Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
kebechet

Before I go...

Cross-posted to the LJ Community and the BPAL Forum:

Good evening, all! Lord, I wish I had more time to be social lately… it’s been more difficult getting things back in order than I’d hoped it would be, and because of all the USPS stupidity lately, it’s been even slower, due to all the orders I’ve had to repack.

MAN, I hope those bastards at the post office come across with all the insurance claims I’ve had to file, or I am assed out of a lot of money. :P

The email problems continue, and I cannot get the goddamn autoresponder to work. Not like anyone can actually get an email through, but… I thought I’d try nonetheless. I just hope that anyone that tries to contact me while we’re out sees this.

Upward and onward…

We’ve worked pretty much nonstop since we recovered from the flu – which amounted to an average 16 hour day for each of us. I want to thank Lynn and Michelle for all their help in the last-minute crunch. We couldn’t have gotten all the orders out without you. Every single order placed through February 15th has been shipped. There is something amiss with the bozo that does our USPS Priority Mail pickup; I’ve received quite a few emails regarding delayed orders and other postal shenanigans. I’m not at the Lab at the moment, so I don’t have access to any of the tracking numbers. As you guys know, the Lab is closed from February 18th – February 25th so I won’t be able to check on anything until then.

For those of you that are curious as to where we’re going… our landlord will be refurbishing two of the Lab walls during that time because of severe internal water damage. We chose this time to let him fix it all for two reasons: one, the damage became bad enough after the last rains to risk damaging the product, and two…. because Ted is participating in a hockey tournament in Las Vegas! It was lucky that the two could coordinate, since I wouldn’t be able to get anything done in the Lab or the office til the work was done anyway. I’m not a laptop kinda girl, which is why I won’t have any email access while I’m away.

And fuck… I’ll be honest: it’s been a long, crappy winter for us. Really, really crappy. I’ve never had to deal with so much bullshit that was so out of my control in my entire freakin’ life. Certainly not where my own shop was concerned. I console myself by insisting that everything happens for a reason, and that there’s some divine plan behind all this, but the truth is I need a fucking break. I’m hoping that the time I spend away from all this will ‘reset’ my environment, and when I get back, everything will be right as rain.

Here’s hopin’!

Brian – being a diligent Virgo and work-masochist – is insisting that we bring the sample tying stuff with us to Vegas, so… technically I’m still working while we’re there. So much for leaving it all behind, but what can ya expect from a Virgo partner? :D

I am going to trust that everything reaches you guys intact, but please let me know if you have any problems with your order, and if the USPS has bunged it up, I will certainly make restitution.

Any emails I haven’t been able to get to will be gotten to when I get back. I’ve done my best to answer everyone, but since this fucking fucking fucking SMTP server is still wacky, I assume some of you didn’t receive my replies. I haven’t been able to get to all my PM’s either, due to my attempt to see to it that all the orders went out before we left. I’m truly sorry, and will do my best to get the last ones responded to before I crash tonight.

I’m going to finish up packing now, watch Jay & Silent Bob, and take a long, long bath. I love you all very, very much, and… I’m just so damned sorry that things got so screwy here after Thanksgiving.

When I get back, everything will be fine…

*chant / chant / chant!*

Bath Good! It's probably bad luck to wish Ted good luck if hockey works anything like theatre, but considering the sport, I don't want to risk wishing him broken limbs... :P

Enjoy the break. And tell Brian not to be such a Virgo. (Yeah, like that ever works... :D )

*joins the chant* When you get back, everything will be fine.

Bath Good!  It's probably bad luck to wish Ted good luck if hockey works anything like theatre, but considering the sport, I don't want to risk wishing him broken limbs...  :P 

Enjoy the break.  And tell Brian not to be such a Virgo.  (Yeah, like that ever works... :D )

*joins the chant*  When you get back, everything will be fine.

Bath GOOD!!!

Shollin, I /really/ need to talk to you when I get back...

[insert grovelling and snarfling here]

Bath GOOD!!!

Shollin, I /really/ need to talk to you when I get back...

[insert grovelling and snarfling here]

Take your time, lady, I'm in no rush. :P Have a hell of a blast in Vegas!

Yes! tell Ted good luck! Do take care and have fun in Vegas. Have many drinks and enjoy the buffets! Have a happy birthday while you're gone as well.

We'll all send positive energy in your direction so that your break will be restful and healing and that the repairs on the lab will turn out well and be finished when you return.

Happy trails!

good luck to ted!

enjoy vegas! bring 3 jacks and hit the card tables :P

re the email: have you thought about just using a yahoo or some crap like that for awhile, or at least to reply to mail?

Good Lord! You sure do need a little break. Make Brian tie the ties while you're gone and go to the spa!

Jenny

Have a wonderful break :D yes, everything will be fine when you get back... things can only get better surely? :P

Take care and enjoy yourself - you deserve it!

Hi Elizabeth!

I'm kinda a new member here :P but I've been reading up for a while and boy, you guys have really been through the crapper! I hope you have a very restful break and recharge the batteries. Very glad you're getting a chance to get away! Gotta say, I'm very glad too (for me!), 'cause I noted you said you got all your orders out...that must mean mine is winging it's way to Australia....YEEE HA! I've been dying of anticipation....cannot wait to try your oils for the first time!!

Lisa :D

Edited by ViolentKitten

Sending oodles of well wishing force your way... I hope that you all have a wicked, restful and exciting time in Vegas and that post and e-mail and wall problems will just go up in smoke!!

Someone told me this week that Gabriel the Archangel is the patron saint of the postal services - not sure if that's true, I'll do some research..

oh, almost forgot - I hope Ted has a fantastic game!!

xxxx

Best wishes, now and always, Beth!

I'll be thinking good thoughts and sending them your way ...

Hope you have a wonderful vacation full of little mercies and moments of beauty. Is there beauty in Las Vegas? I wouldn't know, but here's to hoping!

I will also join you in shaking the oily fist at the USPS. I'm about to move, and we wants our precioussss, and they won't gives it to us.... it must be their retribution against the world for making them wear those awful polyester uniforms.

Yes, that must be it.

Have fun, good luck, wear plenty of scarves and feel free for a while!

I'm late as always but have a fantabulous time Elizabeth! *sends good good vibes* and Good Luck to Ted as well!!

Someone told me this week that Gabriel the Archangel is the patron saint of the postal services - not sure if that's true, I'll do some research..

I've been thinking about setting up a full altar to Hermes. Since it's been our communications and shipments that have been the biggest problem, it seems fitting.

Also, commerce falls under his jurisdiction. Being the devout Fish that I am, I know it doesn't hurt to do a little deific grovelling when your back is against a wall. :P

I'd be curious as to whether you're right about Gabriel. I agree with Shriekingviolet: it does seem that it would be his area of governance.

Thanks everyone for your happy thoughts! I've been procrastinating leaving all morning because I keep thinking there's something else I need to do. I've never been away from the Lab for this many days, and it's making me nervous. It's not like I'm leaving everything in pristine shape here, you know? I'm also sketchy about leaving the dogs and kitty and fish with the sitter. And I'm nervous about what is going to happen when the Lab's walls are fixed. I don't trust my landlord, and we packed everything as well as can be, but it isn't like my luck is sterling right now. :D And I'm worried about Ted's game. And I'm worried about the incoming shipments I've got. And I'm worried about the USPS's bad service. And I have a zit. And and and and....

I didn't get much sleep last night. :D

I hope everyone's weekend is bouncy and bright! Thanks again, guys. :D You all are better than family to me!

I think a week away will be great for all of you! Just try to relax, think about things other than work, and have a blast - try to fit some late morning sleep in there, too! We'll all be waiting for you when you get back - GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

*chant / chant / chant!*

When you get back, everything will be fine...

*chant/chant/chant*

:P :D :D

Elizabeth, I just wanted to let you know that the perfumes arrived yesterday and YOU HAVE OUTDONE YOURSELF! I am in love with the whole bloody Mad Tea Party. Bliss is positively sinful. Hymn and Seraphim are truly angelic. I think Succubus has to be my new signature scent!

I thought you might like to hear some postive news before you go!

Have a wonderful time in Las Vegas! Would it be too much to ask that you snap some photos for our voyeuristic pleasure? I've never been, and I'd love to see it someday. Best of luck to Ted in his hockey tournament! I hope you all find the rest, relaxation and FUN that you deserve!

Don't you worry!! Everything will be fine and save and taken care of when you come back :P

Las Vegas is great!

Happy holiday!!!! :D

Beth, you deserve the rest and the vacation time away so try not to worry about anything (if you can keep from it) while you're away. Just think about how much you've been able to put up with (and stay a survivor!) and then remember that nothing is going to happen that you can't handle. I know that's easier said than done but your pets, the orders, the shipments, and the lab will all be fine. Enjoy your break, girl, and remember, we love you! :P

Sign in to follow this