Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

I showered with Honey I Washed the Kids last night and then put Dana O'Shee on and it smelled fabulous, it brought out the honey of the soap.

I am hoping Carnal will work well with Figs and Leaves, my all-time favorite Lush soap... I don't mind a mixed-fruit riot, and fig is so yummy... Just have to get my order! poor poor Elizabeth...

Ms. MSGirl, you are in luck... I am trying out my Imp's ear of Carnal tonight and it smells JUST like Figs and Leaves!

Anybody remember Icon? I haven't quite managed to find a BPAL scent that completely recaptures it - anyone have better luck than me?

I've just slathered my hair in Arabian Bright, and was just musing what a wonderful smell that stuff has - I just can't stop sniffing my hands! Is there a BPAL scent anything like it? According to the label on the tub, as well as the henna (I can identify that note for starters!) it also contains 'Frankincense, Vanilla and Perfume.'

I don't know what exactly the perfume is either, but it is very similar to the one use in my beloved...but gone...plantational. Reincarnate is very similar but is still missing something. It is that earthy, almost dirty/spicey scent that I love. It reminds me of walking through middle or far eastern market listening to the hawkers and buying my herbs and spices in paper funnels.

LOL...to be honest, I'm not sure I really want to analyze that market scent...I might not like what I was smelling if I knew what it really was.

Lisa

I'm in mourning for Plantational too .... it used to REALLY suit my hair and leave it smelling absolutely wonderful. I was heartened when the Plantational solid shampoo appeared but something was sadly lacking.....Reincarnate is quite nice, but still not as good as the original Plantational.

I believe it was discontinued because due to the high level of fresh ingredients it had quite a short shelf-life (three months?) and customers found it difficult to finish the bottle before you had to bin it.

Koumori, I love Icon. I haven't found a scent like it yet, not even the one Auntie P recommended as a good replacement (though nice enough in its own right.)

However I'm lucky enough to have most of the Icon range tucked away for special days...so I'm not panicking...yet...

Koumori, I love Icon. I haven't found a scent like it yet, not even the one Auntie P recommended as a good replacement (though nice enough in its own right.)

However I'm lucky enough to have most of the Icon range tucked away for special days...so I'm not panicking...yet...

Lucky you! I didn't know they'd discontinued it until I went to buy a replacement for my.. empty.. bottle.

I showered with Honey I Washed the Kids last night and then put Dana O'Shee on and it smelled fabulous, it brought out the honey of the soap.

I just tried Dana O'Shee and the first thing I thought was Snowcake! :P I've had it on for about 20 minutes now and have yet to change my mind about it.

Pain would probably compliment Demon in the Dark quite well. I didn't think so at first, though -- it was strong enough while wet to remind me of Black Magic.

Dry-down hasn't been completely kind to me, though. I got really excited when Anne Bonny started to smell like Amazonian, but that seems to have been just a phase. fooey.

Edited by byrdie

I was lucky enough to recieve an Imp Ear from Spooky in my order yesterday and it smells sooo goooooooood, have not even words to describe the scent but... as we are talking Lush similarity here, this one comes very very close to After 8:30 massage bar and a little bit likeDemon in the dark.

Strange, wish I hadn't tried Spooky because love it so much it hurts to know it's not available anymore....

Byrdie, have you tried Ice Hotel? I ordered Envy in my pending BPAL order (my virgin BPAL order!!!) because I thought it sounded like it might be similar, but someone told me that Pain was probably more like it (I hadn't realized that Pennyroyal was a mint). If you've tried Ice Hotel, can you tell me if you think Pain is similar?

I'm hoping that maybe I'll get lucky and find Pain as one of my random Imps Ears but if not, then since I would love a lavender/mint combo I will just have to wait until my second BPAL order (and I somehow already know there will be one) ...

Looking forward to meeting you in three weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's been said that three witches complements skinny dip, with its clove/cinnamon/pepper blend. i wonder, too, how saturnalia would work with skinny dip, given that saturnalia is a violet/vetiver blend.

or, perhaps a blend of three witches and saturnalia together would re-create that heavenly, uber-sexy, sweet/spicy mix that is skinny dip.

mmmm - vetiver, violet, clove, and white chocolate would make a delicious bpal scent. i'd buy pints of it. :P

Does anyone know of a scent similarity in bpal like Lushs Oxeo cube deo?

I love that scent! :P

Very floral but not granny-ish if you know what I mean?

[merged with existing lush/bpal similarity topic ~qs]

Edited by quantum spice

While we are on this topic... does anyone know what scent is most like Uluru?

I think I am going to have to pick up both Malediction and Umbra for my BF, as he loves the scent of Middle Earth.

What a great thread ... add me to the long list of Lushies who are also looking for complimentary scents (I am just not big into Karma or Ginger, and "my signature scent," Andiamo by Borghese, has long since been discontinued so I am on my personal holy grail to find something new ... BPAL seems to be the place even ifit takes me a few orders to find the right thing!)

I did order Veil, Twilight and Envy as well as a random six imps ears and look forward to getting them ...

But can anyone tell me if there are any BPAL scents remotely like Waving Not Drowning, my very favorite Lush scent???? Or Ice Hotel?

Someone mentioned Pain being like Ice Hotel and I hadn't ordered it because I didn't know what pennyroyal was but maybe I'll get lucky and it will show up in my imps ear since I mentioned I loved lavender and mint!!!

But Waving Not Drowning ... now THAT would be a scent I'd love (lavender, Ylang-ylang, fennel and orange blossom but not quite as flowery as it sounds).

Hi JazzieCazzie,

You may have already found out but yes, Ice Hotel and Pain are very similar as I found out today.

I would love to find one similar to Gavarnie/Flowertub/Jungle and one similar to Silky Underwear/Alkamaar/Fairy Jamsine/All that Jas - any thoughts??

I am going to place my first order with a few of my Lush favourites in mind. I would love to find oils that I can layer with Lavender Blizzard, Figs&Leaves and Soft Coeur.

Looking forward to experimenting with scents! :P

Hi Ishtar, I adore Soft Coeur and Figs and Leaves too -- I really find that Soft Coeur works wonderfully when layered with a whole slew of BPAL scents. It works to sweeten and mellow and soften all kinds of different BPAL smells like rose -- I layered it with Othello and smelled of rich spicy oriental roses and honeyed chocolate all day -- it was great. My suggestion for Soft Coeur is just wear it with any BPAL scent you like that it can add that sweet note to. I think it'll be amazing with Alice or Eve, or Seraglio (all of which are on my wish list).

Just wanted to add that following a Bon Bomb with Veil is the ultimate cocktail for me. Soft and dreamy! Not sure if they have anything similar or just compliment eachother well, but it's lovely and great for dreaming.

does anyone know of any oils that smell similar, or compliment rock star well? I love the sweet scents!

so far I've found that Hollywood Babylon goes really well with Angels Delight, and Dana O'Shee and Alice go well with Honey I washed the kids.

What a great thread!!!

I sniff my hair all day with Big Shampoo. I am very new to this site and I am trying to figure out what I want. I would love suggestions on a scent that compliments that Big! It has a sea salt and citrus smell. :P

Does anyone know of a scent that would be something like Slammer or Sandstone? Anything lemon-limey?

I also love :P HIWTK so I guess the consensus is to try Alice, Dana O'Shee, and O. Are there any others?

Thanks for all of your help!

Trish :D

I am still waiting on my first BPAL order, so I can't testify to that, but the High John the Conqueror Oil I got from Mystic Curio smells wonderful with Silky Underwear.

Oh, and Silky Underwear, to me, smells really close to some fancy ritual powder I paid a lot more for. Hooray!

Edited by starrykitten