Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Tamora

Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Tamora greeted me with a huge blast of fruity sweetness when I opened the imp - whoa! I thought this might be too sweet or fruity for me, but I tried it on anyway.

after it settled onto my skin, I realized the fruity note was peach. the peaches mellowed out a few minutes later and became lightly spiced and creamy.

wow, this is beautiful. :P

edit: after about 20 mins of drydown, a funky note comes out in the background. husband says "that smells like bathroom cleaner." woe! I will have to try this a few more times... Edited by Shollin

Peach cobbler. Like I've been rolling in it! Not that that would be a bad thing, but it's soooo sweet. Whoa.

I think I'm sticking with Fae for a nice soft peach...

I am afraid I just can't care for this.

In the bottle ot me it is overly sharp and peachy. Once it's on my wrist, it turns into peachy baby powder. After it settles down for ten minutes, it's all peach again, and I think I like it, but the real final stage is all baby pownder, all the time. I'll have to find another peachy scent.

In the imp: Peachy warmness.

On Skin: Peach. Smells alot like Fae.

On the Drydown: The peach has gone away, and it's incensey with hints of patchouli and vanilla. Very warm and lovely. :D

Verdict: At the beginning, I was a bit disappointed because it was very much like Fae but the drydown is completely different, more of a warm incensey with vanilla and peach whiffs. :P I really like this. Really.

I'm still learning to pick out notes, so when I smelled Tamora in the imp, and first put it on, I wasn't sure at all what I was smelling. After a while, though, it toned down to vanilla, and the vanilla smell stuck with me for around 10 hours. I really liked this, and need to make sure I keep some around.

This is a very lovely fruit-floral that stayed true on me for the whole time. The peach blossom is gently fruity without screaming PEACH! (I'll keep Fae for that), and the vanilla and sandalwood add a nice warm depth and sweetness. It's somehow not as...distinctive...as some of Beth's other similar blends. It's that BPAL-sweet-floral/fruit in its most elemental state. Like many vanilla blends, it lasts all day on me :-D

I have an aged imp of Tamora, and I tried it on with great surprise. The sweet peach note had almostly completely faded away, and wet, it was immediately sandalwood herbal with a sweet bite. Dry, it ended up like a very mild, *slightly* peach Snake Oil. o.0

After a bit with it on...I think I like it! I get no sweetness with Snake Oil, and Tamora dries down almost the exact same way but with the remnants of sticky sweet peach. Surprisingly, Tamora has some bite after she's been aged!

ADDED 8/9/08:

I got a bottle of Tamora on swap, and at first I was really disappointed because the amber was so sharp and sickly that it dominated the entire blend. I think it smelled like saliva, both in the bottle and on me. It was nothing like the sweet peach or the drier sandalwood blend I remembered (from the same imp, aged). Apparently, the formula just needed some intense aging time, as a year later, it's just how I remember it: juicy peach, a hint of sandalwood, the sweet creaminess of vanilla with amber for body. I'm looking forward to it aging even more so it turns into the sexier spicy sandalwood I remember.

Edited by Shollin

In bottle: Sweet creamy peach and rich vanilla bean. Maybe some resin. Cute and pretty.

Wet and drying down: Lots of sweet vanilla and some peach. It's so sweet and relaxing. Just lovely. Very summery. A warm relaxing summer day with a cool breeze. It smells delicious and golden. It also reminds me of a fruity vanilla pipe tobacco, which may sound bad but I love the smell of it.

Dry: So good. Faded to a sweet vanilla sugary scent with a hint of peach. This doesn't feel like me at all but I think it will be really nice every once in a while. I think it's better as a skin scent than as a strong perfume. I bet it would be a nice lotion as long as I only added a little. Yummy. :P

The imp I have has an older label on it, so it's aged some and it smells like it. It smells very rich and sweet. If you have a fresh imp of this and don't like it, I bet it would be a lot better if you put it away somewhere and forgot about it for a while.

I was afraid I wasn't going to like this one. The bottle smelled soooo floral, and that is usually something I don't care for. But there was "something" hidden in there, so I had to try it on.

Very pleasantly surprised! Throughout the day I oftentimes smelled peaches, then incense, then peaches again. I'm glad I tried it, its very nice.

A frimp from the lab, that as i was cataloging it on my spreadsheet, i noticed the notes and went, hmm, that sounds really good! i have to try this right now. . .

in the imp – rich and think with golden notes, and almost heavy. almost. there is the faintest lightness of peach lurking there that keeps it from being too much.

wet – sandalwood and amber are strongest, but the peach jumps right in, brightening it all up.

dry down – things get rich and luscious as the vanilla peaks through and the heliotrope warms up and keeps everything bright and golden. it is a very relaxing, calming and clean scent, just warm and luscious like a day at a sun-filled spa. even better, it has great staying power on my skin.

verdict – certainly not what i would classify as my “typical” notes in the scent, despite my new found love for heliotrope. there is a certain sweetness and deep, richness to the scent. but i love it on, and love the calm it seems to invoke. if i wasn’t already drowning in bottles, i’d be ordering 5ml right now

I think I got an older imp because I got absolutely no peach (thank god). instead it is a sandalwood incense smell that dries to more of a powdery incense scent. Very nice, though I think I over did it as it gave me a headache. I will probably keep the imp, if for nothing else than a room scent. Or perhaps just a touch on the back of the knees so that it's not so strong and a little sexy. :P

After I wore Tamora the first time I ordered 2 10mls of it. It was the first imp I used up completely. I once spilled an imp of it all over myself and I didn't even get tired of it then. I think it's beautiful, sweet, and glorious.

I always like peach scents, and heliotrope is one of my favorite floral notes. The heliotrope is just as strong as the peach in this blend, so I'm really glad I like both of those notes so much. It's not a juicy, fruity peach scent, it's a floral peach. The combination of those two with vanilla is basically perfect, and the amber and sandalwood keep it soft rather than being too bright.

Tamora was one of my first BPAL loves, and I'll always love it.

Wet: Sweet, wispy peach and heliotrope. Very, very pretty, but ... not me somehow. I don't think I'm young and innocent enough to wear this.

Drying: Some amber and vanilla start to emerge, and then the sandalwood. It's quite light, though the vanilla has a bit of throw. The amber and sandalwood do seem to make it a bit less girlish, somehow, and it's a bit more complex at this stage.

Dry: Mostly vanilla and sandalwood now, with a hint of peach. Not as entirely not-me as it was at the beginning. Light, quick fade, but extremely pleasant.

In vial: sandalwood and peach blossom.

wet: wow, vanilla! It's suddenly so rich! smooth and creamy vanilla, sandalwood, and a touch of florals.

drydown: this is gorgeous. it's a perfect balance of bright and creamy with pretty floral notes and vanilla.

I get a very warm, lush fruity scent that's lightly backed by spice. It smells like a slightly humid summer day, one where you have a lot of peach ice cream while sitting in the garden. Lovely!

In the bottle: Um... ew? Amber, peach blossom and/or heliotrope don't seem to be getting along very well - very sickly sweet.

Wet: The peach blossom and heliotrope start coming out over the amber.

Drydown: It dries down to a very sweet floral with the same vanilla as in Dorian - invasively sweet. There's a little bit of sharpness from one of the flowers, a slight peach smell perhaps. After a while I get a slightly woody scent from the sandalwood

Overall: It dries down to a powdery amber and vanilla scent with a hint of florals. It's a very sweet scent, with a very slight woodiness from the sandalwood. It reminds me a little bit of O, but with a lighter floral scent. It smells more girly and more sweet than O, and I don't really find myself needing anything like this.

Hey now, Tamora isn't supposed to like me! But she does! What's up with that, Tamora?

In the imp, this blend is peachy floral sweetness. On me, IT ACTUALLY STAYS PEACHY. This deserves caps because it's very rare. The vanilla is there, but not overwhelming, and the amber is light enough that it doesn't turn to powder on me. I think the sandalwood, which usually amps on me but stays calm in Tamora, balances it nicely, keeping the blend from going too sweet.

For about five minutes there's an unpleasant Sweet-Tart tinge in the background, but it fades leaving a nice spicy warm peachy scent, almost cobbler but not quite. My only issue is that it's almost too light, but what's a little slathering when you find a blend this tasty?

Edited by karen

This reminds me wonderfully of Endymion and Fae! An absolute delight! It's most similar to Fae by my nose and is a golden, warm sort of fruity scent - very nectarish. I definitely get the amber, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean. This reminds me of peach schnapps, oh-so yummy!

buh-zuhh?

in the bottle, the Lion comes roaring through the Savannah. Except he's meowing. With a peach in its mouth. That is my Tamora.

On: It's the Lion. Seriously. Without the spices, and with the merest touch of peach. I get no heliotrope. vanilla and sandalwood *might* be in there....

After awhile, this mellowed down to a creamy vanilla amber scent. I'm kind of bummed that I get no heliotrope, and kind of relieved that I get minimal peach. I'll go through this bottle but don't know if I would restock (I purchased a 5 ml unsniffed). I like it, though. It might grow on me further.

Edited by nikkoblue

I bought Tamora mostly for the peach scent, but the same thing happens here as it did with Fae - the peach is overripe, soggy, and completely dominated by the sandalwood and amber. In a nutshell, Tamora is warm musty peach, and just isn't as bright and sparkling enough for what I was looking for - the perfect fruity summer scent (thankfully, Aglaea satisfies that and more).

Edited by little_galaxie

This is lovely. The initial stage of Tamora smells almost identical to Fae on me. It's a soft, effervecent peach scent. Very fruity, feminine, pink. On the dry down, the sandalwood starts to show a tiny bit, but is still mainly a background note. The amber comes out a bit more as well, but this certainly remains a sweet peach scent.

I like this very much, but it is so similar to Fae on me that I probably won't get a bottle; I have a full bottle of Fae. A very nice peachy BPAL scent.

Tamora starts off as sewwt honeyed fruit - very sweet - then begins to mellow, with some florals breezing in with a lot of vanilla-amber and some spice.

This is very pretty, but I tend to amp amber and this gets to be a little much for me...too bad, because I love almost every note to pieces.

This is my locket scent of the day. Something to help me get through work and the random snowfall the east coast has been getting, and remind me that yes, it IS spring.

I bought a 5 ml. bottle of this awhile ago, but used a frimp from the Lab for my reviewing purposes.

In the imp: This is a really pretty, sweet peach scent. It reminds me a little of those peach gummy candies covered in sugar. :P

Wet on my skin: This is a little strong at first, but it filled my room with the scent of fresh juicy peaches and flowers. I can smell a little bit of the sandalwood trying to come through, but it fades in and out. I am usually very good with amber scents, but I don't smell amber in this at all.

Dry on my skin: It dried down to a slightly spicy, fruity blend. I can still smell peaches, and it has a lot of lasting power on my skin. This isn't something I could slather on without coming out smelling like an orchard.

In the locket: Two drops on a small cut cotton pad have some lasting power! A beautiful and not-overwhemlingly-sweet scent keeps drifting up to me from the warm locket on my skin, and I think it'll help this dark snowy day go by a bit faster. :D

Tamora lasts and lasts on me, with a slightly powdery peach drydown that I find myself unexpectedly liking.

I just swapped away one imp of Tamora, but I'm going to hang on to my second one even though it's not really me.