Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Concupiscentia

Loving the frankincense!

Temple Viper, Nahemoth...I just noticed how much I adore Bpals frankincense in a sexy blend. There is something blasphemous about it that is exceedingly attractive to me.

What other scents do you love that have frankincense or olibanum?

Jasmine, dragonsblood, apple, pine, rose and heavy florals are my enemies.

Vanilla,wood, musk, fruit, mint, leather, sugar, honey and other warm notes are my lovers.

Penitence is a must.

If you can find any, Midnight Mass is gorgeous, too.

I love frankincense! :P My all time favorite BPAL ever is Midnight Mass, but I also love Rose Cross, Hymn, Penitence, King Cobra, Madonna, Magus, Anne Bonney and Cleopatra. You might want to try the last three if you haven't already - wood notes and Cleo with her honey!

Midnight Mass is probably the best... it's lovely. Sure, it was an LE - but it's not exceedingly rare. I bet you'd have luck with an ISO topic if you decide you're desperate for a sniffie of that.

Resurrection of the Flesh (Salon) and Meskhenet the Vulture Maiden (Carnival Diabolique)!

Thanks, everyone, for the other reccs. I too loooove frankincense.

C'mon gang, where's the Faustus love?

Blasphemous, you say?

"Faustus: An infusion of incalculable power and irresistible temptation. Truly an exercise in megalomania and self-gratification: frankincense and cinnamon, darkened by violet."

Sounds like it's right up your alley.....

I love frankincense and Faustus, but Faustus is more of myrrh blend to me than frankincense. Midnight Mass is beautiful, also Rose Cross.

Penitence sounds like a very incensy blend, Anne Bonny too so I'l take those for strong on frankincense blends. I'll also try Clio and Les Bijoux for warm frankincense perfumes.

I really wanted to love Faustus, but it was not that good on me, Although it was great in the imp.

i, too, love the frankincense! penitence is my #1 BPAL and is one of the few scents that i get compliments on. and no reason not to try it since it's GC.

i also like rose cross, hymn, king cobra, all saints 05, leo 07. i haven't tried midnight mass because it sounds so similar to penitence and some reviewers mention the dreaded pine note that i've found shows up in some batches of BPAL's incense blends. i don't think it actually is pine, it's just that one of the resins seems to occasionally come up smelling sort of like pine in some of their batches. me and that piney resin not DO NOT get a long. that's what ruined all saints 06 and pit and the pendulum for me. my two most painful disappointments since i was soooo excited about them and soooo sure they would work. *sigh*

I noticed Ecipse and Nephilim also contain frankincense even though it is not that noticeable on me. I'll also try King Cobra, I love Snake Oil, so that's a must try.

I was going to recommend Eclipse as it is bursting with frankincense on my skin, but visibly you already tried it.

What about Magus? Or maybe Kostnice? I know you don't want rose, but the floral note in this blend is geranium rose, so that might work better.

I love Eclipse but the frank is faint on me. Kostnice was also an undetectable frankincense on me, I amp florals, especially roses, so even if a rose is okay on me, it's just Rose SN. Actually Nahemoth is the first scent that was a strong frankincense on me. Magus and Cathedral could be worth trying though. That would fill up a frankincense imp pack.

I'll put in a good word for Ra, and, if I recall correctly, the other Stations of the Sun. I was wearing Ra yesterday, and golden frankincense sunrise heaven... Sol Invictus, although it is an LE, is very lovely too.

Oh gosh yes! Valentine of Rome is a MUST if you love frankincense. Absolutely beautiful :P

I'm so glad I ordered Valentine of Rome! :P I can't wait to smell it.

These are the only frankincense blends I've tried so far:

I Died For Beauty: (The Venusian splendor of ylang ylang and violet stirred by hyssop, frankincense, and grave loam. [grave loam, in this case, is oakmoss and Spanish Moss]) Now, typically, I'm not a floral gal, but I do love this. It's not overpoweringly flowery, it's soft and blended. The frankincense adds a nice warmth, the moss a softness and roundness. Very pretty!

The Scales of Deprivation: (Thin, dark, and shadowed. A scent that offers no sustenance, comfort or satiety: lemon peel, white sage, frankincense, lavender fougere, sandalwood, vetiver and labdanum.) I love, love, love this! This has a light throw but lasts forever. The frankincense is prevalent in this one. Everything else plays a supporting role. It's not a lemony scent by any means!

Les Bijoux: (Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, frankincense and myrrh.) Another favorite of mine though I don't get much in the way of frankincense or myrrh in this. It's primarily peach, musk, and honey on me but ymmv.

Penitence: (Smell sanctified! A blend of pure, pious frankincense and graceful myrrh.) I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but I really love this one! This is the holy grail of frankincense!

I forgot to mention that I have tried Cathedral. :P I didn't much like it because it smelled all waxed church pew with only the faintest whiff of incense. I wanted more incense! I gave it away.

Can anyone tell me the name of a BPAL that is mainly frankincense based? I like most notes unless they are mediciney. Thanks a lot. :D

Penitence is frankincense and myrrh. If you can handle violet, Faustus is pretty heavy on the frankincense, too.