Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
reena1

Looking for scents that smell like hugs

My first big purchase from the wonderful people at bpal was the scent Bastet. When i first smelled it i couldnt believe how warm and inviting it was. It smelled safe and nice...like a good hug. That got me thinking, what other scents smell like hugs? Or kisses Or just really give you big emotions? I know everyone is diffrent so i guess im more curious than anything :D

For me: Dorian, TKO, Sudha Segara, The Malignant Dreams of Chthulhu in Love (of all things!), Crib Girls (specifically, it smells like hot lemon tea that's so comforting when I'm sick), and Eos.

I get that warm, comforting feel from a lot of amber & spice scents as well. And I find vanilla & resin notes to be really soft and comforting. Most of my comfort scents have a combination of some of those notes.

Dreadful Lies is my major comfort scent lately, and it goes all golden, warm, vanilla-y amber on me. The Lion has a similar feel for me. I also like Inez, Mouse's Long & Sad Tale, MB: Underpants, Dorian, and Tamora for my 'I need a hug' moments...

Oooh! ive been meaning to try a bunch of those. I just ordered an imp of The Lion the other day so im waiting on that one right now. Also I was curious about Morocco, Alice, and Dorian so i guess they go on my imp test list too. lol Thats pretty much amazing that chuthulu in love smell like hugs. I wouldn't have guessed.

Btw: where would i find any of the monster bait collection. ive tried ebay but so far no good. or they want like 40 bucks for it lol :eek:

Oooh! ive been meaning to try a bunch of those. I just ordered an imp of The Lion the other day so im waiting on that one right now. Also I was curious about Morocco, Alice, and Dorian so i guess they go on my imp test list too. lol Thats pretty much amazing that chuthulu in love smell like hugs. I wouldn't have guessed.

Btw: where would i find any of the monster bait collection. ive tried ebay but so far no good. or they want like 40 bucks for it lol :eek:

Just keep watching the sales thread or you can check out the LJ comms. They are considered to be somewhat "rare" bottles, so most users usualy just want to swap them here. On LJ, you'll see high prices just like eBAY...

Dana O'Shee is the imp that goes in my pocket on 'I know people are going to give me a headache at work' days. The sweet almond milk and honey smell I get from it is just very comforting.

Sudha Segara is on my next to-buy list for the same reason. I figure anything that's basically Dana O'Shee plus ginger (that's the vibe I get from the description) has to be all win.

If I don't beat you to it, try and find some The Piper at the Gates of Dawn. Not quite a hug to me, but more like a wrapped up cozy and snuggling scent. (Um, but like I said, you'd have to find it before I do, otherwise I'm going to buy it.)

I find El Dia de los Reyes to be very hug-like during a certain time of month. I think it's the chocolate. <_<

I'm going to have to say Inez. Usually myrrh is too strong in a blend for me, and takes over - but here I get musky vanilla and amber and powdery love. I know when I say powder that many will automatically turn away - but its lovely and comforting. It might become my bad day goto.

Fairly HTF, but Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms is this for me. For a GC, I recommend Shadwell. It may not sound like it from the description, but I find it extremely comforting/snuggly.

My DH travels ALOT, and when I feel like I need a hug I wear BROWN JENKINS. I wear It to bed and cuddle my dog, till she gets disgusted and moves away!

It sounds like everyone has very personal comfort scents :) But the overall tendency seems to go towards scents with honey, amber, vanilla, milk/cream and musk.

Mine are Mr. Ibis and Dragon's Milk and maybe also The Lurid Library. Mr. Ibis helps me when I feel anxious and panicky. Anything that is a little sweet, soft and musky and sort of "enveloping" falls into that category for me. Does that make sense?

It sounds like everyone has very personal comfort scents :) But the overall tendency seems to go towards scents with honey, amber, vanilla, milk/cream and musk.

Mine are Mr. Ibis and Dragon's Milk and maybe also The Lurid Library. Mr. Ibis helps me when I feel anxious and panicky. Anything that is a little sweet, soft and musky and sort of "enveloping" falls into that category for me. Does that make sense?

Yes!! that totally makes sense! I think that what i look for in a comforting scent too. Something that really surrounds me. foody is good for me too...considering i tend to be an emotional eater....id much rather smell like something warm and yummy...than to eat an entire Krispy Kreme out of business :eek:

I'll second Mouse's Long And Sad Tale. It's creamy without being milky, floral without being soapy, warm without being foody. It's completely comforting. I would add Liz to the "like a hug" list, but it's specific motherly hug. Coral Snake is also warm and comforting, slightly spicy without being risque. These three are the most comforting scents in my collection.

I saw the thread title and went "Ooo, she has to try Bastet!" But it seems you've beat me to it. ;) I also like Wings of Azrael, which I find very quiet and comforting.

Miskatonic University is a great "I need a hug" smell to me. So is Cake Smash, though if I'm feeling too down I won't put on any perfume.

Bengal and O are hug-like smells to me (though O might be a fairly naked hug, I do feel hugged when I wear it!)

I realize this probably makes little to no sense. :lol:

Miskatonic University is a great "I need a hug" smell to me. So is Cake Smash, though if I'm feeling too down I won't put on any perfume.

Bengal and O are hug-like smells to me (though O might be a fairly naked hug, I do feel hugged when I wear it!)

I realize this probably makes little to no sense. :lol:

hahaha no it does! =P and i havent smelled cake smash. i wasnt apart of the forums then. sad face. its on my to try list though!

Sign in to follow this