Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Cheri

April Fool

Huckleberry, white rose, tangerine, nicotiana, lemon blossom, and Fool's Parsley.

I tried a decant of this and was pleasantly surprised.

In decant: rose and tangerine

Wet: mainly getting the sharpness of nicotiana

Drydown: Sweetening up now, getting the huckleberry. The rose and tangerine are coming back, too.

Later: This blooms into a lovely wet floral with a slight herbal edge. Very pretty. Glad I got to try it, will certainly use up my decant.

(EDIT: Added description since this was the top of the page.) Edited by Shollin

Starts off very green- reminded me of fresh cut stems of flowers but I suppose that must be the parsley. In no time at all, the green fades and what emerges is a gorgeous bright floral with a hint of fruit.

I like it muchly.

:::APRIL FOOL:::

A bottle of April Fool was happened upon by happy accident!

The formula was discontinued before any opportunity to test it had come about.

There were tears and bad words.

Then, recently, little sister put it up as a candidate for swap and the 'must have' took over.

April Fool has Huckleberry in it, which is über beloved.

White Rose is also a note which has come into strong favor as explorations of the Lab's formulas ever plumb greater depths.

The label artwork itself is a whimsical and carefree happiness!

From the Bottle: April Fool is very light and very clean... Is shampooey a proper adjective?

April Fool gets associated with The Salon's 'Silence' at this phase; a rainy day indoors with clean hair.

Huckleberry floats to the top along with the White Rose and the Lemon Blossom to make a pure, hydrated, pastel-blue smell... The sunlight that is filtered through clouds before passing through a pane of light blue glass.

The Tangerine is the cleanest tang!

At peace.

On the Skin: April Fool morphs beautifully.

The Noctiana swells in voluptuary splendor that is unparalleled in any other blend that it has played a role in so far.

April Fool waxes rich and sultry.

Spectrally, the blue is still here but more as a pin-striping that accentuates the Daffodil-yellow, the caramel colour, the dark pink, and the muted orange.

A little research has revealed Fool's Parsely to be intricately gorgeous and wild weed that is rumored to have an unpleasant smell...

Well, there's no accounting for taste, because there is nothing at all unpleasant about the make-up of April Fool.

As April Fool dries down a bit, it softens; the edges blur and the wearer is returned to a carefree place in which they might very well drift off to sleep with a smile curling the corners of their lips.

April Fool is really nice.

This is a "fresh out of the shower" fragrance that would suit Him or Her equally.

Wear it when you want a nice day.

April Fool gets a 4.5 out of 5.

Context: I am going through my box of 'keep' bottles, trying to eliminate the things I like but don't absolutely love. This was pushed to the back and I could not remember the last time I wore it, so I put it on my wrist this morning to test.

Straight from the bottle, I thought, yeah, this is one of those scents from my bpal beginnings, where if I didn't dislike it, I kept it. I couldn't place any specific notes, it was well blended, smooth, and just a little 'perfumery' which I associate with rose scents.

Then it warmed, and had almost an eat me quality to it, and I thought, what is this? And came here to see. Never, ever, ever would I have chosen this from the notes list... It is all fruit and roses! Not my style at all.

But it fooled me because I do like it. The citrusy top note is what I get the most of just going about my business. The dusty rose stick close to my skin, and the overall effect is c,ean, but with a dirty little secret.

Still, if there s someone out there coveting this, it would get more use being passed on. I can't decide about this one.

Edited by malibusunny

Auuugh! I really wanted to like this, but all I get is floral baby powder. Ick. I have no idea what note is doing it, since all the notes in the blend generally like my skin. Off to swaps. :cry2:

This reminds me SO much of Arkham Revisited, not the new Arkham (which smells very different to my nose) but the one that came out with the original Picnic in Arkham series in 2005. It's slightly fruitier but still very similar. This is a fruity floral blend with the huckleberry and white rose being dominant. The tangerine doesn't scream ORANGE but adds to the fruity melange. The lemon balm also adds to the fruitiness while also contributing to the slight herbal tones of the parsley. Beautifully balanced and so reminiscent of one of my favorite nostalgic BPAL scents, I think I may need to track down a bottle. :heart:

slightly sweet, a bit green, and a bit bright. I get lemon blossom, tangerine a slight green twang of parsley and a berry background. It's a great mix, bright without being overly citrusy/cleaner, the parsley gives depth, and the berry isn't cloying.

...I never reviewed this when I received it back in 2008. I only made an account in 2010 so this was missed, but I don't recall much about it. I definitely don't wear it though (but kept it because I collect The Fool). I thought I'd try it again now that it's aged.

Wet/Bottle: oof... something strong in the bottle but once on it's quite light. Something sweet I can't pick. Slightly fruity. 

On: Hmm once on me, it makes me think of 0 The Fool from Tarot oils when wet, but less minty (literally smelling them side by side) and more floral. The "mint" must  be from the parsley for me because it emerges more clearly after 10 minutes. I'm also getting citrus and a hint of rose.

Drydown: Fruity! Slightly herbal undertone but really lovely. It's a "warm" scent to me too, really lovely overall. Wow, this definitely did fool me. I didn't think I'd actually like this based off of the notes, but it morphs into something I enjoy. It's light, with a low to medium throw.