Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Lobban

A wonderfully potent spiritual purification blend.

Lemon zest, a dash of black pepper, and some light wildflower all jump out when this first goes on. Uplifting and fresh without being stringent, Lobban quickly dries down to a warm green floral with definite citrus tones.

Initial Impression:

Herby and sharp, but not in a herbal tea sort of way. Kind of like walking through an herb garden when someone's harvesting. There might be something like lemon peel or bergamont here.

After Wearing It:

This scent was clean almost to the point of smelling a bit soapy. Maybe there's some sort of freesia note in it? That always reminds me of laundry detergent. This scent is a green, herby floral with sharp notes like lemon in it.

Final Thoughts:

Not really my type of fragrance at all, but the effects of it were definitely soothing. Might have to keep around for high anxiety days.

I really suck at descriptions but if anyone has ever smelled Lush's Sunny Citrus soap... Lobban reminds me of it. I really like it.

This started out as a very nice spicy citrus :P ... then it reacted with my chemistry :D 5 minutes after putting it on it started to turn HEAVILY floral with a chemical note, after an hour it was like two full cans of Lysol in a florist shop. Stopped by to see a friend and actually overpowered the reheated fish chowder. :D

On the bright side, my girlfriend likes it straight out of the bottle and wants to try it in her oil diffuser, so we may get more of this at some point.

Crisp and citrusy.

I can see why this scent is intended to be purifying, it feels like it cuts through gummed-up tought processes and emotional trafic jams. This is a "wait a minute, let's look at this objectively" kind of scent.

Almost as if the citrus note gives you something to grab onto and re-center yourself.

Too bad it fades quickly, though. Be ready to re-apply during the day.

I'll admit that I'm not the great nose some of the other folks are, but I really like this!

Cleanly (but sweetly) lemon, with a hint of the floral in Baobhan Sith and others, vaguely tea-ish.

What really struck me about this scent is that it's all I wanted out of Phobos without the musk.

However, it's a citrus note, and naturally doesn't last very long. Great none the less!

First Impression: Citrus???? Lemon??? No, not at all. In the bottle, I get Tushnamatay with layers of fresh flowers.

Second Impression: Lobban is pure, candy-sweet lilacs to my nose. This brings back such memories of the lilac tree in the yard of where we grew up. *contented sigh*

Final Analysis: Oh, I adore this. This imp will be treasured and enjoyed!

Lobban is lovely. I definitely smell some resemblance to Tushnamatay! It's a warm, grounded, sweet citrus, which, as it turns out, is the perfect type of citrus for me to wear.

In line with it's use as a spiritual purification blend, I used it the other day after coming home from an absolutely revolting day at work. I just felt like I'd been dragged down by a lot of negative energy. I dabbed some Lobban on and mentally "let go" of all the bad stuff, did some yoga, and went to bed. It had a wonderfully calming, centering and, yes, purifying and refreshing effect on me.

This is delicate and lovely as an unobtrusive room scent that doesn't take over the space, but just makes it smell fresh, warm, and inviting.

I just ordered a 10ml, and I'm so glad to get some more of this before it's gone forever.

:P

On my skin, Lobban smells very lemony but it is a warm citrus as opposed to the chilly note one finds in Phobos, for instance.

As is the case with most of the citrus scents, the top note faded away pretty quickly and the blend then mellowed into a very nice soft warm scent.

Very soft and comforting :P

In the bottle: Very lemony fruity with a hint of herbal.. not too shabby at all.

On: still lemony, but after a few minutes, something else starts to come out, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. It's still slightly herbal with a touch of light floral, but it's *something* else, too. grrr. damn my nose.

Mmm.. this one smells lovely! It's not overwhelmingly fruity or floral or citrusy (once the lemon fades). it's just soft, not too sweet, and very pretty. quite nice on a gal, but i can see it working well for a guy, too. I'd be sniffing him constantly.. hopefully he won't mind.

Lobban! Lemons jump out of the vial. This is a very "bright" scent. Under the lemons, there are flowers, and I have a brief worry that it's going to smell like a household cleanser. It ends up smelling like lilacs, though, which is fantastic! I'm not sure about spiritual purification, but this makes me feel cheerful. :P

i do not really care for most citrus blends, this however is nice, there is a floral undertone, but the lemon is a fresh lemon rind, it doesn't ahve the candy smell like lemonheads that some do it is fresh clean yummy lemon w/ a bit of some hiding flower. keeper for sure

at first: something sweet and something almost musky and lemon. very nice and soothing.

on: wonderful. i think i smell lemon and musk.

1 hour later: very soft. this would be nice for meditating because it would give me something to focus on but wouldn't be distracting.

2.5 hours later: still a bright, soft musk with a hint of lemon.

overall: this is the perfect way to wind down at the end of the workweek. i'll definitely be using it when i get home every friday.

In bottle: Very sharp. It reminds me somewhat of paint remover.

On me: Honestly I can barely smell this. Faint citrus and a lot of wildflowers springing up in a green field. It's definitely much stronger as a floral on me.

Bottle (Imp): Oooh, that's different. NO clue what it is, but I LIKE it. I don't even know how to articulate what it triggers in my head.

Just On: It's orange. Not the fruit, the color. It makes me think of the color orange.

An hour or two later: I still get such a vivid view of the color orange in my head from this, although it has morphed slightly.

Around 6 hours: Now I think I can smell a bit of flowers. A little bit powdery, in the good way.

12 hours: There's a little bit left, and I still feel like it's the color orange.

Overall: This is very nice. I wanted to keep sniffing it over and over.

After reading other reviews: Apparently, whatever citrus in this doesn't smell like citrus to me, but evokes the orange color in my head. I think this is one to keep around, and I would buy a big bottle of it if I could.

Lobban - Almost instantly, I’m enchanted by the scent of blossoming lilacs! It’s an even stronger lilac than Dragon’s Eye. (I can't believe the other reviewers don't smell lilac!) It reminds me of a beautiful spring day when everything is in bloom, and the scent of lilacs fills the air. There is a hint of something similar to lemon underneath the lilac (way underneath it) but it’s not a lemon Pledge scent as much as a light lemon zest scent. About 45 minutes after application, I notice something green peeking through, like the scent of green leaves or grass. The scent doesn’t morph any more beyond this point, and remains beautiful and for the first hour or so, I get lovely wafts of lilac, but during the second hour, it begins to fade fast, and by the end of the 2nd hour, it has almost completely disappeared. It’s a beautiful fragrance that I won’t be giving up any time soon. I wish Beth would re-release it!

Edited by edenssixthday

Lobban is pure lemon dish soap on me. Herbal, lemony, and soapy. After fifteen minutes or so, I'm also picking up some sort of sharp and astringent floral note behind the citrus-soapiness.

The combination of sharp florals, citrus, and soap is not good at all on me. This is my anti-scent :P

In Bottle: Powdery incense

On Skin: I get musky incense with a slight citrus twist… not at all the sharp lemon other people have mentioned. The incense has a light smoke which is actually quite comforting and warm. The musk gives it a depth that also warms the scent but also makes it a little sexy. The scent turns powdery pretty quick. The lemon comes forward more as the scent develops as well as a very light sweet floral. All in all a beautiful scent but it is very light and I have to inhale deeply several times to really get a feel for it. Very light throw and short to average wearlength.

Reminds me of cleaning fluid. Not icky cleaning fluid, though. Suitable for a cleansing blend, I guess. There's definitely some nice orange to it.

Lobban

In the imp: soft lilacs with a hint of resin.

Wet on skin: frankincense and lilac, I think. Reminds me of Bruja.

Dry: mmm, pretty! This smells like lilacs and frankincense, with a hint of rose, and possibly a little heliotrope as well. It reminds me of Bruja but with the myrrh replaced by frankincense, and a bit less sweet. The lilac doesn’t smell as fresh as the one in Melancholia (the lilac-iest of the lilac scents) but it’s very nice, softened by a gentle warm powdery scent and a little resin.

After a while: it then turns to pure lilacs. Dry lilacs, slightly wilted but still powerfully fragrant. I think I smell a hint of rose behind them too. there’s still the slightest hint of a smooth powdery background but the lilac is the strongest scent here.

And then, after a couple of hours, the lilac moves back and the frankincense comes out even more. A warm resinous scent, golden and soft, surrounding dry flowers. The frankincense-heliotrope scent then starts to gradually remind me of Lionheart mixed with Arcana, there may be some amber in here too.

Verdict: I can’t really give this one a proper review as I only scraped a tiny amount of a sniffy imp with hardly any oil on my arm. It’s a very pleasant scent though-very much dominated by lilac. Some lilacs smell odd on me but this one is really nice. And the lilac is mixed with a wonderful, warm frankincense note, and the scent reminds me of Bruja, but with less amber sweetness. It’s a lovely mix of golden resin and lilacs, and at drydown I get a slight hint of the drydowns of Lionheart and Crucible of Courage-that warm, soft heliotrope with rose and a little bit of resin. Very pretty. I haven’t tried it for purpose yet but the scent of this oil is one of the nicer, more wearable voodoo oils for me.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? I haven’t got much at all, but I think it will be a keeper.

I almost won a partial bottle of this on eBay many moons ago, and I'm glad I didn't. I like the scent okay, but I don't love it, so I'm glad someone else got the bottle. It mostly smells like a soft citrus scent on me. As it dries it becomes almost astringent. There must be some herbs in there too. But it's really soft, and I don't think it's offensive at all. It's just not my thing.

I really love the way Lobban smells. When I apply it to my skin I immediately get a soft, creamy burst of lemon. That fades off quickly, though, and from there I get the sweetest, softest most feminine floral. I really can't decide if it's lilies or lilacs or some of both. Behind that I can almost, almost smell some rose but I wonder if my nose is playing tricks on me.

This is so uplifting and gorgeous. Breathy. Bright.

Wow, no reviews of this for awhile--I received a frimp with my last Lab order; I would love it if this came back! I set the imp aside for an appropriate moment to use it with intent. Last night, I was feeling really upset and at a loss how to handle a situation. I couldn't even remember what Lobban was supposed to do, but I grabbed it and put it on while I did a Tarot reading. Now, I won't go so far as to say that Lobban "fixed" the issue; I still had to address it. However, this beautiful soft floral did bring me comfort. To my nose it smelled like one of the Southern flowers--gardenia or magnolia; probably the latter, as it had a slight citrus touch to it, and magnolias do have that distinctive lemony-creamy-gorgeousness. As an Atlanta girl, I found it so calming, like a breath of home.

What I find amazing and moving is reading the reviews now and seeing that, for others, Lobban has taken on a lilac or other aspect, according to what others find comforting and home-like. Now that I see it is intended for "spiritual purification", that makes sense. I really hope it comes back and I can get a bottle; it was indeed good for my spirit.

In the bottle: Golden yellow oil. Lilac and grapefruit. Light, floral, airy.

Wet: Almost chemically harsh in how brightly floral LILAC it is. The grapefruit is quite juicy and sweet, and there might be another citrusy note here too. Lemon?

Dry: I love lilac in theory, but it just never seems as good in perfume as it does in real life. :( It's going soapy. The citruses are holding well, at least, to cut the floral.

Later: Well, this is the most well-behaved lilac scent I've tried. It never goes beyond that hint of soap, and it doesn't turn to powder. It's not overwhelming, either.

Summary: This is a pretty simple scent. White grapefruit zest and a whole fuckton of (bearably) heady LILAC. It's definitely the truest lilac BPAL scent, and it's very clean, airy, and doesn't morph. Decent throw & longevity.

I like the final drydown, but the early stage isn't so great, and I'm just not a fan of lilac in perfume it seems, despite it being my favourite actual flower. *sigh*