Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Kimocean

Kindly Moon

Utterly ethereal, an exquisite expression of love: moonflower, lotus root, white gardenia, beeswax, peach blossom, blue musk, stargazer lily, golden osmanthus, ti, sandalwood, hyacinth, ylang ylang, and a touch of vanilla bean.

In the Bottle: I get a rather soft, green floral with a hint of some warm spice--probably the musk and sandalwood.

Initial Wet: Mmm, gardenia. It's the first impression I get. But then it morphs into a very sharp, strong floral. I can't identify the exact notes. It's rather like the entire brass section of an orchestra blaring at once.

Initial Dry: Floral bathroom soap :D I still can't pick out the exact floral notes except to say that they're very strong with a soapy undertone.

Drier Dry: The soapiness is gone. There's just a hint of the vanilla under the strong floral and there's beeswax occasionally in the throw. But it's still just mostly floral.

Way too floral for me. I think I was holding out hope for the white gardenia, beeswax, blue musk, ti, sandalwood, and vanilla bean to be more prominant than they are. The full drydown would be a nice floral if it weren't on me. I like the throw, but I don't like the main scent. :P <---full of sadness

Kindly Moon is gentle and smooth. I found it very well blended, the floral notes mingling to form a soft cover over the whole. On me, the gardenia is the strongest opening note, but soon dries down and I begin to notice the other flowers. The sandalwood, musk and vanilla bean are very faint and I was really hoping to smell more of those notes along with the beeswax. I did try layering it with Midway to bring out the vanilla and I think that if I was to wear this much, I would use this as a layering blend.

What a lovely moon! It's a fruity, sweet floral scent; pretty much pink/light green for me. I can smell a myriad of light and lovely florals on top. The peach note actually is quite strong on my skin, and on the dry down it begins to smell like an effervescent peach scent. This is very feminine and surprisingly long lasting for being a lunar scent. I love it, I'll enjoy using my 5 ml. :P

All I can tell is that this is a soft, dusty floral. I don't really know what I'm smelling, which is weird because I can usually identify a note or two here or there. This one is just really well blended, very delicate, and quietly feminine.

Kindly Moon is a fresh, melony-fruity, floral. It is etheral and light, you can make out the different notes in waves. It is wonderfully blended. If you're not a floral person, don't run away from the Kindly Moon. Give it a shot!

This is only my second Lunacy - my first was Snow Moon - but all the flowers appealed to me.

In the bottle: Greenish and fruity. What?

Wet: A very clear, green, fresh, melony scent. I am not getting any floral at all, yet. Maybe a bit of the honeysuckle, actually.

Drydown: Ooooh, there's a bit of the vanilla bean. And the lily.

While wearing: This is so pretty! I am so, so glad I got this. Cheerful, innocent, flowery, clear and bright. It's ever-so-slightly fruity. I love the honeysuckle and the beeswax combined with the lilies...it's not got that soapy quality that some people associate with lily, either, though that may just be my chemistry. Everything that I've tried from my most recent order is just gorgeous beyond words. It's too bad I can't get more of this, though.

I used to have 12 ft gardenia bushes growing by my door in Carolina and never really cared for the smell. Kindly Moon was kind enough not to gardenia-bomb me. And I don't find it overly floral.

My overall impression is ripe autumn pear, so this is perfect for the fall season. Kindly has a lot of throw, and is very long lasting. Glad I have a bottle of it.

The floral lunacies have been a hit to my wallet and a wonder to my nose, and this one is no exception. Lots of peach and the gardenia wafts up now and then, with some pear too. Good throw, also.

This is gorgeous, and I'm very glad I've a bottle of it. :P

I could just cry. Wet, this was a lovely mix of sweet, rich white florals and juicy fruit -- the gardenia and peach, no doubt -- with a subtle, musky undertone. But because my skin chemistry just doesn't do justice to delicate scents, it turned into a flat, average floral very quickly, with little throw. It smells so damned good in the bottle, though, that I might keep some around just sniff. Burning might be an optinon as well.

In the bottle: Intense floral, but of the pale variety...there's a lot of layers to it, but it isn't cloying or funereal.

Wet: Floral...tea?!

Dry: Floral tea it is. Light, lovely, refreshing...but almost throwless, and it seemed to disappear within minutes. Sigh.

Bottle: I can definately pick out the peach blossom and something very golden at first. This is a sweet scent and very oriental.It reminds me of a bodywash my mom uses.

Wet: Very fruity and floral, mostly fruity. It smells so much like my mom's bodywash that it smells like soap, I'm not sure I can get over this. I'll check back later on down the road.

Dry: Very very light. The soap tones down and it's just a light, white floral. Either or, really.

Category: Fruit/Floral

Rating: 2/5; soap factor, but might just be me

Overall: Either or scent for me. Okay but just not my thing.

Kindly Moon

In the imp: a beautiful fresh and fruity-floral scent. This smells gorgeous.

Wet on skin: yay, the gardenia doesn't seem to be going off on my skin! instead, the peach note comes out and the fruity-floral scent deepens.

Dry on skin: this is beautiful. Such a compassionate, gentle, warm floral scent. It's mainly peach and white flowers, like lily and gardenia (the good variety!), also watery osmanthus and moonflower, with just a hint of airy blue musk and possibly beeswax too. This is a wonderful bouquet and everything mingles so well here. There's a clean scent to it, almost fresh, but it doesn't smell soapy.

After a while: I see where the Night's Pavilion comparisons come from-there's a similarity here thanks to the ethereal musk and osmanthus. This one's a lot more floral-complex and fruity (peach blossom smells just like the fruit on me, which is all good!). There's a clean, crisp white flower note to this that reminds me of Empyreal Mist or Sundew, as well. There's also that 'lunar/nocturnal' scent to this, puts me in mind of a springtime garden at night under the moonlight, or a dew covered wedding bouquet.

There's something about the drydown after a few hours that reminds me of clean linen, that crisp white clean scent, and it also reminds me of tart apples. Now I get a definite resemblance to Sundew and Dirty. And then it starts to remind me of Bearded Lady, probably thanks to the stargazer lily-only this scent is whiter…white as moonlight. But the clean linen scent doesn't fade. There's only one disappointment…where's the vanilla and beeswax?

Verdict: this is such a beautiful floral fragrance, fresh and light and delicate but also well rounded, well blended. I was scared of the gardenia, but most of the time, the gardenia in LE scents is of the good variety-and it certainly is in here. There is a similarity to Silence, but whilst that scent was distant and reserved and cold, KM is approachable, welcoming, and warm. It really is like a kindly bouquet of gentle white flowers. I adore the wet stage of this scent so much that I wish it lasted longer-the drydown, reminiscent of certain clean/springy scents and some other floral scents, is very pleasant, but not as wonderful as the first hour or two of wear. I think this scent will be a lot nicer for spring and summer, and it seems like the perfect scent to wear to a wedding. I wish I got more vanilla, but even so I'm very pleased with this scent.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Oh yeah. So glad I got a bottle. Will keep it for warmer weather.

If you like this, try: Silence, Sundew, Empyeral Mist, Bearded Lady, Night's Pavilion

Well, it's hard to follow Yeahbutno's great reviews (and I love the "if you like this try..."), but here goes....

First, a Kindly Moon sniffy was a gift from the lovely Filigree_Shadow. It was not a blend I bought--too floral--but I was interested in trying it.

and it surprised me. In the imp it was sweet floral with a touch of fruit, but I couldn't tell what kind. Sort of melonish in the way Yemaya is?

I put it on, and it bloomed. :P It was a lovely hothouse flower scent (white florals, the only kind I like) with a lovely fruit note underneath. Must be the peach blossom. I also get a bit of wax, and a wash of honey. My skin amps honey like crazy (which is fine--its a note I like) and I guess it must do the same with beeswax. But this is lovely, intoxicating, a very sweet honey floral. I kept sniffing it. There is something soft to it, almost edible, and I kept thinking of honeyed flowers. It very much captures the gentleness of its name.

After about an hour, the gardenia came out, which is also nice.

Overall, its a floral that I really could wear. I enjoyed it, though I'm not crazy enough about it to try and hunt down a bottle.

So if I were to take a cue from YBN, and make recommendations, I'd say if you don't usually like florals, you still might like this, especially if you like honey notes.

Wow, this is a gloriously sweet, light floral. The peach and the lily were most prominent to me. I adore those two notes, especially Beth's peach/apricot, so this was all good to me.

I only wish that I had gotten this in time for summer. I can't see wearing it now--it's truly a light, pretty summer scent.

This reminds me of Champs Elysee. Slightly fruity floral with a crisp musk drydown. It is not my type of scent anymore, but I know that my stargazer lily lovin' little sister is going to love it!

Tried this at a meet and sniff. Why do I get rose out of this? I get a pure rose mixed with other florals. The vanilla is also dancing around. The sandalwood is hiding. This is very pretty.

In the bottle: Much sweeter than I expected. I smell peach and gardenia.

Wet on skin: It goes a bit more floral once it's on the skin, but it's a sweet floral with something deeper underneath. I still smell gardenia more than the other flowers.

Dry on skin: Still gardenia and peach, but softer than it was when wet.

Verdict: I was disappointed when I had no money to buy this brand new, but I eventually managed to grab a bottle from someone on the forum. This is a really lovely, girly scent. It's very floral, but not cloying or bitter. Very sweet.

Kindly Moon is the kind of blend I just can't dislike because of the moonflower. It's subtle here, as this is well blended, but I can pick it out along the periphery and I just :P moonflower. It's so mysterious and strange to me, like Italo Calvino's moon.

Aside from the moonflower, I can smell the gardenia, peach blossom, and osmanthus---but all the notes sort of swirl around and are fully integrated into each other. The lotus here is lovely, much more balanced than it normally is on my skin, and it almost fulfills a role like ozone in the blend, where it creates a kind of vaulted ceiling---vertical space---for the other notes to float upwards in.

This is definitely a floral moon and a very nice one at that. It's very mellow and dusky, and I think it would make a wonderful sleep blend. I think I'll move it to my night stand so I can apply it before drifting off to sleep.

In the bottle: Moonflower! I was hoping the moonflower would be dominant, and it is.

Wet: The moonflower is still dominant, with the other florals working underneath it. This is an utterly gorgeous scent - not heady as some florals tend to be, but delicate.

Drydown: Unfortunately my skin tends to eat this a bit, so it lasts only an hour or so on me. The florals soften, and the vanilla comes out a bit.

In the imp: beautifully gentle flowers. I was a little nervous that gardenia was going to charge forward and stomp all the other flowers in its path, but it blends in nicely with the other notes.

Initial application: mmm, so pretty. I'm not getting any vanilla, but I'm not missing the creamy edge it usually gives to blends like this. This is just a light, feminine scent.

Drydown: not much of a throw, alas, but at my wrist, it's...well, how many different words can I use to mean "lovely"? This is a floral blend anyone can enjoy, it's not overpowering at all. On the downside, it's getting just a bit powdery, but it just seems to lighten it that much more.

Smiley rating: :P

From the bottle I mainly smell moonflower, which is good because I was expecting the gardenia to take over since it's such a dominant flower.

When I applied it this morning it was a sweet, fruity, floral blend. On my drive to work I actually thought it smelled a bit green/herbal.

As the day progressed it turned more like a sweet floral blend.. not so much fruity as when I first applied. At certain times it almost smells like Harvest Moon 06..

Overall, I can't decide whether this moon is for me. I'm generally not a floral person, but this blend jumps between floral and not floral... Kindly Moon is tricky!

HOW I WISH I HAD HAD THIS FOR THE WEDDING!

Seriously, it's gorgeous. It's definitely floral, which I usually don't like, but "other" keeps popping up to my nose to make it much more attractive to me. At times it reminds me of cucumber melon, at times it reminds me of pears, at times it reminds me of something soft and sweet and white and unearthly. Just one drop on my wrist was enough to scent my entire office for well over an hour. It's so not at all me, yet I love it and will keep it forever. :P

This is very peachy in the bottle.

On my skin, it smells a lot like the now-discontinued Plumeria scent from Bath and Body Works. If I concentrate, I can pick out some individual notes (the peach flower, moonflower, and musk), but many others refuse to step forward (I can't smell the vanilla or beeswax at ALL).

All in all, it's a creamy, pastel fruity-floral that I think Beth referred to as "velvety" somewhere in this forum, and she was right. It's maybe a bit too sweet for me, but I think I'm going to like it.

Mmmm... yummy. In the bottle this smells absolutely fresh and clean and delicious! The peach blossom in this is absolutely astounding! The stargazer (one of my favorite flowers) is dead on, but not overwhelmingly heady or too strong... just the perfect proportions. I'm so beyond happy I decided to get the 2nd bottle of this. I know I shall be wearing it often. :P

So, so so beautiful - it's high and clear, as others have said, and it's got great throw and lasts a long time without ever fading into powder on me (though admittedly, I don't get the powder reaction too often). Peach blossom is the only part my nose can detect, the rest blends wonderfully.

It's one of my favorite all-time scents, and gets me a lot of compliments!!