Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Red and sticky! From a genuine Old Salem recipe!

In the decant: BOOZE. Sweet, fruity booze, but very decidedly BOOZE.

On skin, wet: Still pretty boozy, but sweeter.

On skin, dry: Still a very fruity, very sweet sort of boozy scent.

After an hour: The booziness has mostly gone, leaving just a hint. Like cherry cordials, almost--very sweet and candy-like with just a touch of alcohol. Nice, but not really a must-buy for me. Edited by lohengrin

2012 version:

The previous review scared me with the BOOZE, since I have extreme sensitivity to boozy scents (I can't stand them). But...I don't get booze from this, I get red, slightly tangy, fruit, which is just what I wanted. Not cherry, either...though I'm not sure exactly what fruit it is... As it dries, the tanginess dies down a lot, and I'm left with something like sweet cranberry that I really like. Chris says he gets a faint hint of something that might be lavender(??) but that the fruit keeps it from hitting you over the head with the floral. (Sure, ok - his nose is broken... :lol: )

2012 version

This one smells more like red currant and booze. So in essence, this smells like red wine/merlot to me, except fruitier and sweeter.

Red, fruity, wine.

OMG. Wine Gums. Do want. :thud:

ETA: 2012 version :lol:

Edited by flyby

Imp: Sweet red fruit with a tiny hint of port.

Wet: Though I know there's the port there and it definitely deepens the scent, I mainly get mixed berry fruity candy. Very red and sweet. Despite the port, I can see my daughter liking this (she's 7) so I may let her try it...

Dry: Sour red candy. I can't decide if I like it or not. I might hang onto my decant but that's it.

Spicy red port jelly. Becomes a bit waxy, but is pretty juicy and fresh, like a good cherry or strawberry slurpee. Not really getting booze. Wine gums is a good description for this, though it's not winey. The waxiness is off-putting, but otherwise this is yummy, not too sweet.

Om nom nom. This is the first red booze that's worked for me! It's everything I wanted A Game Called Yes and No to be on my skin. Red, fruity and sharp without being sweet with just a tiny bit of spice to it. Oh man I'm going to wear it forever.

In the bottle - Grape jelly.

Wet - Yep, that’s port jelly. Best way to phrase it. It’s red and sticky and gloppy and I kind of wish it existed in real life.

Drydown - It loses a bit of stickiness once it dries, and now it’s grapey, plummy wine. Dried wine.

Verdict - I like this, but I can’t see myself wearing it. Swap.

Mine was the 2009 I believe...

I had hoped for JELLY! But sadly I got all port and it was bitter. Too bad. Swapped away! Cute label though! ;)