Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bLissKite

fizzy, sorta carbonated, sparkling blends?

One that hasn't been mentioned (and isn't "fizzy" to me so much as it "sparkles") is Fae. The first time I smelled it, the word *sparkling* popped into my head. Plus, it's just a very pretty fruit blend. :wub2:

Villain was fizzy on me; anyone else have that happen? It was one of my first imps, so I tried it a whole bunch of times trying to figure out why I smelled like a fizzy drink...

And ozone scents that work properly with my skin don't smell fizzy on me, either - they smell more like pure, smooth, electric air, where something has either just happened or is just about to happen. I wish I could describe it better! (They also don't usually develop the true ozone quality for at least 5-10 minutes on my skin; at first, then tend to smell citrussy or aquatic rather than actually like ozone).

Delirium of Bewitching brews is lovely sparkling fruit, I used to wear it alot until I found Diary of a Teenage Cannibal which is also fizzy but is a LE.

Y'HA-NTHLEI is way fizzy, at least to my nose. It's like drinking an ice-cold Seven-Up at the beach!! :lol:

i'm adding FAUNALIA here, since it kinda fizzes on me; i find this scent totally intriguing.

and thanks, everyone, for keeping the recs coming... :>)

A lot of the Luau Lounge, or Tiki Bar scents, were fizzy (especially, to my nose, Te Po, Blue Fire and Golden Wave.) They were LE, but you may be able to find some in swaps. More recently, the summer LE Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel had a very fizzy quality too. Last Yule's LE The Magi was also very effervescent.

Among GCs, I would particularly recommend The Hamptons as a superfizzy perfume.

I second The Magi. My first impression was of Sprite or 7-Up bubbling up to my nose.

I love fizzy/sparkling blends. LOVE. Below are those I found to have that quality perceptibly.

GC:

Akuma

All in the Golden Afternoon

Bon Vivant

Czernobog

Eau de Ghoul (Graveyard Book)

The Great Sword of War

Kuang-Shi

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat

Snake Oil (when aged 1 year+, it's like sparkling cola on me)

LE:

Android v2

Aqua Vitae v2

Blue Fire

any of the 2008 NYE Champagne scents, obv

Delousing Powder

Glitter

Golden Wave

Hamadryad (discontinued GC)

Independent

King of Clubs

King of Diamonds

La Vita Nuova

Lovers with Rutting Cats

Love's Philosophy

Marianne (discontinued CD I think)

Mead Moon

Men Ringing Bells with Penises

Opuhi

Orange Phoenix

Phosphorous v5

Playing with a Loaded Gun

PW7

Rangoon Riptide

Sea of Tranquility

Spiked Punch

Spinning Metallic Mulitcolor Pinwheel

Te Po

Val San Retour

Vampire Tears

Vishpala

Pretty much any of the ones with ginger in them are 'ginger ale-ish', fyi. Others are like cream soda, or seltzer, or tonic, or sprite, or cola.

On my skin, the fizziest BPAL ever is Joulumuori, hands down - it starts off quite foody and rich, but after complete drydown, all that's left behind is fizzy lemon mead.

Hollywood Babylon (a favorite of mine) seems fizzy to me, oh and definitely I second (or third if it was mentioned again) Bon Vivant.

Wanted to add that Peach Moon was very fizzy on me.

Edited by silver_springs

On my skin, the fizziest BPAL ever is Joulumuori, hands down - it starts off quite foody and rich, but after complete drydown, all that's left behind is fizzy lemon mead.

Gee, I don't get that at all. The beauty of skin chemistry, I guess.

I'll second (third? fifth?) Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel and also Candy Phoenix. Also, another fizzy one (but good luck finding it -- I could only get my hands on a teeny bit) is Orange Phoenix. It's very Orange Crush soda.

I would also say that the Champagnes from last year were all fizzy/ginger ales on my skin vs. Alcoholic Champagnes. :eek: These definitely had fizz to them. Also, Spinning Multicolored pinwheel, orange phoenix were also fizzy and carbonated like.

Enthusiastically thirding the Hamptons, which was like ginger ale or seven-up to me. Tentatively seconding Fae, which wasn't as fizzy, but I bet on the right skin type that comes out more. It was still somewhat sparkling on me.

Shattered is fizzy on me; it's "white champagne notes, grapefruit, lotus, slivered mint and crystalline aquatic blooms."

It's like grapefruit and cold fizz!

One that hasn't been mentioned (and isn't "fizzy" to me so much as it "sparkles") is Fae. The first time I smelled it, the word *sparkling* popped into my head. Plus, it's just a very pretty fruit blend. :wub2:

I have to 2nd this-it's what I came over to say! :lol:

I find mimosa, as a note, to add a certain root-beer-like fizziness to things. That's certainly true in Masabakes.

... of course, the Lab's mimosa supplier seems to have crapped out, but some of the blends are still easy to find.

As a member of the Fizzy Scents Fan Club, I've got another super-fizzy blend that should also be mentioned; Geek.Goth. Oh, and Bathtub Gin. Both of these are event exclusives, so it can be a challenge to get your hands on some, but they're great bubbly/carbonated/effervescent blends!

Also worth adding are the '10 Champagne scents (Champagne and Absinthe, Champagne and Opium, Champagne and Party Hats, Pink Champagne, and Sparking Apple Cider)

Edited by haley

I definitely second the Polynesian Pop recommendation. It really does smell like gingerale. Right down to the bubbles. It's a happy scent, although it's not really my style.