Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I got an imp of this on ebay...

I wish I could get a 5ml.

It is clean fresh floral with melons..

Like a melon lemony fresh salad??

I can't figure out what floral scent it is but it isn't to perfumie or commercial. I don't think apple blossum is in it because that always turns powdery and grandma on me.

Ye gods, I thought I would never find a scent I love more than Blue Moon but here it is - and in fact, the very reason I bought it was because of the Blue Moon comparisans. But this - this is better. This is quite possibly the single best thing I have smelled in my entire life. Some people say the smell of their babies is pure heaven, but I can't attest to that because I don't have nor every plan to have a baby and that is besides the POINT. The point is, TOXIN is what heaven SHOULD smell like, and the fact that this scent is unreleased and I only have ONE LITTLE IMP is breaking my heart and causing me to become incoherant and typing long run on sentences and using excessive CAPS.

*falls to the floor weeping*

Honestly, Beth, if you make this scent GC, or even release it as an LE for a while, I will buy so many bottles you will never have to lift another finger, although I suspect that would cause more Bad than Good, as we very appreciate you lifting your fingers in the first place to give us so many other wonderful scents besides Toxin. *sniffs, wipes eyes, and tries to pull herself together.*

Edited by little_galaxie

Toxin is highly citrus on me, with a slight aquatic/ozone quality that drives it. Beyond that there are some florals that I can't quite separate out from one another. For the first while it is almost cloying, but then it calms down into a fresh, crisp scent.

I :P Toxin... I want to LICK Toxin!! Why, oh why do these beauties never make it into GC form :D

Fresh, crispy/fruity... with a spark of something that *zaps* your schnozzzz!! Oh for yum!!

Solid 5/5!

This is one of the first ozone/aquatics I have found that doesn't go sour on me. It's a lemonly-limey-ozone-y kind of scent, very lovely and fresh. It's a bit like Namaste but it dries richer. I like this one quite a lot!

I got a little sniffie from a friend. :P

This is a sweet, yellow floral on me. Bright, cheery and a bit juicy. There is a touch of ozone, but not too much. Very pretty.

I hope it gets released!

This is my first review..

In the bottle:

Lemon+herbs (like mint and I think hyssop)

Wet: The citrus has completely faded and I'm getting what I think is Lemon Balm Mint.

As it dries more of the original citrus is coming back but it still smells more minty than anything else. It's not quite what I was hoping for. :(

EDIT now it is getting a light floral note, like a sort of dampened "lily of the valley"

Edited by rkold

several years ago i swapped for a decant of this. i don't remember now which forumite i got it from, but it is/was someone i trust.

but i have a bad habit of putting decants away, unsniffed. and that's how i wound up not even opening this until about a month ago (!)

when i promptly fell in love with it. thankfully i have acquired a bottle (from the DD Cobwebs) ♥

although the bottle version smells a little different - more acquatic and ozone-y, less sugary citrus - than the decant... i still love it. and i hope it ages into the deliciousness that is my decant!

but Reedsong is also right about the mega similarity to Malibu Musk! yes, i still have a bottle and i totally have Malibu Musk on one arm and Toxin on the other. love them both. although, sadly, this new bottle of Toxin gives me a bit of a headache. :cry2:

but i think it is the ozone-acquatic thing. i'll put it away and hope it ages into something non-headachey.

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Slightly soapy white flowers and zesty white citrus, almost pithy. Fresh, zingy, vaguely aquatic/cologney. Reminds me of Szessapony. Ozone tingles my nose.

Wet: White tea (slick and slightly sweet) and a iittle ginger - suddenly, I'm reminded very much of Baobhan Sith, though this is more floral/aquatic. It reminds me also of a very delicious dryer sheet. Refreshing and soothing at the same time; very clean but not overly bright. Ozone gives the impression of ionized air, and this reminds me a bit of Lightning, too.

Dry: Huh...I swear I'm getting a metal note now, chrome and shiny, and the ozone is so strong in this. The grapefruit has sweetened up - it's no longer bitter and has a juicy edge, more like pink grapefruit. Still a bit of floral cologne, but less soapy. I find this more unisex now, whereas before it was more masculine.

Summary: Super musky ozone-floral-grapefruit drydown. It's quite nice, sexy and clean. I put it in the same boat as 51 and June Gloom 2009. Lower throw but good longevity.

:wub2:

Tested a bit of Coldie's bottle. Szepasszony is too cold of a scent to be comparable to this (nor does Sze have a citrus drive to it); this is much warmer, like Lightning or Tempest but not with quite so much ozone. It's got a very smooth background that's vaguely vanilla, but not quite.

I liked it, but I don't hafta have it.