Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Tangerine, cypress, and white musk.

Thoos starts out with a fanfare of juicy sweet tangerine that slowly mellows into a creamy musky tangerine, a slow tango over a cedar floor. The combination is stealthily sexy; virile tangerine and lustful musk at a slow boil for now - fireworks later!

This is another one of those weird oils where I love the scent, but it seems to make me strangely lightheaded and dizzy. I'm not sure whether it's the tangerine or musk, though (I'm not sure I'm getting any cypress, so I'm disregarding that as the potential culprit). I had this on my potential bottle list, but this dizzy thing is making me rethink that. I'm really sad about that because it's really a nice scent, but I'm clumsy enough as it is. I don't need my perfume making me loopy, too!

This is so light and lovely, without being overtly feminine. Just a wonderful, fresh/fruity springtime scent - refreshing and joyful. So glad I have a bottle on the way - now I just need to decide whether 1 bottle's enough or if I should throw in another order in the next couple of days...

To me, this is so close to Fae- but instead of Peach, tangerine. Definitely white musk & tangerine predominantly. White musk always feels like fuzzy warm summer days that are hot enough to make me sleepy, rather than uncomfortable. So that vibe...

This is a very pretty and smooth tangerine. I was actually expecting more of a citrus blast so I'm really surprised by this one but in a good way. It reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it.....anyway, this will be an excellent scent for when it's warmer outside :smile:

what a soft lovely scent! at first it's a sweet tangerine, with the cypress and musk barely hinted at in the background. after it dries it turns to pure white musk and cypress on me. i am not too familiar with cypress as a note, but it seems to work in this on me. and i love white musk, so i find this quite nice. it's subtle, fresh and i think it's a good spring/summer scent. i kind of wish the tangerine lasted longer on me, though.

At first sniff, Thoos is wham! Sharp tangerine in the face. But, as it dries, it mellows into a bright citrus with sultry musky undertones. I think this is going to get a lot of play during the hot summer months.

At first sniff, that tangerine just jumps out with cypress deepening the scent.

It's later that the musk comes out, mellowing the whole thing. Not as strong as I feared since citrus tends to carry a lot, but it almost faded too much. I think I would actually love to scent my pillow with this one as it might not last long enough while wearing it.

I like this, but I don't love it. When wet, this was strong tangerine and cypress. It was very tart and bright, but sexied up by the cypress.

As it dried the tangerine mostly faded and the cypress was pretty much gone( NOES!) This is predominantly white musk after about 30 minutes, and still faintly the next morning: lightly sweet, and slightly powdery, mellow musk.

If the wet and dry versions of this would blend, and all of the notes stayed around this would be amazing. Alas!!

Tangerine...fresh, ripe tangerine, that smell that rises up when your fingers break through the skin to peel it back. It lingers on top for several minutes before gradually settling back and letting a gorgeous cypress shine through, softened and mellowed by white musk, before all three notes blend in perfect harmony. This is like a scent holiday in the Mediterranean sunshine, absolutely beautiful and uplifting in a way that makes your toes curl in contentment. I knew it would smell great, but it exceeded all my expectations - it's fantastic!

:::THOOS:::

From the Bottle this is alot Sweeter than anticipated. An almost crystalline dulcence resulting from the comingling of the Tangerine and White musk. The imagery slapped upside the noggin is what it must be like to be perched on a shady evergreen bough, enjoying a creamsicle, and having a laugh over watching some neighborhood kid preparing to do themself a mischief. Crazy from the heat...

Between the Cypress and the essentials of the Tangerine zest, something alot sharper; alot more high-pitched, was predicted. Thoos is actually very pretty and feminine at this phase.

On the Skin: Holy Cosmic Amp!

A single drop was fearfully applied followed by an almost immediate ability to taste it.

The Tangerine and Musk makes the impression of a creamsicle of stalagmite proportions... Something you could climb and eat at the same time.

After some wear, the Musk recedes and the Cypress gradually comes out to play; there is a sense of Cypress wood as well as leaves and cone-thingies...

The drydown is surprisingly clean. Tangerine helps Cypress creates a bright, dry, and polished glow. Thoos is very clean and... Health smelling. Thoos, at this phase, seems like a cross between a citrusy, barber-shop cologne and an alpine apothecary.

Thoos could very well work as a unisex fragrance. With this particular body chemistry, though, it seems much more masculine overall.

The Wife: "It smells like orange GOJO!"...

A resounding 4.75 for Thoos.

Very pretty - a little tart but mostly it faded to nothing in a very short time. Ah well :)

This is a ton of white musk infused with tangerine and just a little bit of green from the cypress. I like the citrus and musk combo, but not as much as I do in La Joconde, which has more citrus going on with the white musk. And the white musk in this just gets stronger and more musky over time. So I couldn't see myself reaching for this over that one. 

But it was really nice to get to try this. I'll either put it up for swap or use it to scent laundry on a wool dryer ball... but I haven't decided yet. 😅