Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The essence of the pure, unsullied virgin moon and of the huntress that stalks her prey by the moon's light: amaranth, musk rose, juniper, chaste tree, sweet bay, chamomile, rose mallow, Madonna lily, blue musk, wisteria, and iris.

Oh wow. A floral explosion, tempered by chamomile and chaste tree. It has a slightly cool tone to it, yet the chamomile really softens and soothes Dyan Moon. With all the florals inside, musk rose is really the only one that is dominant. As it dries down, the juniper adds a certain hint of spice and the blue musk tends to give it a dark and dusty feel. After awhile Dyan Moon goes herbal, and the floral explosion has settled to a herbal rose explosion. Edited by Schmoozy

Hello again, Sleepy Moon - haven't sniffed you for a while.

The chamomile and amaranth are very pronounced in Dyan Moon, which I find to be mostly herbal - not floral.

It gives me the impression of hot, dry herbs instead of an invocation of moonlit hunting virgins. In fact it reminds me of a hot barn with herbs drying from the rafters.

That said, I find Dyan Moon to be good for days when I would rather be gardening, and for drifting off to sleep. It's not a feminine or sexy scent but sometimes you just want to play in the dirt.

Glad I have a bottle and need to try it as a room scent as well.

In the bottle: Sweet and musky, slightly planty, with a soapy after-scent.

Wet: Sharp, gently sweet, chamomile and sweet bay give it an herbal feel underneath the rather sharp florals. I get the musk rose, but it's blending with something to smell somewhat sour - possibly the chaste tree or juniper, though I don't get anything piney at all. The blue musk starts to appear more strongly, tempering the sharp, sour florals. This becomes more musky and less astringent. I still smell a rose-like scent, as well as some of the other florals. The chamomile holds its own as well, adding a hint of smoothness. This is pretty strong and somewhat blowsy. Big, slightly over-ripe bouquet of mixed flowers, stabilized by the musk and chamomile... which are now amping - musky chamomile with a floral back-drop.

Dry: While this settles down a lot and becomes more of a traditional perfume scent, something about it just never clicks for me. It's a discordent scent.

In the imp this had an astringent quality to it.

Worn on my skin, it smells exactly like bubbles solution plus rose. pleasant enough, but not really me.

At first sniff, this was nicely floral. Then, the dreaded rose came out, wearing its stompy boots, and proceeded to tap dance all over absolutely everything else. Now all I get is old lady rose-scented lotion. :P

What I get from this when I put it on is a very white scent-- floral, but not overwhelmingly so. It remind me of Ophelia, which is kind of hard to explain. Also, it kind of reminds me of Libertine-- do they both have chamomile? I think so.

As it dries down, it becomes more of a dry floral scent-- I think what I'm smelling her is the wisteria. There's something a little fussy about the scent in this stage, a stiff floral if you sniff at it deeply.

Overall, though, this blend is nothing if not gentle. I think it would be a good blend to put on before going to sleep.

Sniffed from imp: inky black night time from my childhood, not harsh, just quiet. Something about it really reminds me of my grandmother Omi. She used to keep a beautiful garden with roses, fruit trees, herbs, etc. I would spend summers with her, often sneaking out late at night (sometimes alone, sometimes with my best friend) to play in her wonderful yard in the moonlight, dodging my mean old grandfather who would yell at us to come inside, the risk adding to the fun, whispers required!

Going on, it smells like a herbal rose soap. Not a gross soap smell, just clean. It becomes a bit stronger as time goes on, quite clearly rose but in my opinion never getting TOO rosey (I like rose but I dislike when it completely dominates or smells too "wet"). This becomes a gorgeous, subtle rose with a dusting of herbs. Unbelievably pretty. For such a delicate scent, it was still lingering 10 hours later, and I smelled it often during the day, just a sweet reminder now and again. This is a perfume I would wear in honor of my Omi, who just passed away. Not because it smells like old lady perfume, but because it captures her grace and beauty, and reminds me of her wonderful rose bushes. It is the kind of scent I wouldn't wear just casually, though... it has a stateliness to it. This will go with a tasteful dress. I've purchased a bottle and I'm very happy. :smile:

Edited by starryeyedcrocodile

This goes on floral, and I can definitely smell gardenias at first. As it dries down, it turns into a mix of florals and green--like flowers you smell while walking outdoors. I smell something that seems almost citrussy, then realize it is the juniper in the scent.

Over time, this turns into a tangy herbal-floral scent, which eventually turns into a lingering floral-herbal soapy scent. It's not a sharp or unpleasant soapiness, just a clean, fresh herbal and floral combination.

I LOVE this one, so feminine, and gorgeous.. very much goes on a heavy floral and then relaxes into this bouquet of light flowers on your skin. I use it when I am feeling on the fancy elegant lady side !

If your not a floral fan, this isn't for you, but if you are and you like smelling like a gorgeous lady. It will surely please! :wub2:

Trying this one for only the second time since it arrived, I was delighted at how light it was. If scent had a color it would be light blue, to start. Soft watery florals, slightly astringent from..... herbs? Juniper and Bay make it feel 'clear' while grounding it.

The soft florals are so pretty! As it dries, the 'color' of the scent becomes greenish blue - from the herbs - and a bit more astringent. Then, as soon as I realized the complexity of this scent, it became soft, sweet, 'clear' pale blue once again. Then it just fades away.

It's a very pretty scent. It'll definitely get play this summer!

This really does convey the essence of a huntress in the forest with the woods and musk, but there also seems to be a certan tang that makes me think of blood-soaked berries :yum: I know there's no such mention of a thing like that in the notes, but maybe the combination of the other notes makes for this feral and alluring touch that evokes the heat of a pounding heart approaching danger.

I could smell the iris and wisteria in the imp, but it quickly disappeared once on my skin. All I can smell is dry herbs with a bit of sweetness. Meh. To the swap pile it goes.

I got a bottle of this because my name is Dyan. I mean it's a perfume. With my name on it! How could I NOT get my hands on this if possible! I was lucky enough to find someone willing to part with their partial bottle.

I like it. It's very floral. Mostly rose on my me. It's a summer I wear more in warm weather, but not one of my go to scents.

On the other hand, it's a perfume. WITH MY NAME ON IT! I love it just for that, I never had anything with my name on it as a kid.

Dyan Moon

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (BPAL)

A Little Lunacy (Limited Edition)

amaranth, musk rose, juniper,

chaste tree, sweet bay, chamomile,

rose mallow, Madonna lily, blue

musk, wisteria, and iris.

in bottle, very light crisp, sort of an aquatic floral feel.

Wet on skin: floral with the spicy twist from the bay. Not sure what chaste tree is supposed to smell like but there might be a very weak wood note, almost like rosewood. I was a little worried about the juniper but it is very well balanced, not overtaking everything else. The wisteria is actually very strong, which I'm loving!!

somewhere something in generating a very mild citrus-yet-not-citrus undertone. It's not a lemon note or a grapefruit note or neroli..maybe a little more like yuzu? Not verbena either....just a very faint brightness that tarts up the fragrance to keep the florals from getting to aggressive.

final drydown is floral semi freshwater aquatic with a faint warm green note running through it and oddly, the occasional faint whiff of Ivory soap, which I don't mind. I like this rather well, wish I could get my hands on another bottle of it. Doesn't seem to have a lot of staying power though, I really think I need to moisturize my skin before applying scent, it all gets soaked up by how dry my skin is.

Oooh, i left this alone for a little while, to let it settle for a bit and it was worth it! It's a dusty white floral that's to me in the same ballpark as Lucille Sharpe. It's not neccesarily similar, but there's something equal that has this darkness to it yet a sweet light feel, and an "antiquated" feel. I guess that's it. It's complex and sexy. The rose on me is powdery and strong, there's a herby quality to it with the chamomile.

The label art is adorable and screams 20's/flapper chic, and i can imagine this is a perfume that a lady from that time would wear. There's actually something in here that reminds me of the lab's champagne note, which gives it a prickly/bubbly feel, fitting that imagery. It's a rosegold coloured scent. Lovely!!