Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shriekingviolet

good enough for now

Wow this took longer than I thought it would, but that's okay because it's (mostly) done. The posts and memberships seem to have all moved without a problem, but if you see something/someone missing let me know. Or any other problems of course. I'm sure I slipped up somewhere. Mind fuddled with too little sleep.

There was a few problems with some of the tags/images during the conversion process. The converter decided to skip alot of the closing tags messing things up a bit. I've cleaned up most of the posts, but I might have missed some and I didn't finish the ones in the review section. It also decided to eat all of the image tags (except for the sig ones which is odd), but it just turned them into links so I left them as is. You'll notice this forum layout is less flexible and forgiving to large pics, so please if you're posting a large image, just link it rather than just posting it up and save my sense of aestheticism. :D Some of the smilies posted in posts don't show up either since some of the codes on this forum are different but that shouldn't be a big deal. I added a TON of new smilies to placate you all anyway. :P

You'll also notice there are subforums in the review section! I haven't got around to moving all of the threads yet, but I'll finish that today, If you post a new review with an existing thread, just go ahead and post it there. If it's a scent that hasn't been reviewed, post it in the appropriate category. Shollin, quantum and Slyth_witch, if you have time and feel like moving review threads, go on right ahead. If not, I'll just get back to work on it later this afternoon.

Ummm I feel like there was more I planned on saying, but I don't really remember. Oh if there are any volunteers for more mods, a few of the forums (randomness in particular) are getting big enough to where they might be useful. I might add another on to Reviews to help Shollin out. PM in if you're interested.

I'm sure I'll think of something later that I forgot. But I'm going to bed anyway.

The forum looks great. I love the designs.

Thank you for your hard work and I hope you sleep well :D

Edited because I just looked at the 'Review' section and wanted to say how wonderful it is :P

wow wow wow!! This look amazing!! :P

Props for all the hard work you guys must have been putting in!! I was a bit worried there for a bit when the furum seemed to be down...

xxxx

It'll take a bit of getting used to, but everything seems to work...

Aww it looks snazzy hon...

But you already knew I loved it. Kudos on all your hard work!!!

*so addicted she logged on from her moms computer that she "borrowed"* :D :P

Honestly, everyone's been so fabulous about following the review format that I haven't had any trouble at all keeping the place in order... I think a second mod there is fairly unnecessary.

All the review threads have been sorted - if you see something out of place let me know. Hellfire is in Limited Editions at the moment just because it's unavailable - I'm moving it back under the main category as soon as I get mod access to the subforums. :P The other two that are left without a subforum are upcoming scents that aren't on the site yet and so don't have a category.

The new place looks great - thanks so much!

Diana, the forum is BEAUTIFUL. I am absolutely stunned. I love the graphics, I love the colors, I love everything you've done.

Thank you! You are truly a goddess!!!

WoW - this is a stunning forum!! I got all confused :P and re-registered so sometimes I might appear as ClaireJ!! Dufus me!!! :D But really you've done a fab job!!

Claire xxx

shollin - i moved it into sin & salvation and added a description (which shows up with the thread name, eh) that noted that it was discontinued

Thank you to everyone who works so hard on all the pieces of this and who worked with the previous site - I appreciate your time and effort so much!

By the way, you've pleased me no end with the purple, ShriekingViolet - I feel right at home! Beautifully done all around. :P

Thanks for all of the praise everyone. Makes me feel all fuzzy inside. :D

I do realize the change in forum scripts might confuse a few people, so if anyone has any questions, do email me and I'll answer them ASAP.

New features to note though: if you go into "My Controls" (how you edit your profile, sig, personal board settings, etc.) there's an option to put your personal photo in there, as well as an option to change the forum "skin." If this layout's a little much or you have a really slow connection or something, the plain original forum design that comes with the board is still available for you.

Also if you look at the code buttons on your posting screen, you'll notice there are radio buttons marked "guided" and "normal" mode. If you select guided mode, you'll find that when you want to post links or images, the forum will help you along by prompting you for the url and the text you want for the link (or just the url for an image) so you don't have to stumble over coding it yourself. It also guides you through all of the other tags as well. The option can be turned on and off during your post as often as you like.

Also it doesn't automatically close any font tags that you put in, but it keeps track of all your open tags as you'll see in a text box below the tag buttons. You'll also see an asterick inside the Bold, Italic or Underline button if you have one of those tags open. Just click that button again and it'll close the tag wherever your cursor is. There is also a link marked "close all tags" next to the font and color drop boxes, so if you click that as you finish your post, it'll close any you have open.

Also, there's a "quick reply" option at the bottom of every thread. click the button and a reply box will open up if you don't want to load the full post reply page.

Other feature to note: if you put in your birthday in your profile, notice of your birthday will be added to the calendar (there's a link in the layout) and the forum script will wish you a happy birthday too. I think anyone can add other events to the calendar as well so if there any important holidays or events, fell free to add.

Errr I think I covered everything important. Gods know I'll probably pop back in and mention other features when I remember, I keep eyeing new features to add to the forum, but I think I'll hold off until everyone gets settled. There's a hack that I want to install where you can imput your mood every time you post and it'll display in the side of your post with your avatar, post count and join date.

OK I'm going to step away from the computer now and force myself to eat. :P

Looks great, Diana.  I hope you didn't stay up too late finishing this :D

errr.....

:D :D :P

The important thing is that I *finished* it and finally got everything how my neurotic little heart wanted it to be.

Besides I had taken a nap earlier in the day and was wired until like 5 am. So it was only the last 2 hours that were hard.

Well done shriekingviolet! It must have been a huge job, and you deserve to be really proud. It's beautiful.

The hard work is very much appreciated - a big thank you to everyone involved with creating and maintaining both fora. :P :D

Sign in to follow this