Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
schackjj

PX39

In the Bottle: Defnitely floral. Gardenia,maybe? I hesitate to test this, because gardenia hates me *takes a deep breath (metaphorically speaking :lol: )*

Wet: Aaall floral :blink:

Drydown: I missed the early drydown due to errand-running (will have to retest), but the late drydown was pure cake!! Not strong, but unmistakable :D

It's floral and a bit sweet. I couldn't figure which floral until Shackjj said gardenia. I don't really like florals and am a foody but this is tolerable but not a keeper for me.

PX39 - I don't get any gardenia from this at all. On me, it's all lotus -- lots and lots of sweet, bubble-gummy-pink lotus. Mmmmmmmm! Way beneath the top lotus note is a hint of something green and slightly stemmy -- I smell that note the strongest when sniffing this blend directly in the vial. Overall, amazing throw, smells fantastic, and wear length is good.

Watery pink. Gardenia! But light and less wafty. There's a fruit note in this too, but I can't identify it. It's definitely tropical, and actually reminds me a lot of Tiki Queen, but like Tiki Queen's little sister who's out playing in the jungle during an early spring rain. Lovely.

Strong floral - I dont think this is gardenia, I'm going to agree with the note of lotus...strong but softens to a powdery sweet scent soon after. However, this might be too strong for me.... :huh?:

this is definitely a white floral. I can see where others are getting both the lotus and gardenia in this. it's got the sweetness of lotus and also something powdery and soapy, which may or may not be gardenia. soapy-sweet floral scents really don't work for me.

Sweet - tart and juicy fruit with what I'm betting is red musk - reminds me a little of Semiramis, but this is lighter. Also something creamy, maybe coconut? Or a grain/nut note.

Tarter and creamier. Now I'm reminded a little of Albedo with its lemongrass/coconut thing. Definitely a coconut note. The tart fruit is more like yuzu or some asiatic citrus, though. This is also a little soapy, and I suspect a white floral of some sort - it's a little heady. Maybe cherry blossom? I get a definite Asian feel.

Definitely more floral, cherry blossom but something stronger too, possibly star jasmine. I'm not sure where I got the red musk thing from initial sniffing, as while this has a depth that suggests musk, I detect no actual red musk. The citrus has turned bitter, a little pithy. The coconut is definitely very subtle and better than coconut usually is but I still hate coconut in perfume.

The coconut has faded mostly, and I'm getting something almost minty? It's definitely a green note, maybe hyssop, or coriander? It's a little spicy, almost resinous, but also fresh and green feeling and sort of invigorating. I'm positive about the star jasmine at this point, too, and the citrus has burnt off.

Edited by fairnymph

I am not good with floral notes, but I can see where others have mentioned gardenia and lotus. This is a creamy, sweet, tropical smelling floral on me, with a bit of the watery, bubblegummy sweetness that I often get from lotus. Sweet, watery floral is the best way that I can describe it. After an hour, the drydown goes slightly powdery on me, but it's still pretty.

My husband really likes this on me. It smells like a light, girly, springy, tropical floral... it's not the sort of thing that I'd normally wear, but I think I'll keep my decant of this one.

I sniffed this at the Trunk Show a loooooong time ago. Just now found my notes...

Potpurri of some kind. Definite floral.

This scent is right up my alley. it smells a bit like Jailbait--it has that bubblegum, candy quality to it, and a sweet, languid warm floral. Maybe Jailbait at age 39? :)

This smells like my grandmother's makeup drawer. A combination of old-fashioned, gone-over perfume, chalky powder, and that peculiar nasty smell ancient lipstick has. Gross.

There is an extremely aggressive floral of some kind in here. Beyond that I have no idea. It's giving me a headache.

In the bottle, this is soapy, perfumey, heady; I feel almost dizzy just taking a whiff!

Once I apply it, it starts as a fruity-floral with an undertone of coconut oil, the sort of scent you might associate with a really fine tanning oil, and it's very pleasant and summery. As it dries down, it seems to 'bloom' on my skin; the only BPAL flower that swells to this sort of wet-fruity lushness when applied is lotus, so that must be what I'm getting here. There's something more gentle in the background, and whether it's violet, lily, or white rose, I'm not entirely sure. The overall effect of this scent is the way your skin smells when you use a good-quality French milled flower soap, and that's not a bad thing at all. It's subtle, sweet, and would make an excellent scent for professional situations, close quarters, or quiet occasions like church. It's quite classically feminine and is how I wanted some of the softer Lunacies (like Kindly Moon) to smell.

I wasn't expecting to like PX39 this much, but it's grown on me. I think this bottle may be a keeper. :)

Lemongrass, whiff of coconut, gardenia, lotus and yuzu. It's vaguely tropical, very creamy and a fruity floral. Lotus lends its typical sweetness, coconut accounts for the creaminess. Lemongrass and yuzu both add a freshness to the scent. Very Atomic Luau/Tiki in feeling.

I'm getting skin Musk, Green Coconut, watery sweet floral, and a touch of kiwi out of this blend. Doesn't change much as it dries down, though it does get more of a suntan feel. I really do like this one. Definitely getting a very tropical feel from this one though it's wonderful to wear in winter too :P

Rating: 3/5

Edited by haley

Floral and green and sweet (coconut? I can believe it) with a bit of citrus, this one evaporated into a light sweet powder in minutes on my skin. I can almost get a hint of the tropical in what remains, yet nothing outstanding with my skin chem. 
Excited I got to try, though not really my jam. 
I received a handful of these exclusives from a lovely lady, and am thrilled to do some testing!