Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
shelldoo

Mad Meg

Fire-scorched earth, black mandarin, cinnamon bark, bitter almond, sage, vetiver, and balsam of peru.

imp: vetiver and sweet, spicy woods.

wet: the vetiver is sweeter than usual on me, this is a smoky, earthy, woody sort of blend.

dry: this has an almost coconutty scent to it. so a sweet vetiver with coconut scent. this is another scent that reminds me of childhood halloweens, this is the exact scent i think of when i think of those times in my life.

In the imp and wet on my skin, Mad Meg is almond and cinnamon. Not really me. The cinnamon started to burn so I had to wash it off. Someone else can enjoy this.

Mad Meg on me is dry, earthy and fiery, too.

It's quite lovely actually. I like the vetiver in it. It seems not to be the motor-oily variant but a subtler more grassy one, and it combines beautifully with the cinnamon bark and the scorched earth note.

When I put it on I was reminded of Lush's Middle Earth Turns Into Rock/Waylander Rhassoul soap. That kind of dry, earthy, yet soft scent. METIR had always been a favourite of mine, so I immediately :P 'ed Mad Meg. :D

It is a bit similar to Priala, too, but rather earthy where Priala is more incensey.

I would love a bottle come autumn! :D

Edited by blu°

dark and bitter. smells like acrid smoke and dirt. deeeeffffinately not for me.

Spicy, hot, oddly comforting and exciting like the smell of a Christmas Pomander of dried orange and clove. Nice!

I will wear it while bellydancing.

Edited by Laughing-magpie

Bitter vetiver. That's what it smells like to me. It's a dark, gritty scent. Although I like this scent, I like other vetiver blends better. This one seems a little too masculine for me to pull off. Also, it's really strong.

This one is definitely smoky, cinnamon peppery blend. It does put me in mind of scorched earth. I find it a very bitter scent, in that sense.

I can barely smell the cinnamon, on me, and I think the earthy smell is the vetiver? I'm not certain, since I rarely smell vetiver as a note on its own. There was a whiff of the almond and then it was gone...or blended into the scent. The balsam of peru must be the resiny scent that is coming forward?

So far, I really like this...I can only pray that the sage doesn't overwhelm everything else when it dries.

Balsam of peru, vetiver, scorched earth and a little bit of cinnamon. Fire and earth and spice.

Mmmm, vetiver. Vetiver and cinnamon and a touch of sage? I don't know, but I like it. It's very fiery, and smells a lot like burnt wood. I LOVE burnt wood. There's a hint of mandarin in there, but it doesn't muck up anything else, and actually adds to the scent. I like. =D

Edited by Acid

Bleh. Definitely smoke and vetiver, very slight almond, and that is it. If the almond were the main note with all the rest in the background, it could be okay for me, but not like this.

Mad Meg is smoky vetiver. I agree with the others that it has a burnt wood quality. I am not a big fan of vetiver as a main note, so I think I'll have to pass on this. I could see it suiting a man rather well.

I don't get as much vetiver as most seem to from this blend. It's really in the background for me, which is highly unusual, and makes me assume there's very little of it in the formula at all. Almond is very present but not overpowering. I can't pick out the smell of the cinnamon distinctly, but though it doesn't affect the skin of my wrist (and cinnamon never has), I sniffed it too closely at one point and brushed my lips against it very slightly, and they went quite numb; look out, cinnamon-sensitive bpalers. It does have a general spicy quality as it dries. It's actually sweet and a tiny bit foody to my nose, with dark undercurrents of scorched vetiver, like grahm crackers toasted next to a camp fire. I like it, but I'm not enthusiastic about it and it doesn't have a lot of throw, so to the swaps it goes.

I'm getting a lot of cinnamon bark - woodier than normal cinnamon and a little less spicy, as well as vetiver. The citrus note and earth was stronger when I first applied, but this scent is fading fast!

There's absolutely no reason this should work on me. Almond? Ew. Balsam? Usually overwhelms every scent on me, as does cinnamon.

But oddly enough, it DOES work. And it's GOOD. Like second-tier favorite. Like I might actually get a bottle. Cinnamony orangey vetiver. My first impression involved an almost magnolia-like gooeyness, although that dissipates after a while. I like it.

From all the reviews I was hoping for something bleak but instead Mad Meg was sweet and earthy.

Wet: Terry's dark chocolate orange. It smells like a christmas treat.

Drying: The vetiver steps up (YAY) as does the black mandarin still though it smells like something to eat.

Dry: The colours are right for the painting but not the subject matter. The cinnamon has come out but it's still predominantly orange it makes me think of pomanders.

I never thought it would smell so edible.

I was a little concerned because Mad Meg smelled sweet and chocolaty in the bottle and on wet - I wanted *Mad* Meg, not slightly miffed Meg! But after a little bit, the sweetness (maybe the mandarin?) settled down, and I got an amazing incense-y smoky smell. Kind of like incense smoke + burning wood. I also got a lot of sage, which I love. It stays very close to the skin, but does seem to have decent lasting power (I put it on around 1 pm and can still smell it at 9 pm). Love the painting, love the scent!