it my goal in life to constantly surround myself and others with perfect, beautiful things.

Like I said up top, I've only just started doing some soul searching for "me" scents and would appreciate all the help I can get.

I love the idea of this thread. Since I'm still new at this whole perfumery business, maybe this'll help me pick stuff out!

I'm 20 years old and study horticulture and arboriculture, as well as landscaping. I'm a total nature freak, but in a bit of a twist I'm afraid of most animals - pretty much everything except insects, rodents, crustaceans, reptiles, and flying creatures of all types. I'm also afraid of loud noises, which is probably related. Or not. I don't really know.

Anyway, on the whole I'm pretty shy - I try to be a "behind the scenes" kind of person, although I tend to get dragged into the public. I'm really submissive so I get suckered into things like theater groups and clubs. People call me a workaholic but I consider myself to be really lazy. It's true, though, that I tend to try to keep myself busy constantly. Otherwise I get bored and doze off. Among my roommates, I'm known for a few things: falling asleep at weird times/in the middle of doing stuff, being crazy-prepared or anything and everything, taking very long walks, having a tea-based remedy for anything you could possibly imagine, owning a bunch of poisonous plants, and spouting obscenities the few times I actually do talk. Despite that last thing, I'm known for being very gentle and meticulous. Often during my walks I'll pick up interesting bugs that I see and watch them hang out on my hand for a while.

As a friend once put it, I'm "the least sexual person on the planet." I have absolutely 0 interest in sex and romance. Sometimes this makes me feel defective, but lately I've been coming to terms with the fact that I'd rather spend my time among trees and flowers than with some kind of lover. I consider it my goal in life to constantly surround myself and others with perfect, beautiful things.

Like I said up top, I've only just started doing some soul searching for "me" scents and would appreciate all the help I can get.

The first one that came to mind was The Little Sparrow - a good scent for shy, gentle creature who belongs in nature but fears bigger animals. Mouse's Long and Sad Tale could be good too - gentle and warm. TKO for the doziness, it's such a snuggly scent! It seems like you also really appreciate the spiritual aspects of nature, and that brought Kathmandu to mind - to me, it smells like ancient trees, mountain air and temple incense, a fitting scent for worshipping nature's majesty. For the horticulturalist in you, Titania is a lovely garden scent - it's like being surrounded by night-blooming flowers on a warm evening.

Of course, I have no idea of your preferred notes - these are just the ones that came to mind from your description!