Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
foundmyhappyplace

Love a Victoria's Secret fragrance? Looking for a BPAL cousin to it?

Does anyone else remember a scent by Victoria's Secret that was out a long time ago called Whispering Mist? Oh man, I loved that one. I tried to google the fragrance notes and what I found was:

A mix of: Orange, Jasmine, and Violet

Any BPAL suggestions? Thanks! :P

I loved Cotton Blossom by VS. Any suggestions for something similar since it is discontinued?

From what I remember of it, I think maybe Dirty or White Rabbit would be similar to it. :P

Does anyone know of a BPAL that would resemble the discontinued VS scent called Whispering Mist?

Notes were:

Blend of Orange, Jasmine, and Violet

*is new* :P

Is anyone familiar with Dream Angels Divine (the pink one)? I've been worried for years now that they're going to discontinue this one.

According to VS:

Bask in euphoria. Vibrantly sheer, bright, and luminous with lotus blossom, waterlily, amber and sheer sandalwood. Domestic.

Fragrance type: floral

Top notes: lotus blossom, rose

Middle notes: lily of the valley, waterlily

Low notes: sandalwood, blonde wood, amber

A major stumbling block for me is that, while I love things like lily of the valley and water lily, I am severely allergic to pretty much any other kind of lily (esp. tigerlilies and stargazers)

Anyway, thanks!

My friend used to wear the original Victoria perfume by Victoria's Secret, and her stash finally ran out. I recently introduced her to BPAL and she really likes the idea of it! I Googled Victoria and I can't find any description of the notes, but I was hoping some of you genius perfume wizards are familiar with the scent and could provide some similar oil recommendations! Thanks in advance! :D

I am almost out of my stored stash of the original VS perfume. It was my signature scent for years. The citrus is pretty light-- maybe grapefruit? The florals are kind of dusty. I think there is a hint of lily of the valley but I can't place anything else. I normally dislike florals but this has a distinct "Victorian lady" dried petal scent. I'd love to find a similar BPAL considering I will eventually run out of this even though I have it stored carefully in the fridge and use it only on very special occasions.

eta: I'd be happy to spritz some paper for Beth to see if she can figure it out. There's a whole forum of folks wanting this stuff back and I just saw a bottle on eBay for close to $150 :P

Edited by topaz

Has anyone found anything that's similar to VS's Snowplum? I think it's a limited edition for holiday/wintertime.

I've tried google searching and literally the best description I could come up with was this - Snow plum: A sugar-frosted mix of juicy plums.

So It might be more helpful if you've actually smelled it. It's a very nice scent. Fruity but not overly so, and kinda sugary I guess, but not sweet in a foody way. It's kinda hard to pin down.

BPAL is great! :joy: I haven't tried many... but reading all these reviews and browsing just gets me all excited!I've had lots of recommendations for "ocean" and "natural" scents from my intro-newbie post, but... I wanted a specific recommendation~ has anyone ever smelled Victoria Secret's "Love Spell"??? It is truly an awesome scent... and I was wondering... are there scents on BPAL like Love Spell?Dinerdulcinea was kind enough to post the ingredients to Love Spell ^^ It is like...cherry blossom, muguet, georgia peach, red apple, with hints of tamarind and blondewoodSO~ I'm asking, does anyone have recommendations for scents with these ingredients? =3 I have no clue where to start... so I would love some help! =D Any recommendations along this line? Doesn't have to be the same (since I do want to try variations, or else I would just wear Love Spell, lol)! Thank you!
I know this is an old post but for anyone else looking for Love Spell (which is fantastic!) Lady Macbeth is very similar. :D
Has anyone found anything that's similar to VS's Snowplum? I think it's a limited edition for holiday/wintertime.I've tried google searching and literally the best description I could come up with was this - Snow plum: A sugar-frosted mix of juicy plums.So It might be more helpful if you've actually smelled it. It's a very nice scent. Fruity but not overly so, and kinda sugary I guess, but not sweet in a foody way. It's kinda hard to pin down.
I haven't smelled Snowplum but maybe Candy Phoenix is similar?CANDY PHOENIXA dusky, yet effervescent mix of pomegranate and black currant candies, with a dusting of sugared pear and white apple.

Has anyone found anything that's similar to VS's Snowplum? I think it's a limited edition for holiday/wintertime.I've tried google searching and literally the best description I could come up with was this - Snow plum: A sugar-frosted mix of juicy plums.So It might be more helpful if you've actually smelled it. It's a very nice scent. Fruity but not overly so, and kinda sugary I guess, but not sweet in a foody way. It's kinda hard to pin down.
I think if you mixed Fruit of Paradise and Bordello you would be crazy close.Just edited to add that I work at VS and smell Snowplum all the time. It's soft and fruity but has a sort of crisp holidayishness to it. Bordello is soft and fruity while Fruit of Paradise has that crispness, so I think mixing the two would be extremely close.
*is new* :nervous:Is anyone familiar with Dream Angels Divine (the pink one)? I've been worried for years now that they're going to discontinue this one.According to VS:
Bask in euphoria. Vibrantly sheer, bright, and luminous with lotus blossom, waterlily, amber and sheer sandalwood. Domestic.Fragrance type: floralTop notes: lotus blossom, roseMiddle notes: lily of the valley, waterlilyLow notes: sandalwood, blonde wood, amber
A major stumbling block for me is that, while I love things like lily of the valley and water lily, I am severely allergic to pretty much any other kind of lily (esp. tigerlilies and stargazers)Anyway, thanks!
I was trying to think of something that would match but what I remember of Divine is that it's kind of a soft, powdery floral. I know I've tried similar BPALs but I can't remember any names that would definitely smell similar since it's been a while since I've tested Divine. BUT, I know there's some Divine on semi-annual sale right now. Edited by Queen Mab

Bask in euphoria. Vibrantly sheer, bright, and luminous with lotus blossom, waterlily, amber and sheer sandalwood. Domestic.

Fragrance type: floral

Top notes: lotus blossom, rose

Middle notes: lily of the valley, waterlily

Low notes: sandalwood, blonde wood, amber

How about The Penitent Magdalene: Immortelle, lily of the valley, gaiac, amber, honey, white sandalwood, almond flower, blonde musk, and hyssop.

(I have the impression it'd be kind of resiny, though...)

Endymion: A sweet, wistful blend of d'Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk.

Not sure if you can handle the calla lily in Helena: Rose amber, calla lily, night-blooming jasmine, water lily, and white rose.

And since it's described as a powdery floral, give Madame Tracy a try (I'm a big fan): A coquettish blend of tea rose, ume blossom, geranium, lily of the valley, violet, and heliotrope.

If anything smells like Love Spell please tell me so I can stay far, far, far away from it!

The only thing I've tried so far that reminds me of Love Spell was Bordello.

All right girls, I need some help... My b/f tolerates my BPAL, but prefers me to wear those commercial-type perfumes. So my compromise has been to wear my BPAL to work, and wear stuff he likes on the weekend. Saturday, I spritzed on a sample of Victoria's Secret Dream Angels "Desire". He loved it... but didn't realize it was VS, lol - he told me "Order a 5 mL of that!" :lol:

Here's what I got from the VS website:

Fragrance type: fruity floral

Top notes: white star magnolia, living white freesia, ivy leaves

Middle notes: frangipani, pink peony mist, yellow plum

Low notes: angelique wood, crystal musk, angora accord

Any ideas? I'd love to find a BPAL that he'd like smelling on me.

Edited by Molls

I'm thinking Earth Rat and Green Phoenix layered may be even closer to Tranquil Breezes than just Green Phoenix, since I got a lot of melon from Earth Rat - I'll try that sometime soon. I was cleaning out a drawer in my vanity last night and found a half bottle of Tranquil Breezes something... a splash of some kind, so now I actually have something to compare to!

Duuuuude check out how much that $#!+ goes for on ebay! It's unbelievable! If you ever need a couple bucks and you're not attached to that bottle, throw it up for bids and you'll get money for it, even if it is half used : -)

Let me know how Earth Rat and Green Phoenix is! :wub2:

Molls, I've never smelled the VS scent you describe, but that sounds rather like Suspiro: "Ylang ylang with white plum, white orchid, jasmine, calla lily and lily of the valley." The pile of rich white tropical florals plus plum is exactly what I get out of it.

Hmmm, I saw the description for White Phoenix, and I'm wondering if it might be similar to what I'm looking for:

White, for acting in good conscience and doing our best to give back to the community.

Frangipani, magnolia, cotton flower, osmanthus, crystal musk, ambrette, white orchid, sugar cane, davana, white sandalwood, petitgrain, lavender, and lotus root.

Well, White Phoenix, although it was very pretty, was not similar to Desire. I tried Suspiro, and the ylang-ylang was just too much for me. Then I got Black Dahlia (Voluptuous magnolias strewn over orchid, star jasmine, black amber and smoky rose).. I haven't tried them side-by-side, but I think it's closer than anything else I've tried so far. Very floral, yet sweet.

I'm still looking though... ;)

I'm thinking Earth Rat and Green Phoenix layered may be even closer to Tranquil Breezes than just Green Phoenix, since I got a lot of melon from Earth Rat - I'll try that sometime soon. I was cleaning out a drawer in my vanity last night and found a half bottle of Tranquil Breezes something... a splash of some kind, so now I actually have something to compare to!

Duuuuude check out how much that $#!+ goes for on ebay! It's unbelievable! If you ever need a couple bucks and you're not attached to that bottle, throw it up for bids and you'll get money for it, even if it is half used : -)

:blink: *stares at collection of Tranquil Breezes and runs to check out ebay*

I bought Green Phoenix because of the TB connection, but I do have a partial bottle of Earth Rat that I'm going to try layering over it. I don't often desire the melon thing, but sometimes it is something that I look for.

Okay, after a look through this thread, I see that several years ago there was some discussion about a rough BPAL equivalent to VS Angels: Heavenly, but it seems like the only thing people could agree on was that there isn't an exact BPAL catalogue match, and it doesn't smell like Antique Lace. (Agreed, by the way. It doesn't.) But my mother's favorite perfume for the last decade has been Angels: Heavenly, and now that she's down to a dribble in her bottle and her two children have intrigued her enough about BPAL, she's ready to order some imps. She doesn't need a dead ringer for the scent, but I think she'd like to find something with some of the same elements.

In the hopes of finding something as close as possible, I tracked down notes:

Top: Quince, Cardamom, Ivy, Mandarin

Middle: Lotus, White Peony, Freesia, Iris, Violet

Bottom: White Musk, Sandalwood, Orchid, Vanilla

Just from discussion with Mom, it seems that the notes she likes best are the Quince, Peony, Freesia, White Musk, Sandalwood and Orchid. She does frequently like vanilla products, so she was probably responding to that on some level, too. :lol:

Any thoughts? I'm going to be using the search engine to try and hunt down a few, but if any similarity leaps out to you, let me know, please.

Edited by Bluestocking

Victoria's Secret Pink®

Think fun, flirty, sexy, playful. Domestic and imported.

Fragrance type: green floral

Top notes: bergamot, mandarin, green leaves, violet

leaves, artemesia (armoise), juniper berry

Middle notes: freesia, lily of the valley (muguet),

neroli, peony

Low notes: sandalwood, vetiver, musk, vanilla

My sister loves that perfume.. I was hoping to finding something that is close or might be like it? I'm bad with florals.. as I don't normally like them..so I'm lost on this :blush:

Has anyone found anything that's similar to VS's Snowplum? I think it's a limited edition for holiday/wintertime.

I've tried google searching and literally the best description I could come up with was this - Snow plum: A sugar-frosted mix of juicy plums.

So It might be more helpful if you've actually smelled it. It's a very nice scent. Fruity but not overly so, and kinda sugary I guess, but not sweet in a foody way. It's kinda hard to pin down.

That sounds totally like Midwinter's Eve. It's a Yule LE, and it doesn't come back every year but hopefully it will this year.

Hi all! I'm new here, trying to switch to a healther, no animal testing alternative to the perfume I've been wearing for about... a decade. I'm going to order imps. Can anyone recommend something that is similar to Victoria's Secret Pink (this smells really good on me)? Generally, I want something not too overpowering that I can wear every day. I'm a perfume novice, but I know that I hate patchouli and probably other things that smell similarly (perhaps wrong words, but) incensy or heavy. I've seen a list that the notes in Pink are artemesia, neroli, peony, freesia, bergamot, mandarin, violet leaves, juniper berry, and muguet (lily of the valley).Thanks for your help!This description was in a previous post, but I don't think anyone replied (sorry if I just don't know how to use the site!)Victoria's Secret Pink®Think fun, flirty, sexy, playful. Domestic and imported.Fragrance type: green floralTop notes: bergamot, mandarin, green leaves, violet leaves, artemesia (armoise), juniper berryMiddle notes: freesia, lily of the valley (muguet), neroli, peonyLow notes: sandalwood, vetiver, musk, vanilla

Hi, and Welcome!

I haven't smelled Pink in a long time, but I searched this thread and saw that someone had compared Mi-Go Brain Canister to VS Pink. Now that one was a LE (Limited Edition) so it's not available (except maybe on the Sales pages of the forum), so then I checked another thread that compares LEs to General Catalog scents, and it says Jester, Shango, Tweedledee, Tweedledum, Xanthe The Weeping Clown, Croquet are similar to Mi-Go BrainCanister

so... you might try some of those. If I were you, I would look up each one in the Reviews section, and read what other people thought of each one, then you could make a more informed decision... Although keep in mind, with perfume oils especially, your body chemistry can make something smell completely different than it does on someone else. Good luck!

Definitely try these two from the Mad Tea Party: Mouse's Long and Sad Tale and High Strung Daisies. They are very light and sweet and girly- very "pink" feeling.