Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foundmyhappyplace

Love a Victoria's Secret fragrance? Looking for a BPAL cousin to it?

Some green-floral and fruity-floral type scents:

*The Ghost (notes: white iris, osmanthus, Calla lily, tomb-crawling ivy and a coffin spray of gladiolus, lisianthus and delphinium)

*Glasgow (notes: wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather)

*Grandmother of Ghosts (notes: laurel, stargazer lily, splintered woods, peony, mandarin and white musk, and is spiked with pale pepper)

*Grief (notes: lily of the valley, hyacinth, calamus, muguet, hydrangea, and elemi)

*House of Night (A sorrowful graveyard bouquet of somber blooms, funereal boughs, dismal green and laden with grief)

*Rosalind (notes: Dew-covered berries and fresh green grasses with a faint breath of spring flowers)

*The Unicorn (notes: wispy linden blossoms, white flowers, and a touch of sweet herbs)

And I agree with the rec for High Strung Daisies. It's clean, sweetly pink, and has a floral quality to it. Very playful and girly. Slippery Poppy Tincture is also nice for a clean, fresh floral, tart berry, greenery, and sweetness.

Hi and welcome!

Here are my recommendations:

Titania: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon.

High-Strung Daisies: daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar.

Black Opal: no listed notes, but it's an ubersexy, unique vanilla/coconut.

Queen Gertrude: imperial violet softened by wisteria and chrysanthemum, but edged with the regal iciness of delphinium.

Ladon: dragon’s blood resin, golden apple, apple blossom, white musk and hyacinth.

51: green mandarin, neroli, honeydew, white amber, guava, freesia, white and green musks hovering over desert scrub, smashed wood, and the dry, biting scent of night air over the Groom Lake salt flats.

happy sniffing!

Edited by ModderRhu

For a soft green floral I'd suggest 51. For a very "pink" scent I'd echo the recommendations for High Strung Daisies. For a playful, fruity scent I'd recommend Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat (it is very melon-y at first, but hang in there and the melon will back off quickly, it leaves a lovely fresh, green scent). For fruits, honey, vanilla, and lovely musk I'd suggest Lady Una (it is unimpable, but if you look through the forum sales you can probably find a decant).

Keep in mind, I haven't smelled Pink in years. Can't guarantee any of these actually smell like that particular scent, these are just recs based on your likes :)

Can anybody recommend Victoria Secret's Angel dupe (or something similar)?

Top notes: pink pepper, plum

Middle: Gardenia, violets

Bass: Amber, Musk, Agarwood

mmm..I guess something similar to this but more...uni-sex? :D Nothing with vanilla though, anything I wear turns into vanilla in the end ^^;;

I truly love the warm sensuous vanilla of the lotion and lasts all day but I would love to try an oil that gives me the same comfortable happy feeling. It's vanilla, amber, orchid and musk. I don't pick up the orchid and I know a lot of people think it is a fake plastic-y smell, but it works with my body chemistry. If anyone can think of something similar it would be greatly appreciated.

So, you're looking for a vanilla amber musk (since you don't pick up the orchid at all)?

Have you tried O (Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla?)

Someone was saying that Vanilla Lace is very similar to Antique Lace, I think that was you TD? I did have the opportunity to try it a few months ago, and it is very similar, but does fade fast. Of course AL is next to impossible to find, but Morocco may fit the bill...

Someone was saying that Vanilla Lace is very similar to Antique Lace, I think that was you TD? I did have the opportunity to try it a few months ago, and it is very similar, but does fade fast. Of course AL is next to impossible to find, but Morocco may fit the bill...

Wow! That is so sad that I had no recollection of that until you brought it up. :blush: It really speaks to the state of my mind. I even did a search for it and couldn't find it...Sigh, depressing.

If you found Antique Lace similar, try out Morocco. They don't have any of the same listed notes, but on me Morocco is a dead ringer for Antique Lace, very much a warm/soft vanilla musk.

If you found Antique Lace similar, try out Morocco. They don't have any of the same listed notes, but on me Morocco is a dead ringer for Antique Lace, very much a warm/soft vanilla musk.

Morocco does sound lovely...

This might sound weird, but I think Tombstone is so much like vanilla lace, but minus that weird alcohol smell the VS scents seem to have. It's lovely!

So I am still looking for a BPAL that reads like Pear Glacé. I used to drench myself in this stuff. It was one of those fragrances where sometimes you'd catch a whiff of it on someone else, think about how amazing they smelled and how you wanted to marry them. Then run home and put some more on!

The listed notes in Pear Glacé are Pear (duh), Cassis and Violet. I found a negative online review (funny how the negative reviews are the ones that can be the most useful) that described it as Pear Cough Syrup. And while that doesn't sound great, it exactly captures the feel of the scent and why I haven't found a comparable bpal. It is an extremely sweet rich almost cloying pear. Like a honeyed or sugared baked pear studded with Cassis. Even though it is described as "sparkling" there is nothing light about this pear. It has presence.

I'm not generally a fruit wearer, but I am passionate about this scent. I would try an apple that gave the same impression. Or maybe even a stone fruit.

Tzi

I love la belle au bois dormant. You could also try perilous parlor or Endymion, for pear. Or possibly, tenochtitlan for an ambery pear

tziporra, I second the rec for Perilous Parlor. On me, it was overwhelmingly syrupy sweet pear and sugar, almost sweet to the point of having to wash it off. Since you're looking for "pear cough syrup", this one might be more up your alley! :D

tziporra, I second the rec for Perilous Parlor. On me, it was overwhelmingly syrupy sweet pear and sugar, almost sweet to the point of having to wash it off. Since you're looking for "pear cough syrup", this one might be more up your alley! :D

Sounds right up my alley! I have tried Endymion and it is much too light and fresh, more "sparkling" less "syrup".