Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Brianne

Milk Moon 2007

A fertile scent, generous, life-affirming, and swelling with a sense of triumph, warmth, and abundance: sweet milk, golden honey, fig fruit, pomegranate, dates, and white grape.

From the description of notes this sounded like it could be so yummy. But wow, seriously I could not take the smell of this. It honestly smelled like baby formula that had been setting out for a while. I'm a nanny so I am familiar with the smell. I really wish got some of the pineapple and creaminess others mentioned but I couldn't get away from the sour smell. In the vial it smelled like a floral milk, kind of odd but not incredibly unpleasant. On the skin it didn't blossom well, on me at least. This bottle is off to the swap pile once I get it going. Kind of sad it didn't work but ah well.

In the decant, this smells like a really sweet milk with bright tropical fruits mixed in. On my skin, this smells wrong; something with the milk and the grape went absolutely sour and wrong, and I can't get it off quick enough.

Swaps/sales.

Bottle: hmm. sour pineapples and yogurt.

Wet on skin: a bit.....astringent? mouth-wateringly sweet and yet.... almost stale or off. Strange. I only tested very lightly from the cap, yet it's got almost too much throw and making me nauseous.

Drydown: A bit creamier, a bit more candied pineapple and figs, but I think it's the type of honey. It's too strong and tickles the back of my nose in a bad way. Not for me :(

Milk Moon, May 2007

Bottle:It smells really good. I don't know what I smell..but I like it.

Wet:Sharp and sweet,with a touch of flowers.

Dry:Creamy-ness with a subtle sweet tartness from the grape and fig I think. This one is a lot different from the other scents I have, it's very interesting. I'm keeping it.

I was nervous about this one having had several people tell me it turned into sour milk on them, but it just sounded so good that I had to try it.

And I like it! In the bottle and wet it's pure sugary fruit punch like you'd get from minute maid or juicy juice. After a half hour or so the fruit punch get really creamy and yummy and smells like a tropical drink. I'm not much of a foody, but I like this a lot. It'll be great in the spring, I think, and just when I want a light, playful scent.

In the bottle: very sweet. honey, milk and fruits...

Wet on skin: Still very sweet! I smell mostly sweet candied fruits, now. The milk note fades to the background. It hasn't gone sour yet for me, as I was afraid my first milk blend might. Score!

Dry on skin: Just about the same scent. Sweet, creamy fruits. I agree with the previous poster, it smells like creamy fruit punch. Yum!

Milk Moon 2007

My girlfriend and I interpreted this as "pineapple yogurt". Pineapple isn't on the listed notes, but I think the combination of the other fruits combines to make a slightly sharp, acidic scent that my nose interprets as pineapple. It's definitely interesting... I think it's a scent for a particular mood, not for general wear, but I do like it.

This is basically pineapples, with maybe a little sweetener. The throw and lasting power is insane – I smeared a little from the cap and it is just going and going and going. It dries a little powdery, and the pineapple turns into something a bit more combination-fruity-with-cream, but it's never unpleasant, and it would be great for summers. A keeper.

Hrm. I don't quite know what to make of this! It's sweet, but it has a sharpness to it. I understand the comparisons to baby formula, but the scent of baby formula makes me gag, and Milk Moon does not. I can smell the fig, which I really like, and I do get that pineapple feel that others are getting. I'm very happy that the honey is behaving, but I figured it would since I get along quite well with honey.

For me, it dries to Defututa with milk. I think I like it? Maybe? I'll hold onto my decant for now.

ETA: Okay..it's gone a bit odd now. I really don't know what to think of this! It's kind of frustrating, how confusing this is. :lol: I think I'll hold onto it for a while, though, and see if maybe layering it with something will improve it.

Edited by plainjean

This is an odd one. When I first got it, it smelled off to me and went sour on my skin. But now that it has aged? It's this fruity blend with a touch of milk in the background. I'm mainly getting pomegranate and pineapples.

It's still a bit of an odd scent, but I think I'll keep my bottle around a bit longer.

I may be making a trip to the bathroom shortly to wash this off. Overly sweet and vaguely reminiscent of industrial bathroom cleaner. I can smell the fruit in there, but mixed with the honey and the milk, they just smell odd.

Blech. :ack:

If I was reviewing this on Twitter, I would say : I've been swimming in garbage juice. :sick:

I'm a newbie, but my nose and skin have been on quite a sniffy adventure of late! I love creamy scents and fruit, so I wanted to try this out; I was really excited to see it for sale on the forum, I snapped it up! It arrived today, so I tried it out right away.

In the bottle : Oof, I don't think this is going to work for me. I'm smelling something like a sharp sourish Similac formula powder note with some honey and some fruit that smells past its prime. It's making me feel kind of queasy...

(On my wrist) Wet: Still smell the Similac powder scent, with some rancid fruitiness coming through.

(Scent locket) Wet: Couldn't do it...I just didn't want it in my locket, because things were not going well.

Drying down: I can smell the sweet fig peeking through, and there's a whole lot of grape all the sudden! The pomegranate isn't showing up for me, just the fig and grapes. I still can smell the milkiness, but it's not as prominent.

Completely dry: The funky baby formula note has mellowed into a slight sourness, with some cloying sweetness left on my skin. I hate to say it, but smelling it on me reminds me of when the garbage truck would come - when it got crowded the worker on the back would hit this lever to compress all the bags, causing garbage juice to gush out into the street. My skin hates this scent and wants me to smell like the garbage juice. This just didn't work for me, which makes me sad because I had such high hopes for it! :cry:

In the bottle: milk chocolate and wine. So I guess what I’m smelling is fig and pomegranate.

Wet: Milk, fig, honey, pomegranate, dates, and grapes. Exactly what it says. Nicely blended. Lots of throw. It’s sweet, fruity, and the tiniest bit wine-like. I actually quite like it. As it dries, it gets softer. It’s very creamy.

Dry: Milk & honey with a slight touch of fruitiness. It’s creamy and sweet and almost chocolatey and it’s beautiful! I really like it. I was nervous because so many people have said they get a sour milk smell.

20 minutes in: Still milky, sweet, and creamy. But there’s something tart popping up suddenly, but it backs off just as quick? Not sure what’s going on here.

3 hours in: For a while, it was almost walking the line between milk & fig and sour milk. For now, it seems to have settled on milk & fig (it’s almost a warm chocolate milk or like lukewarm hot chocolate).

At around 4 hours in, it’s gone not sour, but just generally unpleasant? The sweetness is gone, so the plain milk & fig combination is not so great. I like the smell it gives off in the early stage. I can see myself wearing it for comfort, but I’d have to wash it off after a few hours.

This is actually my second test of the scent, but I didn't write the first one down. I remember thinking it smelled beautiful, though. Hopefully, this second test will live up to the first.

In the bottle: A fruity scent, sweet, but not too sweet. I think the grape and pomegranate are strongest, but the fruits blend together pretty well, honestly - I could probably pick out all four in there.

Wet on skin: Still mostly the fruit. I thought I remembered smelling the milk and honey more last time, but maybe that was after it dried down? Then again, the honey could just be blending in with the fruit. It's like each of the notes are a piece of a costume, and when it's all put together, you can't differentiate any of the parts.

Dried down: Same as before, though I'm starting to get a whiff of the milkiness, still a bit overpowered by the fruit, though.

Throw: A little throw of fruity milk, with nothing but fruit on my wrists.

Verdict: **** This is still a very pretty scent, although I kept hoping the milk would stop hiding behind the other notes. Oh well.