Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin, rosewood, red sandalwood, and tea rose.

In the imp: Sandalwood and rose, and a grace note of pumpkin.

Wet: Morphing into lots of rose, with the sandalwood deep in the mix, and a buttery note from the pumpkin somewhere in the middle.

The dry-down: This has become a lovely light tea rose. The red sandalwood note gives it a touch of spice, and the faint pumpkin note grounds it. Not getting any of the rosewood note. The sandalwood reminds me a bit of MB:U, although the sweetness here is of rose and not vanilla. A very light and delicate scent that has some depth to it.

This ends an amazingly pure sweet tea rose on me (I imagine a yellow tea rose here), with some warmth and light butteriness from the pumpkin, and a hint of spicy wood from the sandalwood and rosewood. AMAZING. If you are a rose-nutter (I am!), please consider this gorgeous blend!

Edited by obsidienne

This really is a Victorian Halloween! :wub2: Don't be scared off by the rose; it isn't a jarring front-and-center or old-lady rose, just a whisper in the background; it's really the red sandalwood (love!) and gorgeous rosewood. It's a sexy, feminine pumpkin that makes me think of those antique Halloween cards with girls in frilly dresses holding grinning Jack-O-Lanterns and "Halloween" still spelled "Hallowe'en". Beautiful and antique without being dated!

Ugh, what an awful surprise. I can honestly say that this is probably my least favorite BPAL scent thus far. It literally made me gag before I even managed to try it on. When I was really little, I heard that my parents had eaten flowers at a fancy restaurant. Being very little and very dumb, I immediately tried to eat the dandelions in my front yard. It was one of the absolute WORST things I'd ever tasted--and this oil smelled exactly like how that tasted. Dandelion sap with a little bit of pumpkin thrown in. YUCK.

...and to make matters worse, I spilled a little of it on my kitchen table. Oh, the scrubbing that ensued.

First BPAL scent!

In the bottle: Smells like over sweet jelly beans and really buttery popcorn at first, but sniffing more I can smell the buttery pumpkin with a bit of tea rose.

Wet: Tea rose and a bit of sandalwood coming out. The jelly-bean-ness is fading.

5 minutes: Still a lovely rose with a the tiniest bit of buttery softness, but the rosewood and sandalwood haven't really come out yet.

Dry: I love it! It is a sweet rose with the other scents hanging out underneath. I can't stop smelling my wrists!

When it's initially applied, there's a warm, slick buttery smell to it. This quickly wears off, as the rose and sandalwood come out and assert themselves. It becomes a beautifully-balanced rose-and-spice/wood/incense sort of scent. Yep, I'm going to totally kick myself for not going ahead and getting a bottle...this is what Rose Cross *should* have been on me. Really, really nice.

I bought this one right away when I saw the notes, because I loooove rose, and I loved the pumpkin notes in Jack. But part of me wondered how they would work together... Fortunately the work together very well! The rose is more of an elegant tea rose, and the pumpkin is so buttery and delicious. The rosewood and red sandalwood are what really makes the scent delectable, as they add the needed warmth to bridge the space between the differences of pumpkin and rose. As it dries down on me, the warm, woody notes are mostly what is left, along with the faintness of rose. This one works really well as a room scent, too. Hell, I wanted to bathe in it! This one is a total hit!

Edited by MissNightshade

I'm a huge rosewood fan, and I love pumpkin too, so this one was kind of a no-brainer for me. I wasn't sure what they'd smell like together, but it turns out that I can't really smell much pumpkin in this at all (maybe a wee smidgen giving it some smoothness) so I didn't have to worry.

I think just adding tea rose to this would have made it too rosy for me, but adding sandalwood as well keeps it balanced. Not too rosy, not too woody. Very nice.

I'm keeping my bottle for sure.

This is a great pumpkin blend to my nose, since the pumpkin note takes a backseat to the rosewood and tea rose. Starts out with buttery pumpkin that quickly morphs into a warm, woody, polished scent with a hint of rose. The rose grows and grows as it sits and eventually it's a lovely rose/wood scent with the buttery pumpkin waaaay in the back to give it extra warmth and depth. Great blend! Keeper :)

In the imp: Butter cookies. Or perhaps sweet buttery pie crust. I might smell tea rose, but I'm uncertain.

Wet: There's the rose and sandalwood! The buttery notes I smelled in the decant have pretty much disappeared. It smells like a completely different scent now.

Drydown: I'm not smelling any pumpkin at all. It's all rose and sandalwood, with a smidgen of butter.

Later: Sweet buttery roses. Very nice!

I've worn this several times since I first reviewed it, and I love it more and more.

Edited by pandorasmuse

Light lemon-yellow oil. Foody, buttery-sweet pumpkin with a strong sensation of warmth (probably red sandalwood) and a hint of something lemony-green, probably the tea rose?

Much rosier - tea rose galore! Lovely fresh, sweet-tart, green rosey note, not unlike my beloved Peacock Queen or more aptly, the GC The Rose. This instantly takes over the buttery pumpkin note, thank god. Still, lots of warmth and a sense of odd richness which clashes with the fresh floral-greenery of the rose.

Not really much morphing other than the rose more firmly taking command- the pumpkin is still staying around in its faded, more tolerable form, and the red sandalwood still provides warmth without making itself distinctly known. I will say that it's starting to meld more - it's less convoluted.

WHY HELLO THERE ROSE. Definitely The Rose's rose note, but it's either stronger here or my chemistry at the moment is amping it unusually. I can detect the red sandalwood more now because it's gone a bit dry and it really reminds me greatly of the RS note in Morocco. Most of the pumpkin is now gone.

It's a nice tea rose blend, but I have many rose blends already that I prefer, and this is just too warm, rich, and slightly foody/pumpkiny for me. Fantastic throw and longevity. Feminine.

Hmmmm....Knave of Hearts with pumpkin! That's what I get from this. It's an interesting mix, mightbe better in the locket than on me.

a very sweet slightly woody rose. i don't get much wood from this blend, but it's not going soapy or overpoweringly rose on my chemistry either. that's a rarity, though this is still definitely a rose blend more than a pumpkin blend. i'll try layering it with either a spice or pumpkin to see if i can pull more pumpkin from it.

Wet: First thing that rushed towards my nose was a butter note. Pumpkin slowly trailing behind it like a bratty brother on the way home from school. I had to do a triple take at the ingredients because I totally didn't believe that it had tea rose or rosewood included. The pumpkin is so lush and pastry like!

Drydown: Finally get the rosewood, sandalwood, and tea rose here. Lovely scent. The pumpkin dried out and moved to the back of the line. Bitter, clean, soothing, pumpkin!

Bummer. Another rose scent that didn't work on me. Sigh... I tend to amp roses BIG time, and this was almost no trace of anything beneath the rose- just crazy insane overwhelming rose. :(

This is beautiful, I love it so much. Rose doesn't always work well for me but in this scent it's very balanced with all the other notes. I love everything about this. The familiar bpal pumpkin note is stronger at first but then it fades a bit and the other notes all come out. There's a hint of lemon which I don't know where is coming from but it is so lovely. I love rosewood and I think it helps balance the rose note. Altogether one of my favorite pumpkin patch scents.