Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
nekogrrl

La Primavera Bath Oil

Lemon peel, tuberose, sugar cane, plum blossom, white gardenia, dandelion, violet leaf, jonquil, iris, sandalwood, Damascus rose, white grapefruit, mint, and sweet orange.

Got this today (along with L'Autumno, those reviews come tomorrow) and it happened to be that I hadn't taken a shower yet. No better time like the present to test it out!

I start my bath, and pour some of the oil in. Immediately I am surrounded by a cloud of finely blended florals, with a strong undertone of mint. However, due to the citrus and sandalwood (and mint), the florals aren't overpoweringly cloying. I would say the dominant floral was the tuberose/Damascus rose, but the dandelion, iris, jonquil, gardenia and plum blossom come up and surround the rose, supporting it closely. The undertone of the citrus and mint return the florals to earth - these are flowers still planted in the earth and growing, not cut off from their roots and placed in water somewhere.

So yes, this is spring in a bottle. Early-blooming flowers reaching toward the warming sun through the earth. Yum.

Very sweet and clean! It smells like sweet flowers to me, and there's a cool whisper to it that I'm guessing is that mint. I can't pick out each individual note, but this is lovely. And so complex!

With the perfume: It smells like sugared florals. It's like the florals in each are turned up a bit, but aren't overpowering, just refreshing and lovely. This is a work of art!

I get a lot of sweet, light florals in this. They are sweet and multi-colored. The dandelion and tuberose and plum blossom jump out the most and they have a nice little flash of lemon peel to really brighten things up. It's truly lovely, especially when the touch of sandalwood and ever-so-subtle mint come in to smooth things out. This is yet another work of art!

It's definitely floral plus mint. This one actually reminds me more of the early parts of spring, with leaves and blossoms just beginning to poke through. It also reminds me quite a bit of Beltane 2008, minus the smoke.

The scent really lasts-- granted, I think I put a little too much in my water the first time (I came out kinda greasy :P ) but I could smell it on my skin the next morning. This has definitely made me very excited to try the other BPTP bath oils.

The La Primavera set has been such a pleasant surprise for me :P. I tend to be a floral-hater, and somehow I really like the La Primavera bath oil and perfume (am iffy on the atmosphere spray and hated the soap). I hate tuberose and iris, and have trouble with lemon, grapefruit, and gardenia scents.

If I rub this directly on my skin, I get a little bit of the mint along with the lemon, sugar, and floral. The mint makes it cool, the lemon makes it fresh, and the sugar and floral are soft and sweet on me. The mint fades quickly, though, and then this is mostly sweet orange, lemon, and floral, which makes me think of a soft, pretty orange blossom with a sharp zing from the lemon...

In the bath, it's more of a crisp scent (sweet mint, snappy floral, and something that smells herbal to me?), while it's more of a sweet, soft orange scent on my skin afterwards.

Edited by Tania

I'm using this as an aftershower moisturizer and I must admit it is a suprise- it's the one season I seriously debated not getting. I'm getting a slightly citrusy Coppertone effect, and not much florals. I know it sounds weird, but it's absolutely yummy! It reminds me of the beach without being obnoxious. The perfume is super sweet, so this balances out the total effect. Very long lasting fragrance!

Spring flowers and greenery. The tuberrose was the most apparent, but the mint and dandelion were also there. As it is the bath oil and not a perfume oil, the rose didn't amp on me like it usually does; If I rinse, I get the good scents, with none of the ampage. I discovered this with the L'Autunno oil and the sage in that.

My husband likes this one, which is saying a great deal since he usually does not comment on my scents at all. I'm more neutral, but, mostly that's because its a floral. I have a hard time getting very enthused about most florals. Still, as he likes it, I'll keep it and use it.

Sniffed only:

Soft, rich, bright. Primarily a fruity floral- it reminds me much of the perfume oil - and both are incredibly complex. As with the perfume oil and the L'Estate bath oil, the blend is so complex and harmonious I can't immediately pick out notes. Gardenia is high and heady, tuberose clean and bright, while the iris adds more depth, with lush rose and fresh jonquil in the distance. Tiny hints of of bitter green dandelion and gently herbal violet leaf. The sugar cane, plum blossom and and mint come through quite strongly, but I can barely pick out the lemon and grapefruit. The sandalwood isn't distinct, but I can tell it's there because this blend has a slightly sharp dryness to it which neither of the other items in the set has.

I love fruity floral scents and this one is just gorgeous. I purchased this oil at the last west coast will call and I am so happy I did. I too have been using it as an in-shower moisturizer and I am loving how it leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturized and smelling fresh and beautiful. It has a gentle cloud of throw on me that lasts most of the day. I really couldn't be happier with this product.

The scent itself is dominated by the citrusy lemon/orange/grapefruit scent at first with the gardenia and tuberose notably hovering behind. The mint, sandlewood and sugar cane notes are subtle players that seem to round the scent out so it doesn't get too brightly floral or sharply citrus. After a few hours the citrus scent fades on me but the florals stay soft and pretty. I really couldn't be happier with this scent!

I have to say that we don't get too much of the citrus, it's more of a soft floral with a light citrus overlay. The scent, however, is perfect for a bath - when you want it to smell good, but not too much like any particular thing. It was nice and moisturizing and afterwards the bathroom smelled like spring flowers.

What is not to love? :P

La Primavera bath oil

In bottle: tuberose and plum blossom.

On skin: this is very pretty! The tuberose is dominant, followed closely by the plum blossom and the rose. The PB in here is different to the one in the perfume, in that it’s not the Hanami-like one, but the one that is in Earth Rat and Peony Moon etc. This PB usually turns bad on me but in here it’s behaving, maybe because it is not as concentrated. I can smell hints of violet and orange, a little bit of sweetness from the sugar cane, a touch of green from the dandelion, and underneath there’s a rich white gardenia note. but this scent is dominated by the florals. And it’s very pretty. Though sadly over time, the PB note does gradually turn on me. not turning downright bad on me, like it usually does, but smelling a tiny bit cloying and wilted, and overwhelming the other flowers. I can smell traces of rose, and still a decent amount of tuberose, but the plum blossom is a little too much for me-even if I were to use this in the bath. I much prefer the more crystalline-smelling PB in the perfume, and the scent of the spray.

Such a pretty scent - light and floral with a tad bit of citrus. Beautiful & soft blend that makes my legs feel SO SMOOTH!

*thumbs-up here*

First off, I have to say how much I absolutely adore the lab's bath oils. I don't use them as bath oils though, I use them as shower time moisturizers-rub em into my skin while I shower, let it soak in, and then lightly rinse it off. Do this, and my gawd, you will never have dry skin again. So amazing. So functionally, I freakin love these.

In terms of scent, this is absolutely lovely. A sweet spring fruity flower mixture. It is QUITE strong, I find that after I use it I don't want to put on any other perfume unless it's the La Primavera perfume oil, which it layers with beautifully. I find that the strongest notes are the plum blossom, tuberose and sugar cane, but it is far more complex than that. It is hard to describe because it is so masterfully blended. Overall, if you enjoy fresh fruity florals (like the La Primavera perfume oil), this bath oil is such a treat!

Edited by Suu4LC

Wow, normally the lab's bath oils broadcast long and strong on my skin, but La Primavera is quite soft and lasts only a few hours. I use the oils as perfume, mostly because I'd probably have to dump the whole bottle into my bath to be able to smell it and well, that's a huge waste. On my skin, the gardenia is king. Ah gardenia, I just don't like your scent. I have always found the scent of gardenia, whether real, in perfume, whatever, to be shrill, high-pitched, and generally hugely unpleasant, although my mother loves it. But miracle of miracles, here it isn't sharp and shrill. It hovers on the edge, yes, but doesn't cross. I think the other florals are holding the gardenia back some, hurray! I can never isolate the other floral notes individually, they're quite muted even when the gardenia takes the occasional step out, but they're nice. I think that the bath oil would be a good complementary scent to wear with the perfume oil, although I haven't tried it, because I find the perfume to be quite sharp, and the bath oil is more mellow.

In the vial, a touch of lemon, mint, gardenia. It goes on springy, all lemon and mint.

On my skin, the gardenia blossomed immediately. But after rinsing there's a mix of florals in which the gardenia is only one of several well blended notes. The plum blossom in particular comes out nicely. There's also mint, citrus, and something I guess is the sandalwood. It is gentler and more complex than I expected.

This layers particularly nicely with Faiza, the Black Mamba.

La Primavera was such a surprise hit with me. Florals can be hit or miss on my skin, and I can only usually wear one or two at time. This minty sweet bath oil was a floral explosion, but in a wonderful way. I can definitely make out the white gardenia, rose, tuberose and mint. After is has had a chance to settle down, the florals start to linger in the background and the lemon peel, sweet orange and grapefruit make an appearance. Sandalwood serves only to ground the blend and bring in a touch of woods to balance the rest. As a bath oil, this is one heck of scent. It is very strongly scented and lasts forever. Like Suu, I don't need any other perfume on top this, it sinks in fast and leaves the skin ridiculously soft. :wub2: