Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Wench457

PPH21

Prototype: no notes list available

This is definitely an odd one. The mini-reviews from Cobwebs mostly found this one to be lavender, but the person I got it from found it to be more citrus and mint. In the bottle, I get a sharp, green, minty, citrussy vibe. I absolutely see where this could be sniffed as lavender, but I really don't think that's quite it.

Wet, I'm pretty sure what seemed to be mint is actually pennyroyal. It's pretty understated for pennyroyal, not so much in your face as it can be, but I really don't think mint is right. Combined with the citrus note, it really does want to smell like lavender - but not quite. I'm also getting the barest hint of cedar now.

Dry - well, I can't really say. This one faded super fast, and was almost completely gone within five minutes, even after a generous slather. All that's left is a very faint cedary note, that is only detectable when I press my nose to my wrist.

Retest after 7 years of aging: I still don't get lavender from this one. It must be my skin chemistry, since everyone else seems to agree it is present. Definitely an herbal, fresh scent. Very little throw, but a pleasant skin scent.

Edited by Wench457

This smells like Bat of Longevity minus peach plus greenery and mint to me. And unlike the first review, this scent sticks around for ages on my skin, although it doesn't have a ton of throw. I think I like the peach in Longevity better than the mint in this, but it's quite nice all the same.

I always have trouble with green/herbal blends. There is definitely mint in this. Lavender also. I guess their might be a citrus note or possibly bergamot in this. I'm betting clary sage also.

I sniffed this at the Trunk Show a loooooong time ago. Just now found my notes...

A very strong lavender.

I concur...this starts off as lavender in the imp, so much so that I thought it was just lavender, but the second it hits my skin this unfolds into something fabulous...girly, sweet but not cloying, floral but not heady. Not my typical type of scent (I prefer scents of a darker nature) but I find myself wishing for a decant of my own to test further. I would love to see some version of this in Somnium

OMG, I am in love! The lavender, mint and bergamot notes in this scent are so beautiful and combine into an almost incensy scent. A strong throw, too. So, so, so glad I have a bottle of this one! :wub2:

I'm getting strong lavender and herbs from this blend. It becomes a little sugary on the dry down, but remains a very pleasant, relaxing scent on me.

I'm smelling lavendar and eucalyptus; this would be perfect for sinus headaches, achiness, that kind of thing...

Very herbal… lavender... sage too, I think. And a woody quality in the background. This is ok. Herbal scents aren't my favorite, but usually I find BPAL's lavender quite harsh, and this isn't really, it's much softer and nicer than usual, and not paired with any floral notes or anything else I can't wear. The woodiness is quite lovely. I might wear something like this as a sleep blend, but it's not something I'd wear as perfume.

This actually continues to soften and sweeten as it dries until the throw is quite lovely indeed. Sniffing up close it's still pretty herbal, but the throw almost has a vanilla tinge to it, and the overall impression is quiet and meditative. I might have to look for a decant of this, I kinda like it, and would wear it for sleep/calm if I had some.

Edited by myth

Lavender fo sho

Lavender...*sniffs*....eucalyptus, something really green, moss?, possibly mint, and musk. Sadly no bergamot.

As everyone else has said, it's a very herbal scent and I love herbal so this is perfect.

Thanks, Andrea! :hug:

This scent is spa-like and kinda medicinal smelling on me (probably thanks to the menthol/eucalyptus smell that I'm getting). I get lavender, minty menthol, and some sort of greenery that smells very fresh and clean on my skin. The drydown is rather sweet lavender. It has a soothing, calming sort of feel to it. I like this and might keep my partial decant, but I'm not sure if it's a scent that I'd wear as a perfume. I might want to smell a drop of this every once in a while though.

Salty, herbal lavender, blast of mint on wet. Dries to a nice herbal green sort of blend... actually, it reminds me alot to a Maylee's garden detergent (lavender + bergamot). Yup, it does get slightly soapy on drydown.

Just got a well-aged bottle of this because I'm a sucker for prototypes!

In the bottle, I could definitely sniff a mix of mint-citrus-lavender notes - mundane, but still pretty.

The minute it hit my skin, I was thrown into a strong sense memory, because this reminds me immensely of my grandfather's Stetson cologne! It's not a dupe, by any means, but it didn't surprise me at all when I googled Stetson and the top notes are lemon, lime, bergamot, and lavender. This doesn't deepen like Stetson, because it's not backed by vetiver/patchouli/tonka/amber (though after several hours, I feel like the drydown has something a little deeper). So it's like a light, feminine Stetson, and close enough that I feel deeply nostalgic wearing it. My grandfather slathered his cologne on every night before bed, and bedtime hugs always smelled like this. I miss him so much!

It's a pretty blend with my skin chemistry, soft and fairly unisex, but definitely meaningful for me!

Edited by ofthebad