Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
dawndie

Chaos Theory V: Recursive Self-Similarity v2

CXIV

This blend started off with a tang (no pun intended). I have others say that something smells like sex. This really did. I wasn't sure if I were going to be able to handle it or if I would have to wash it off. Then it began to change again. I smelled, underneath the sweaty musk, LICORICE. Huh? Licorice? Anisette? Absinthe? *shifty eyes*

Then that vanished in an instant and I was left with a sultry version of O. Powerful and evocative. And I don't know that I can keep it, much less wear it.

Wow.

LCXCVI

In the bottle: Honey, musk (red, possibly), incense. It's in the same family as the sexy Smut and Womb Furie. Wee!

Wet on skin: Honey, slightly fruity musk, incense.

Dry on skin: Warm rich honey, with an almost chocolatey feel. NOM!

Final thoughts: After going through a couple of Chaos V bottles, I think I found a match! I tested it against an aged imp of O that I have kept thinking at first that they were so similar, but this Chaos bottle is less sweet, less cloying than the actual O. I'm really happy that I finally found a chaotic blend for me!

XIV

When I got this (about a year ago?) I was intrigued. It came onto my nose like amber resin and cherry hard candy. On my skin, I kept getting more of the fruity smell, and I wasn't in the mood for that. I'd mix it with a crumb of a brick of honey amber resin on my skin and get on with life. Then I let the beautiful bottle sit for a while.

Fast forward to now. Pull out the bottle, rub some on, and wow! It's matured! It still goes on fruity, but I rub it in a bit and let it do its thing and...what the?!?...YUM! I have no idea what I'm smelling, but I LOVE it! The fruit blends seamlessly into an ambery/vanilla-ish thingie with maybe a bare hint of some kind of wood...and I could swear there's a faint, faint waft of chocolate...or maybe tobacco? Or...? Sophisticated, soft, hard to define, and with a tiny bite of...well, something!

WHEW! Now I truly understand what everyone keeps saying about aging these lovelies.

CCLX (260)

I'm not sure that I've got the right number here -- mine came to me with the number half rubbed off. I stuck some tape on it and from what I can tell, CCLX is right.

This is O and cherry at first, but the red fruitiness fades fast (it is possible it's almond, but I really don't think so) and a sort of fizziness pops up. It's sort of like . . . ginger ale -- minus the ginger -- plus O.

I'm not sure about this one! I'll keep it for a while and see what happens.

Edited by karen

I can't make out my number. :(

Anyway, this smells like brownies in the bottle! As it dries, I get more honey and amber, with the chocolate in the background. Definitely O+chocolate.

CCI? LCI? Something like that, the label is smeared -- just bought this from someone over on LJ. :)

This is very heavy on the amber, and I can barely pick up any vanilla at all. The honey is far in the background, and doesn't smell at all similar to other honey blends (or to regular O). There is definitely musk, and a really beautiful resin (I think it's frankincense?) that gives it a really gorgeous, incense/spicy quality. It's actually quite FIZZY even, and reminds me a bit of coca cola. I really, really love this.

CT V (O): CCCXVIII (318) - This is O with orange. Amber, honey, vanilla and lots and lots and lots of orange. It may be mandarin orange. It's really gorgeous, but fades from my skin super fast.

CT V (O): CCCXVIII (448) - This mostly smells like O, but without the plastickiness I get from O, and with a faint trace of floral -- pretty tropical florals, maybe tiare? It's a very pretty scent.

CT V (O): CCLX (260) - This is a stunningly beautiful scent. It's definitely got the base of O, but there's not so much in it that it turns to plastic on my skin, as O tends to do. Its top note is a spicy resin scent -- like a perfect balance of myrrh and ginger, perhaps? As it mellows on my skin, something faintly green pops up its head, but an hour later it's completely gone. For most of the life of the scent, it's a warm, golden, resinous scent with a hint of O's amber and honey. It's really, really beautiful - one of the prettiest CT's I've encountered.

Oh, yum.

I can't read the number on my bottle - I bought if off of someone- and its mostly rubbed off :(

In the bottle, its all O with a touch of red amber and a slight, sharp, floral note. I am not good with identifying florals as I usually don't wear them (instant headache). The sharp top notes stay for about an hour or two before settling into a gorgeous, heavenly dry down.

O is probably my favorite scent, and this didn't disappoint. The lovely amber/ honey base is definitely there, but this one is both deeper and lighter at the same time. It has some resinous qualities, but also a lot of airyness, a bit of lift. Its VERY interesting.

Great throw, great staying power.

SWOOOOOON!!

CXXI

Whoops, I never did review this. I got a decant of this years ago. It's almost Pez like at first; fruity and dusty. For some reason I'm thinking passionfruit, although I have no idea if that's accurate or not. After dry down, there's definitely roses in here somewhere. It's been so long since I tried O itself that I can't compare it to the original.

CXXXIV:

An effervescent pink scent, fizzy strawberry soda, cherry candy, and the sweet honey of O. It's all the innocence, and only the tiniest hint of defilement.

CL:

O is here, but this one starts as something woodsy, possibly pine? It quickly dies down to what I'm guessing is sandalwood and a dry resin... myrrh? grounding the sweetness that comes with O. I can't wear O straight up because the honey is overpowering when on my skin. But when it's blended with dry and earthy notes like this, the honey gives it sweetness without being overwhelming. This one is really quite lovely on me, and my skin is finicky enough that really says something!

Purchased my bottle from the lab on Etsy, the silver marker on the black label is hard to make out: looks like CCCCIV, but that's not a thing? 

In the bottle and freshly applied, this smells weirdly clean! My first thought is that this is a cheeky mashup of O and Dirty - O on clean sheets! I fished out my decant of Dirty, which I think is pretty recent, and it seems like my theory is a possibility. Once it dries down the aged vanilla amber takes over, the cleanness settles into the background, and it's quite lovely. This scent stays close to the skin for me.

I don't tend to like overtly clean scents, but I do appreciate a clean component in the mix, like Cotton Phoenix, and this seems to be in a similar genre.

I purchased my bottle from Etsy as well. The label is hard to make out; the number might be CDXXX? but it's pretty faded. To me, this smells like O + frankincense and maybe a little mint or absinthe? Definitely a nice strong, almost piney frankincense though, which I like. It smooths down to amber/vanilla/honey after a while on the skin, though it isn't as sweet as regular O. I'm really happy that I got this combination.