Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
voodoobaby

What to wear to a rock show?

Alrighty. In two weeks I'm going to go visit my sister in California. The main event we have planned? DEVO at the House of Blues in Anaheim. Woohoo! So yeah, we're both majorly excited about it since they're a longtime favorite of ours. I am so excited that I'm already trying to figure out what BPAL to bring along for the show. This might sound like a silly inquiry, but I'm serious. Does anybody have any recommendations for a night of silly new wave in a tiny, sweaty venue?

what scents are you normall drawn to? fruits? spices? ect

i would think a chaos blend would be funky and fun.

neo tokyo maybe? whip :P

now that i think of it whip would be my choice :D

My preferences are spicy, earthy, resiny, green, animalistic, fruity...basically anything but floral.

Whip! :P That's a great idea. If I can get my hands on an imp of it before then I will definitely use it. And I have an imp of Neo-Tokyo on the way in a swap, so we'll see how that one works out.

I also have half an imp of Glitter. That seems good, too. Ah, decisions! I'll probably just get a whole bunch of options and flip a coin or something.

Definitely Loviatar or Wanda. Even De Sade would be a good choice.

"When a problem comes along, you must whip it!"

Edited because I'm stupid.

Edited by termite_of_justice

While Anaheim is far from Hollywood, you ARE coming to the greater L.A. area for a show, so why not try Hollywood Babylon?

I got Neo-Tokyo and tried it out for the first time tonight, and I must say, THIS is it! It's quirky and fruity, kind of like Devo's music. :P Thanks for the suggestions!

Can you believe that I started planning my perfume choice before what outfit I'm going to wear? Now all I have to do is figure that out and wait another ten days. *sighs impatiently*

I don't know why, but Ultraviolet immediately jumped into my head. It's tech-y, and kind of industrial and cool, and I think it would be perfect for Devo.

i am also going to a concert tonight (dead can dance ) I am whearing a purple and black corset boots and skirt . now i was thinking bordello or my beloved new orleans .

Yes, smoking's still allowed in bars here and everytime I go out, I wonder why I've bothered to shower - not to mention waste the precious. Don't get me wrong, I don't want my scent to gag everyone (although, that might get me a better view of the stage), but I do want to stand out above the haze. :P

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

If this has already been discussed, I apologize. Kindly point me in the right direction, if you would. Thanks!

Well, spacekitty, whatcha got? (Your collection link isn't working for me for some odd reason.)

I would suggest something with a good amount of throw and great lasting power, but low on the florals as I've found they go icky when exposed to too too much smoke and haze (this could be my chemistry, though).

Maybe something resinous like Anne Bonny. Dark sexuality like Sin could work too. Or, you could go musky/foody/resinous like Blood Kiss. Something a bit darker and stronger can work in a club setting, so feel free to try something that you wouldn't wear normally b/c it's too strong.

Along the lines of darklorelei's suggestion, I like to wear Aizen-Myoo to clubs when I want to stand out. I think a strong spice scent could also work to cut the smoke - maybe Bengal, or Three Witches if you have it?

Well, spacekitty, whatcha got? (Your collection link isn't working for me for some odd reason.)

That link was my swaps list. I always forget to bump. Grr. Anyway, I've got quite a bit in my keeper box. I'm all over the map scent-wise. Don't have any incensy oils or too many heavy musks.

Maybe something resinous like Anne Bonny. Dark sexuality like Sin could work too. Or, you could go musky/foody/resinous like Blood Kiss. Something a bit darker and stronger can work in a club setting, so feel free to try something that you wouldn't wear normally b/c it's too strong.

I've got Sin. It's been a while since I've worn it, but that would totally work. I'll see what other musky/resiny scents I've got.

Thanks for the help - I just needed a kick in the right direction. :P

Along the lines of darklorelei's suggestion, I like to wear Aizen-Myoo to clubs when I want to stand out. I think a strong spice scent could also work to cut the smoke - maybe Bengal, or Three Witches if you have it?

Cool, I just ordered Bengal! But the show's tonight.

Three Witches is a good idea, though!

What do you guys think of something with Patchouli? Too cliche?

I almost always go with Perversion if there's going to be smoke, personally. Works with the smoke rather than against it, in my opinion.

Heh. Stardust. :P

I was actually wondering if Bon Vivant would work but it this isn't exactly a Champagne sort of club. Superhopper isn't even a Champagne of Beers sort of band! They're more like a Hamm's or JagBomb sort. :D

Edited by Spacekitty

Someone standing in front of me at the Sisters of Mercy show in Austin had some fabulous rose scent that I think she was wearing in her hair -- I almost asked her if it was BPAL, but never had the chance. :P

If you don't have any incensy scents, I guess that rules out Urd, but it's a "Purple Haze" kind of scent.

How about Smut? Booze and musk, I associate that with rock show!