Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
allidavie

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Bottled happiness. Helps reverse misfortune, brings light and laughter to even the most troubled and discordant place, and aids in alleviating the stress and discontent that accompanies so many of life's daily trials.

Fruity. Candy-ish. Sweet. Pink. Girly. Happy.
Not at all what I was expecting when I tried this. Now, when I need to remind myself that life is
short and make it what you want, I sniff this. Edited by Schmoozy

ugh, this it not making me joyful. sickeningly sweet, cloying, like fake cherry candy flavoring. i have a feeling there's lotus in this. after a few minutes a heavy, creamy vanilla appears, making things more tolerable, but still not exactly pleasant. others seem to enjoy it so i'm sure it's a skin chemistry issue. off to swaps!

This is the most bipolar perfume I've ever encountered, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Straight out of the bottle I get crushed berries dusted with sugar. About 30 seconds later, it totally changes into that melted marshmallow, vanilla, pound-cakey smell everyone mentions. I like it, but it totally caught me off guard. I felt like I was walking down the street, minding my own business, and 30 seconds later BOOM! I wake up tied to a chair saying, "My name is Henry! Who is Edward?"*** Yeah. I absolutely love this. It was COMPLETELY unexpected. I've never had a scent do such a abrupt change, in which I can't even detect the first notes after it morphs. I can't see wearing it ALL the time, but I'll definitely wear it. Awesome!

***Yes, that's a reference to "My Own Worst Enemy." I think it's my favorite new show. Not favorite show, but favorite new.

This does not bring me joy.

I know a lot of people love it and I wish I were one. On me, though, this turns into a nauseatingly fake strawberry -- in fact, it smells exactly like Strawberry Shortcake's plastic head. Burning.

Citrusy bubblegum, I think. Lemon and orange and effervescent pink gum. I think I'm right in line with everyone else with those impressions. Slightly baby powder tinged after awhile with a faint doctor's office overtone. I think the latter impression may be related to the fact that Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo reminds me of the bubblegum-flavored grit they use to polish your teeth at the dentist.

Though the notes aren't really the same, this oil seems like the bastard half-sister of Bon Vivant. Same sort of feel. Some people have identified strawberry in this scent, so maybe that's what's bringing it to mind. I like it better than Bon Vivant and it has a certain childlike charm to it, but it's not really a happiness potion for me.

For me it was some cloying sweetness impossible to detect, and I had to wash it off. I was so nauseated I `m even scared to retry it. No lemon bubblegum for me :P

In bottle: Bubblegum with something sharp underneath. Wet: Bubblegum, Vanilla, something hard to identify, but pleasant enough, possibly amber or some other incense. It is vaguely like cake, though not as much as, say, Eat Me. Dry: Vaguely floral, with a hint of bubblegum, and a rich fruity undertow.

This is the 5th Bpal perfume oil I tested and my favorite so far. I love how it makes me smell like pumpkin bread for hours, and I mean that in a good way. Definitely getting a bottle of this.

Edited by aaskie

I thought this would be perfect as I love sweet scents, but on drydown it smells exactly like cheap strawberry lip gloss on me. So sad - I had such high hopes.

I got this as a frimp in my first order of six imps, and although I've already tried a few, this is my first write-up.

In the imp: Candy. A very specific kind of candy that I just can't place, like something I had as a kid and have forgotten about. Definitely something fruit-flavored.

Wet on wrist: Instantly warmer, instantly spicier, and applely. Mmmm.

I'd wanted something with cinnamon, but I didn't get any. But, mmm, cinnamon, mixed with other spices.

Stays the same as it dries. I asked my mom to sniff, and she got 'drugstore aisle,' but couldn't place why. I said spices, and she realized it was potpourri she was thinking of. She doesn't smell any of the apple.

We both got 'Christmas time' from it.

Unfortunately, it seems to be giving me a headache, despite that I'm enjoying it. I don't want to wash it off, but I will.

Verdict: Probably not a keeper. Maybe I'll see how it smells on fabric or in an oil burner. :sad:

Edited by JenniNikki

Imp: Juicy Fruit. It doesn't so much smell like Juicy Fruit (none of that powder!) but more like Juicy Fruit tastes.

Wet: I think there be lotus here. Definitely getting that gummy pink sweetness I get from lotus. There's also a strong, sappy citrus note. I want to be contrary and say this is kumquat or some other rarer citrus. I don't get a straight up lemon vibe from it but there is definitely a citrus here.

Dry: Pure, bright, bubblegummy yumminess. It's very sweet, girly and not at all serious. A nice sweet/tart edge to it.

Throw: Mild.

Overall: I think I need this more for the happiness properties than anything else but I've been nothing but crotchety since putting it on. I prefer Jailbait for my bubblegum fix.

Whoa, this does smell like bubblegum! Both in the imp and on the skin - bubblegum! But like, complex and wearable bubblegum! Oh, now it's getting a little bit like Fruit Punch, too. Bubblicious Fruit Punch flavored bubble gum...but in a good way! :lol: I'll definitely try this one out sometime when I'm feeling down. So glad to have a decant! :)

Yup, Jailbait minus the womanly perfume! Bubblegum, luscious and sweet. Tropical fruit bubblegum, not quite as intense as juicy fruit. It does make me happy when I smell it!

Big time morpher. On wet this was the smell of fresh baked gooey cinnamon rolls :) all brown sugar and cinnamon. Then it dried all the way and I was left with a lght, creamy floral with lots of sugar. Not bad, but not as tasty as when it was wet.

Sweet bubble gum with a hint of cinnamon, maybe? It's quite nice, but too sweet for my liking. Probably not something I'd reach for often.

Rating (1-5) - 3

Never something I'd wear on my skin, but does what it says on the bottle :lol: In my oil burner, Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo is an explosion of bubble-gum-sweet lotus, with a bit of something almost strawberry-cotton-candy-esque. Maybe a trace of spice, too, but the overwhelming feel is PINK... Not the kind of thing I'd want to smell on a daily basis, but when I'm stuck in a dukkha rut (like today), it gives me a good kick in the pants & helps me let go of all the ruminative, negative thoughts cluttering up my mind. I have to use it sparingly, though, and follow it up with something a bit more grounding (one of the TAL Temples, usually, or Block Buster) - it is an undeniably giddy scent, not exactly conducive to a work day ;)

Like others have said, this is very much a pink scent.

Spun sugar, lotus, and strawberries with a hint of sugary lemon drops =) Dries down to the same, minus the lemon drops, with an added touch of sweetish musk. Every now and again I get a fleeting hint of barely there clove, too. I LOVE this!! As far as its intended purpose, I can say that when I'm wearing it, things that might normally annoy me or get on my nerves are shrugged off without a care :)

Perfume-wise, if you like Pink Moon '05, Strawberry Moon, Velvet Unicorn, to name a few, you'll love this.

Edited by Eros

In the vial: Super strong candy. Nearly chemical scent. Like, bathroom cleaner. :umm:

Wet: More of that almost lemony cleaning chemical scent.

Drydown: On my silly skin (that tends to swallow up all scent), it just doesn't last long or have a good throw whatsoever. It eventually (after 15 minutes or so) just leaves the subtlest hint of something sweet. Hm, finally morphing a bit-- slightly powdery now.

Verdict: It's actually not bad in a non-perfume sort of way, but it's certainly not bottle-worthy. Though, I do seem to feel a bit cheered now despite not liking the scent. (But that could just be because I'm still stoked cheshirecat that sweetheart frimped me this and some other amazing gooides! ;))

Sweet hard candy with a twist of something sharp. In the imp, it is mostly hard candy but on me, something almost acidic comes up that gives this scent its sharpness. I imagine a handful of pink rock candy held together by ribbons of melted cotton candy. This scent is so sweet it makes my teeth ache but it is very good at making me think of the carnival.

Wow. Creamy, fruity, awesomeness.

As it dries.. Started off like bubblegum, but is drying down into something more like cotton candy? Maybe a little like jelly beans. Up close it smells a little strange.. Like there's that bubblegum-myrrh peeking through.

From a distance it's nicer though. Very candy-sweet. Maybe a little too artificially sweet. Still definitely a nice happy scent. I think I'd wear this occasionally.

As its almost fully dry it gets back a little bit of it's creaminess (so it is less hard candy-sweet). It still smells partly artificial, but I don't think I mind it. I think this might, in the end, smell like the artificial strawberry in little girl lip gloss. Almost too much? It goes through a lot of really interesting phases though.