Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
moonstonemama

Velvet Tiki

Gold-washed frangipani, vanilla flower, vanilla bean, coconut, hibiscus, papaya, pineapple, bouganvilla, passion fruit, and three orchids.

In the imp: Fruity

Wet: Coconut, pineapple, vanilla and something floral that I think may be the orchid

Dry: A gorgeous fruity vanilla. I got a few comments on the coconut so I suspect that while I didn't notice it, the throw on it was pretty good.

This blend is going to be another "Nope" scent for me. It starts out as a blast of pineapple and quickly fades to something strangely powdery and floral. I had such high hopes too because of the initial zing. Oh well... on to the next Velvet...

Floral, fruity, and a little fizzy. (Or maybe that's because most of the "Tiki" scents smell fruity and fizzy to me so that's what I was expecting.) The fruit isn't overly sweet and the floral notes in it are lovely. It's just a little... tart, I guess. Slightly a bit too YAY CHEERFUL for my personality. ;) I feel like if I tried to wear this someone would say to me, "What in the world makes you think you can get away with wearing that scent?" I like it, but maybe on someone a little younger and a little less crotchety than I am.

It has decent throw, and a coconut note that doesn't completely overwhelm me. There is some pineapple in the background, well I think it is with a soft cherry note. I think anyways, it might be wood. Wet it smells like an upside down pineapple cake. Now this all what Oblata should of been on my skin, instead of coconut and baby powder. This will be a perfect scent for summer time and spring, it doesn't have a lot of throw but just enough to catch delightful whiffs. Glad I have a bottle! I always seem to do well with fruity floral scents (especially those with hawaiian based flowers!)

Sniffing the bottle I get a wonderful blend of flowerey sweet vanilla that washes over me. On me it's warm and buttery and smells very soft and vanilla. The pineapple, flower and citrus notes blend in very nicely with the vanilla making this a lovely tropical scent :heart: Edited by Lilly

Wet, this is a gorgeous tropical scent. Initially there's a beautiful warm coconut and a heady mix of tropical fruits. As it dries, I smell something citrusy or tangy, I suppose that's from the pineapple? It didn't last very long, perhaps 4 hours, and now I smell a faint powdery floral on my skin. I suspect this will be completely gone in a few more hours which is sad, because I wanted it to be my holy grail tropical coconut blend.

Edited by mxtine

In the Bottle: Delicious. Weirdly enough, I am indeed distinctly reminded of velvet by this scent. It's the wave of rich, warm, and creamy coconut and frangipani (I get fuzzies thinking about this, since my hubby was born in Fiji and had an affinity for them), followed by the dry tang of the fruits (mainly pineapple). Like your finger running across a smooth fabric followed by the touch of its slightly harsher ends.

Wet: Truly an island paradise. This does not start out harsh like some oils do. Upon application, it's indulgent soft coconut and vanilla amidst dainty florals, with just the slightest hint of fruit in the background. Very romantic and lovely. It's a bounty of amazing scents, and though I would consider it dreamy, there's something invigorating about it as well.

Dry: As this dries the fruits come out and contribute more zest. I admit I liked it more during the initial stages for its soothing quality, but it's still playfully charming. Amazingly, when it was still fresh, I liked the coconut in this even more than my beloved Black Pearl, since it wasn't as weighed down by richer notes. Instead, it's gently rounded out by the vanilla.

Verdict: I'm glad I bought a bottle of this. I originally thought it might be far too sweet because of the florals, but instead they're only hazily present and not at all overwhelming. I probably won't hunt down more of this if my partial runs out because of the overly bossy fruits (for my taste), but I will definitely enjoy it from time to time.

This was a lovely and elusive scent- very soft and vanilla-coconut-floral. Super tropical and pretty. I expected this to remind me of the Luau scents (none of which seemed to work on me) but it's really it's very own scent and not similar at all (no alcoholic drinks here!).

My decant of this is really nice, very tropical and uplifting. I bought a bottle and it smelled slightly different on the dry down, it had a hint of dryer sheet. Too bad!! :rantrave:

Wet: Sweet, tropical flowers.

Dry: I'm getting a faint smell of tropical flowers; I don't detect any fruit at all. Not to mention, these flowers are NOT turning soapy on my skin! That rarely happens! I can picture wearing this during the summer with a pina colada in hand. :D

4/5

This scent smells like I've just stumbled in after a memorable night with a very sexy pineapple.

In all seriousness, wet, it's a bit fruity, but not at all in a "foody" way. More in the way that walking through an orchard can have a fruity scent; it's ambient. On the drydown, the nice sexy Mr. Pineapple has settled down and left behind a hint of vanilla and strange spice.

Egads am I glad I have a bottle.

In the bottle - A faint sugary citrus scent

Wet on me - A soft peachy scent with an ozoney background

Dry on me - Very faint indeed

Overall - I liked the feeling of the wet stages, but it just got eaten on my skin

I am absolutely obsessed with this! It's hard for me to pick out any one note other than vaguely "fruity tropical" but WHAT a fruity tropical! I think what I'm getting is mostly passionfruit with a breath of pineapple, but it's warm and lovely and the coconut doesn't verge on suntan lotion like it sometimes can--it really just smells like how a favorite cocktail in an island tiki bar would smell. I don't get any vanilla at all. I can't stop smelling my wrist, and it's perfect for the upper-70s weather we've been having here in Ohio lately. Soooooo glad I got my hands on a bottle!

I am obsessed with tropical things, and this sounds right up my alley!

Wet: Mmm. Citrusy, tropical, slightly floral - just what I expected and hoped for, really! It's very light, low throw, which I am OK with. It's nice to have some subtle summer scents that aren't too in-your-face.

Dry: This is very light - a beautiful tropical skin scent, perfect for warm months, and totally wearable for any occasion. Light enough to be work appropriate, but pretty enough to wear anywhere.