Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zillah37

Pulcinella & Teresina

Labdanum, cedar, teak and red rose.

Edit--- I'm super sorry but I'm on a very old mobile phone and may not be able to add in the scent description right away. It's a battle to load the forums. I'll try to borrow a comp later. :)

I'm so jealous of everyone who gets strong rose from this! I love rose when it's red, or dried, or pretty much anyway but "green", but the rose in my decant is all but nonexistent! Maybe aging will help. :PP

I was trying some others as well,so i'll transfer from my notes a bit.

First on, it's very sharp- almost all a skreechy wood and laudanum. As it dries, the cedar and the laudanum start to distinguish themselves from each other. If I give it a bit more time, i get hints of rose in the background!! But it doesn't last very long. The end result (before I washed it off anyway) was a woody cedar+teak together (teak finally showed up!) with laudanum close by.

I do like it...but I'm unsure about a bottle. I think I need to age this imp for awhile first and see if that brings the rose out any. If not, I'll pass it on.

Strong woods and rose. The woods are rather aggressive here, and in the forefront while the rose is a strong red one, but not as strong as the woods. Basically I picture a strong male/female relationship. I like this, but it does go sour after a bit. Still searching for that perfect rose/resin/wood combo.

It's cedar, cedar, CEDAR at first and then the labdanum takes over and sweetens it up with the rose. Nice, and I'll keep my decant but I won't need more.

2015 version.

Cedar, teak and red rose. This is a woody, red rose blend. Very full bloom, loads of teak and cedar. Powerful. It smells like wooden toys that have been freshly sanded, but instead of sand you get occasional blood drops. Because you know, haunted wooden toys.

Woody, roses, dark.

Not for me. Nasty. Smells like red pickles. No no no.

and I'm back, three months later. Now it smells really nice, like red wine and wood. I like it. How strange.

It's even mouth watering, sort of like Obsidian Widow or Mason and Jenkins Port Wine Jelly.

Edited by stellamaris

I picked this up mostly because I want to see how it ages; when I'm done with it today, it's probably going back to the basement with the Port wines.

The oil goes on my skin as a dark brown, slightly green-tinged color. I still haven't gotten a sense of labdanum by itself, but I think I can find it here. I can see how it's part of amber blends -- the resin has a smooth fullness to it that I can imagine working well with vanilla.

The wood is a little harsh for the first 10 minutes or so. It smells like teak to me, but no cedar. I smell red rose during the same time period, but then it fades, and I think it's gone... but at an hour or so, I find that it's back, this time smoother and more integrated.

The blend smells like the color sable to me, a very cool, dark brown, with a soft glow of red while the rose is present. This blend is more the teak than the rose for a few hours, but the cedar makes an appearance on me eventually, and the rose amps on me over time. This is nice once it settles. I think aging might bring it that more settled tone from the get-go.

Edited to add the version year.

Edited by Casablanca

Have a very aged bottle of this and it is gorgeous. It's solid teak, not glossy or veneered with a beautiful drying red rose. Those are the two stand out notes and they work really well together. It's heavy, dark, unisex in a way few rose scents, sexual in a non obvious way are and lasts and lasts. Good throw too. 

As soon as my grandma got diagnosed with cancer, she non-stop brewed Chinese medicine in her house. This perfume smells exactly like how her house did--bitter, burnt, hardwoods, futile sugars trying to make the medicine palatable.