Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CapricornSister

Semiramis Bath Oil

Red musk, pomegranate, red cherry, myrrh, and blood orange.

OMG! :wub2: I am in love! Cherry is usually amped on me, but here it is more subtle. I get more Myrrh and Red musk on the drydown, barely sweetened by the fruits. It is fantastic!! And it layers well with the perfume oil. I literally walked around after my shower thinking I could die happy smelling like this :D I must go hoard now....

In the bottle I get a lot of the myrrh and cherry, fruity and sweet.

I haven't actually used it in the tub yet (that comes tonight!), but I did apply some to my arms after my shower this morning. It was very cherry at first, but after some time passed the musk and myrrh came out more. It's a sweet, somewhat incense like scent, with a fruity background.

Oh yeah, I'm going to need more of this.

I wore some of this to bed last night...it's that good.

Inside the bottle, it's mostly cherry/almond scent.

On my skin, initially it's mostly cherry and pomegranate. Within about a minute after application, I smell the red musk and myrrh. As it dries further, there's the lovely blood orange. Definitely, a very red scent. Fully dry, it's fruity incense.

I love this!

Instead of putting it in my bath, I applied after a shower and was amazed and happy how cherry scented this was. About two minutes later I started to worry because I kept getting powerful whiffs of sharp myrrh. Luckily that passed and the red musk and pomegranate came out more.

In the bottle this is intensely cherry, almost cough syrup like. I was rather worried because of that but went ahead and tried it.

In the shower it's a little less intense and very yummy. The notes blend well and left a light scent lingering afterwards.

Note: the real reason that I ordered this set was because of the blood orange. There just aren't enough orange scents in the world that are lovely, and blood orange is a real favourite of mine, both as a perfume note, and as a wonderful fruit to consume. :)

In the bottle: The cherry is really coming on strong. Please don't let this become like cherry cough syrup (which I like okay, but not as a perfume note!).

Wet: OMG! The orange is the top note! I think I'm having a girlcrush moment here. My nose is now affixed to my arm, so I have to break away to type this. :)

The dry-down All the other notes are present now, and blending beautifully together. The heady rush of the blood orange is passing, sad to say. :( If I could have a SN Blood Orange, that would be like heaven to me. I'm still getting wafts of the lovely orange, though.

I did layer the bath oil with the perfume oil, and it amped up the sweetness of the perfume, and the myrrh tamed the musk a bit. I think that layering the two will be the best way to wear these, as far as the perfume goes, but the bath oil is a lovely scent all by itself.

This Queen may be sweet, she may be sexy, and she's going to go for it. :) A nice scent for a sultry evening.

ETA: After wearing this for a few hours, the blending of all the notes just became more and more amazing. I think that this may be my fav of the WQ bath oils. :) It works lovely with the perfume, but as a scent by itself, it's just fantastic! A keeper, and bottle-worthy. :)

Edited by thekittenkat

At first sniff, I mostly caught the cherry. Not being a huge fan of that particular fruit, I strongly hoped this wouldn't end up like cough syrup. Overall, the scent was quite strong.

Given the strength of these fruit notes, I decided to start with just a little and add more if necessary. The red musk and myrrh tone down the fruit notes and keep this from smelling foody or medicinal.

Overall, I'm pleased with the Semiramis bath oil--it's pleasantly fruity, but the musk and myrrh keep it a grown-up scent. Because this particular scent packs a lot of punch, a little goes a long way. I'm happily stocked for some time now. The scent stays on my skin lightly for a short while; I recommend applying the perfume after the bath for a whole day of Semiramis.

In the bottle, I got lots of cherry plus a little bit of red musk and myrrh.

I use the BPTP bath oils as after-shower moisturizers, so I slather lots of this on and get beautiful blood orange, cherry and red musk. The citrus comes out even more as the oil dries. :wub2:

Like the other BPTP bath oils, this lasts from shower to shower on me, and it's absolutely gorgeous. Those who like red musk absolutely have to get some of this before the Warrior Queens leave.

in the bottle mmm! fantastic blending here. i'm getting little whiffs of the notes as i look for them, but this stirs up into a fairly seamless scent with a very red vibe.

on skin the red cherry is sweet and being groped heavily by the red musk and myrrh. i think it's the pomegranate that's sweeting up the tart cherry and it's really nice, although the throw is a little bit like grape kool-aid spiked with vodka. and i don't say that like it's a bad thing!

Ah! this is exactly like I hoped it would be. I put it on in the shower and red musk comes through with the cherry in a way that reminds me a little of BLACK PHOENIX only a much more quiet version. Mm gorgeous!

Semiramis bath oil: It smells very sweet and ambery in the bottle. Odd because there's not amber listed in it. On me, it goes very incensey, the myrrh jumps out, which I don't mind. I think I get a good blend of the cherry and blood orange in the background, but I'm not smelling much pomegranate. It's still nice. It feels more "mature" than Tomoe Gozen for some reason.

Semiramis bath oil is definitely my favorite thing from the warrior queens series. I wish that I could get a couple big bottles of this stuff.

In the bottle, this smells like a mix of red cherry and orange popsicles - sweet, juicy, smooth, cool fruitiness. I don't normally really like cherry or orange (the cherry tends to be too sweet and the orange not sweet enough, lol), but they smell perfect here, perhaps thanks to being blended with each other.

If I rub this directly on my skin, I get lots of warm, earthy, sweet red musk and myrrh, and the fruits just disappear. I like how this scent plays out in the bath more than directly on my skin. In the bath water, I can pick out all of the listed notes except for the pomegranate. The orange smells decadent & almost sparkly in the bath. It makes me think of rich blood orange. And it leaves the most wonderful scent on my skin afterwards, where I can still pick out the red musk, orange, myrrh, and a hint of cherry. I find it to be such an uplifting scent. The red musk & myrrh make it smell sexy, expensive, and royal, and the sweet, fruity aspects make it cheery, playful, & fun.

This is just a beautiful fragrance. The best bath oil ever... :wub2:

I was frimped a half-ounce of this. In the bottle it smells good enough to eat! But I was afraid the cherry would dominate everything else and turn me into a cough drop; I don't have a lot of luck with cherry notes.

On my skin it blossomed into the most gorgeous sexy dark fruity scent -- instant love! The musk behaved quietly but worked with the myrrh to lay down a sexy background for the fruit. The pomegranate wrestled the cherry to a partnership, so I smelled neither too sweet nor too tart.

I sought out a full bottle of this; it's my favorite of the Warrior Queens bath oils, no contest.

Ohhh! Oh. Semiramis Bath Oil started off stong with cherry and blood orange and I was all "mmmmmm" and then it drops back to mostly musky myrrh. A lovely scent, to be sure, but I prefer the orange-cherry blast to the musky-myrrh.

Bottle: WHOA CHERRY. And red musk.

Wet: (NOTE: I tried this perfume styel—I tend to use these as body oils/lotion surrogates, rather than bath oils)/ Still lots and lots of cherry, with red musk and deep orange. A bit of spicy feel (myrrh?).

Settling in: red musky, slightly powdery, with a hefty bit of cherry/orange. The cherry is a nice foody one--that almondy kind of cherry (almost creamy/vanillic, oddly). The myrrh/musk deepen these bold playful fruits, and I can see this being really sexy on some. Sadly, red musk just isn’t to my personal tastes. Later, it smostly cherry, the orange is gone, and there's the support of myrrh/musk. Lasts about 4 hrs.

Overall: The red musk here isn’t as powerful or “dirty” as in the perfume oil (especially later on), and I’d almost consider keeping this because it settles into a predominantly nom-able cherry, except that there’s just enough red musk to make it “meh” for me, and I don’t wanna break up the set when I pass her on.

In the bottle this is a strong red musk, melon and pomegranate scent, on my skin it's red musk and cherry. The blood orange is light, but it's there. The myrrh provides a solid base that keeps it from getting too fruity.

At first, I thought this was a write off. First applied, this smells like cherry cough syrup and sickly sweet orange. Then, the glorious red musk comes out, and the sweet cherry and orange fade, and yes, it is now a nice tart pom with a touch of lovely orange. Very nice, though it does get a touch soapy. I'll definitely keep and use my decant as an after shower moisturizer.

Hm, I actually get some almond and red sandalwood from this along with the cherry (I'm beginning to realize that black cherry works much better for me than red :huh?:) and lots of orange. It's a very sweet, rusty scent that reminds me of Salome, Kabuki or even Queen of Sheba (I was not the best of friends with most of those perfumes).

The scent is not to my taste, but the oil itself is, as I expected, so gentle and soft. Nothing has ever made my skin feel as good as BPTP bath oils.

This is fantastic. It's like a sweeter Mme. Moriarty on me (I'm wearing it as perfume) and it makes me soft too. The red musk really comes out nicely but it's smooth and the fruit notes add a hint of sweetness.

Semiramis Bath Oil

In bottle: mmm, blood orange, a hint of cherry and pomegranate.

On skin: wow, this is stunning! Beautiful rich red fruit with a sexy musk undertone and a touch of deep myrrh. I can smell all the fruit here-the tangy and full-bodied blood orange, the crisp pomegranate, the sweeter cherry which in here smells like cherries, not almonds. It smells like that wonderful cherry note in the March 09 version of 13. Uniting the fruits is that awesome red musk. I love red musk with fruit, so this combination is fantastic-lots of fruit boosted and sexed up by a rich red musk that is slightly sweet and creamy. I can smell a tiny bit of myrrh, just enough resin to add a little touch of incense. The drydown is more of a blood orange and red musk blend, which is delicious. The bittersweet and gutsy red orange scent is stunning in here and it blends so well with the musk, which still has hints of pomegranate to it. It reminds me of the Haunted Palace, but without the sweetness of amber and vanilla. This is much more of a fruit scent. The scent moves between musk and orange but then becomes a balanced blend of the orange and musk with just hints of myrrh and pom at the back. This is a little fainter than the perfume, but I bet it’ll smell devastatingly sexy as a body oil to wear all over. I love this so much and I don’t want to waste it on the bath so I’ll use this as perfume and body oil! :wub2:

In the imp, this smells like cherry, red musk, myrrh, and pomegranate, just absolutely wonderful. On my skin, it's much the same. Mmm.