Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
angelicruin

Det. Patrick Gleason

DET. PATRICK GLEASON
A classic men’s cologne splashed over a leather trenchcoat and a hint of gunshot residue.

Just skin tested at C2. My notes describe this blend as bitter, Leather, Metallic, & Gunpowder.

I'm not usually big on cologne type scents. I'm very particular about the kinds I like. And while in the imp it's more standard cologne than anything else, it sweetens on the skin really nicely.

Wet: Gunpowder and cologne, as advertised. Not nearly enough leather as I'd like, but them's the breaks.

Dry: As it dries, it sweetens up. The gunpowder becomes a backdrop, the cologne comes to the fore, and a little sweet leather peeks in. It's much more subtle than I'd expect for such a masculine scent. I wish my skin didn't suck it up so much, since it fades quickly.

Overall--good masculine scent, but nothing earth-shattering. Better than the average BPAL cologne scent, but a little too faded. 3/5.

In bottle: As promised. Lots of leather, with cologne and a hint of gun powder. Wet: softens a touch on the skin. The leather backs down enough to let more cologne through. It’s a pleasant masculine scent, but there’s not much to distinguish it from many other similar men’s leather/cologne combination scents already in the catalog. Dry: vaguely leathery aftershave.

I love, love, love this in the wet stage. Once it dries the sweeter elements of the blend die down and it becomes more masculine. The leather in this scent is quite good and I'm not getting any gun shot residue.

I typically don't go for masculine blends, but I like this one. I think I'll keep the imp.

When I first applied this, I got a whiff of the sweet men's cologne and liked it a lot. But then I sniffed closer and got the "oh crap" feeling in the pit of my stomach. My skin doesn't like metal notes, but I do like scents that are unisex or classically masculine, so it was a bit of a toss-up for me on this one. When I sniff deeply, I get almost mentholated metal, along with a hint of the leather (which I love) and the cologne (which I like). It's strange. Dry, I get more leather and more metal. It's...it's actually okay so far, but I don't know if I like it. The metal note is very strong, but it hasn't turned into hair dye on me yet, so there is that.

Pretty good throw, so slathering isn't really necessary. I just let me co-worker sniff, and she says it's the least favorite of all of the scents she's ever smelled on me (which, to be fair, is no more than 10 total). She didn't like the metal note. I might have to try this again sometime, but otherwise I think I'll pass it on for someone else to try.

Det. Patrick Gleason - This opens up as a limey cologne scent -- very fresh and crisp. As it begins to dry down on my skin, the leather really begins to come out, even though it's a soft leather scent, and there's the faintest hint of gunpowder. It's not remotely the type of scent I'd choose for myself, but it's really nice, definitely masculine, and would smell great on a guy.

Decant: Man! astringent-y but not too sharp

Wet on Me: more man now. Waiting for the leather

Drying Down: Not getting the leather yet for this. I love leather notes and Beth does them so wonderfully. Stil getting a man scent. Which I'm not minding.

Dry: The leather never came out to play for me :(

I'm crazy about leather scents, but I don't get any leather from this :(. This is pretty much all generic men's cologne on me... like cool metallic, slightly soapy ozone, and sweet, smooth citrus. The drydown is pretty soapy on my skin (though this doesn't go nearly as soapy on my husband).

All in all, not enough leather for me, and not unique enough for me to want it for those days when I reach for a classic men's cologne smell.

A definite man's soap to start. Then the leather shows up, and it's quite wonderful.

It starts off as men's soap and leather - fairly ruggedly masculine. As it dries both of them calm down a bit, and I get that gunpowder note which makes this blend much more interesting. It's less overwhelmingly masculine as it dries, and its more comforting. Sort of like hugging your guy and realizing that he's a GUY and while he's here hugging you, he'll also gladly bash some heads for you.

Wet, cologne with glorious leather. Dry, the cologne gradually fades, and we're left with a smoky leather, not as nice a leather when wet, but still there. If you like subdued smoke and leather, you may like this one. I very rarely like smoke in any blend, so this is not for me.

Well, the leather and cologne I think are faintly in the background, but they're really just support for a smoky gunpowder scent! It's very interesting, and something makes me think of sunscreen...zinc? titanium oxide?...not bad, but not the smoky leather goodness I'd hoped it would be. mild throw.