Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A subtle love and money combination blend. Tends to invoke the luxurious, pleasurable aspects of romance and prosperity.

Right away I smell sweet, sweet lemons. I was hoping for a creamy scent but this isnt bad. It is invigorating to wear and makes me want to dance a bit ~ I did :P This is a very happy lively scent that reminds me of honeyed lemonade, not at all sour but completely honeyed and very chilled. I'm thinking this oil is for bringing prosperity from the name. I'll have to get back to ya that but it really does make you feel very good. I am very grateful to have tried this TAL and send my thanks to the person who so generously sent it to me!

I'd have to add that this really works. I've been getting alot of praise from my coworkers and very big goodies from my lover :D ( that can mean so many things...) Edited by Shollin

TALMilkandHoney.gif

In the bottle

It's a gold colored blend. that smells exactly of fresh lemons at first sniff then a mild sweetness underneath.

On

Different than I expected. This smells of fresh air and lemon and a touch of sweetness underneath from what seems like just a drop of honey. The milkiness is coming through now after about 10 seconds but it's subtle. Good lord this is good. :P

30 minutes

Still primarily lemony. It hasn't faded away but it has faded more than I'd like.

Throw:

average

Scent category:

Citrus/Foody

Summary

Even more lemony than the BPAL blends; Zephyr, Phobos, and Emblaming Fluid. This would make such a great spring/summer scent. There are some blends which evoke a strong emotional response in me and this is one of those. It evokes feelings of childhood, fresh air and sunshine.

It does't have throw to speak of and it isn't a sweet blend either. You really have to close your eyes and sniff to get the subtle layers of milky sweetness underneath otherwise you'd think this smelled like just fresh lemons.

This smells it's best when it's dry on my skin. It gets rounder, creamier (but just a touch) gentler, not as astringent from the lemon.

Purchase again?

Yes

1-5 rating (5 being best)

I am mad for Milk and Honey, which was a gift from a Mystery Woman benefactress. :D It is one of the few oils that sits on my altar, for ceremonial use only.

I expected "O"-like honey, and that's not it. This doesn't come off sweet at first; the topnotes are citrus-herbal. BUT, the drydown is gorgeous and brings out the essence of the blend--a creamy honey that you have to nuzzle your skin to smell. It's like wildflower honey; slightly herbal and clean in its sweetness, natural and beautiful. I've worn it several times now and gotten such a positive vibe each time. :P

Edited by Laurel the Woodfairy

Milk and Honey

In the imp: creamy lemons, lemons and milk…lemon curd even! Yum!

Wet on skin: lemon! I'm thinking a combination of the fruit, and also a lemony herb-maybe verbena or lemon balm? It still has a creamy background, and I can smell a bit of honey.

Dry on skin: lemon and honey tea! That's what it smells like. It's not as creamy as it was before, now it smells like an infusion of lemon scented herbs, lemon peel, all sweetened with honey, and a little hint of lemon curd comes from behind it all. I think there may be a tea note in here too. This is a gorgeous scent-very zingy and bright, uplifting.

But let's not talk about scent, let's talk about intent-this time, I decided to use it for its money aspect. Apart from dabbing this on my skin (with intent), I dabbed some of this oil onto my wallet, whilst visualising and hoping that a gentle influx of prosperity would come my way, in the best way possible.

After a while: as the lemon notes mellow out, another note begins to surface-I'm not 100% certain what it is but I know I've smelt it before-it's a dry, pale scent, and it's woody…oh I know what it is! It's sandalwood, probably white sandalwood! Warm, dry, exotic sandalwood with lemon (balm) on top, drizzled with honey. What a gorgeous scent, this is one of the TAL oils that smell very nice indeed.

Verdict (scent): this is one of the nicer smelling TAL blends, a scent of lemon and lemon herbs (I'm thinking lemon balm as it reminds me of Polyhymnia's lemon scent), a hint of cream/milk and honey (of course-although this scent is heavier on the honey than the milk) and a pale sandalwood note that comes out at drydown. A scent that reminds me of lemon curd, lemon tea, and old fashioned lemonade sweetened with honey. I know most TALs aren't all about the scent, but I adore the fragrance in here.

Verdict (intent/ritual): I think it seems to be working! no, I didn't get rich quick (this is, after all, a subtle love and money blend), but after doing the whole wallet anointing thing, my dad gave me a good amount of money before he left to go on holiday. Then I ended up selling more imps and bath and body products than usual on LJ successfully, getting a nice amount of money in the process. Seems to be working! I'm going to keep trying with this, to see if it will work more of it's magic on me…I will one day try this again for it's love aspect, and next time I will try a candle ritual.

In the Bottle: Bright, sweet lemons

On: It took me a while to place the scent bu I finally got it - it smells exactly like Lemon Zinger Tea with honey. So there must be some rose hip action to go along with the lemons and honey. This is wonderful - I feel energized wearing it.

Use: Just feeling better about work is a good thing, we'll see how the romance plays out.

Edited by Tramp

Scent: Lemony and almost herbal at first, drying down to a slightly powdered, creamy honey lemon. It kind of reminds me of Fee Verte with the tiniest touch of Morella. I don't know what the latter commonality might be, but I wouldn't be shocked if there was a teeny drop of civet in this - I think that might be where the powder note is coming from. Or not. :P

Function: I got a free lunch from my manager and the possibility of another, better paying job. Good start! I think I'll devote a little more ritual energy to this one before wearing it next time, and see what happens.

This is my absolute go-to scent when I am grumpy, tired, or otherwise feeling low. It never fails to improve my mood. It's a bright lemony scent, with a soft powdery amber and maybe sandalwood base, and I think a touch of vetiver and honey for spice and sweetness.

As far as being effective, I have no "KAPOW I'm rich and happy now!" story. But since I've started wearing it, I've noticed that I'm noticably calmer, more even tempered, and all around more peaceful and happy. Cheerful, even, and I'm not generally known as a cheerful type (I'm not down in the dumps all the time, but I tend more towards seriousness and sarcasm than cheerfulness). And I did just get a promise of full-time summer employment and a school loan check. Neither were completely unexpected, but I'm going to count them anyway. :P

I don't ever want to be without a bottle of Milk & Honey, it makes me that happy.

Huh. I received a decant of this in a swap, and I smell no lemons at all, nor any honey. This smells of new-mown hay, dry dust and drier herbs.

I'm planning to anoint my palms for 9 times 9 days, in hopes that the Universe will pour out milk and honey for me and mine. (From my lips to the Bountiful Mother's ear.) So watch this space for future remarks on the efficacy of the oil.

ETA: Two weeks into my elongated spell, I've made a lot more sales than usual (which I promptly spent on more bpal, so there ya go). So far, so good.

Edited by harmonyfb

Milk & Honey really reminds me of tea. My mother used to drink this hot tea with honey and lemon in it, and that's what this smells like on me. Slightly herbal, sweet honey, and a burst of lemon.

I'm not so sure about effectiveness. My romantic life is not lacking, but my finances still are, lol.

This smells much sharper than I imagined. Very herbal, with a very pointy lemon note. Not very honey like but sweet, yes. It smells OK, but not something I love to smell like. Haven't tried it in any way except sniffing yet, I admit.

I think there's heliotrope in this... scent wise it smells like Feu Follet with a dose of lemon and honey, not that I'm complaining, it's beautiful and makes me feel a little bit happier than normal. I don't know yet if it has been working, but if anything does happen I'll update this.

I think I made a good choice with this oil, it's subtle and right up my alley because of that. I don't really expect anything huge or material from it, I'm just wearing it with a small dose of intent.

Edit: well.. I aced the midterm I took while wearing it. I know that most of this is the result of my own hard work, but I'd like to think that the TAL helped, even if it's a bit like Dumbo and his feather.

Edited by Summerpixy

I love the scent of this oil, so much that I had to do what was for me unthinkable: order more because I tend to wear it as a perfume, with just a little bit of intent (rather than use it in ritual). Because I believe the TAL's shouldn't be used as perfumes exclusively, I try only to wear it when I need the boost, and I also try to have at least a small moment of meditation/concentration when I put it on, but....

I ADORE this!

To me it smells like lemon balm more than actual lemons, and as someone else noted, its like herbal lemon tea, which again, to me suggests lemon balm. That's the top note, then it fades down to a creamy honeyed scent: like lemon tea with honey and a bit of cream. Its gorgeous and golden and makes me happy every time I smell it.

Like all the TAL oils (on me anyway!), it doesn't last long as a perfume, which will likely help me keep a bit of frivolous use at a bay.

And it does seem to work, though perhaps not as dramatically as some of the other TAL's (but hey, it says subtle, and anyway, I've not used it as seriously in ritual as some of the others). One day I put it on before I went out to dinner with the BF, and he bought dinner, which was good, because we'd been fighting over money. He also told me I smelled good, so I attribute that dinner to Milk and Honey!

What scent I got from this was a light honey, though if truth be told, I wasn't much noting the smell at the time I used it.

I had just been pushed out of a relationship that was neither mine nor his choice, and to say it was a bad experience is the understatement of the century. Money also hasn't been great for me for a long time, so while I was far from expecting love and hundred dollar bills to fall from the sky, I thought that a little boost might be in order. I sat myself down for a few moments of quiet when I applied it, to clear my mind and focus on the intent that I had for the day. To move past the old love and be open to a new one, to get just that little push towards the right direction, to have a little love for the time that I am here. I made a tiny x on the back of my neck, across my heart and a touch to each wrist, below the palm. Almost immediately I became somewhat grounded, and I felt a lot calmer than I had in days.

Barely minutes later, I made a discovery cleaning my room that lead to a free benefit through my credit card, as well as finding out that my report had gome up a couple of points. Despite cleaning house, which I rarely like, I was in high spirits and they rose a little more to find out that I had a few extra dollars in the bank than I had originally thought. While I can't really contribute this all to the oil, I was sure that it had opened my mind and feelings towards accepting them.

Later that night, I quite enjoyed a few hours shooting pool at a local bar, which is a bit of a rarity. One of the bouncers was extremely friendly and flirty with me, and while I am normally shy and quiet, found myself at comfort talking to him about a great many things. I also found one of the other bouncers trying to hang around me, and got a few more looks than I usually receive.

Was it all coincidence, or was the oil partly to blame? I'm interested in using it more often, and even if it's just a chance of luck, the grounding and lift of my spirits made a possibly disasterous day [which it had started out to be] turn into one that I greatly enjoyed, and will remember for some time. I do believe that there is something both wonderous and mysterious about this blend, and I am positive that I will be forever thankful for those subtle little pushes that it's given me.

I didn't smell any lemons in this oil until I read these reviews. I smell cream and honey. It's what I'd hoped Milk Moon would have smelled like. Unlike M.M., Milk and Honey isn't sour. It's sweet and warm and certainly something I'm enjoying on this warming summer morning.

Tonight I just sniffed this in the bottle.

The honey in this hit me first - it smelled exactly like the honey in Al-Araaf to me. This honey is a thin light honey to my nose, underscored by creme and tea roses. Following this was a gentle lemon that got stronger as I sniffed.

It's absolutely lovely -- and a very romantic smelling blend to me. I'm looking forward to using it in an oil burner especially.

I'm sitting next to a toothpick that has some of the oil on it, and it keeps wafting over me. How lovely!

Bravo!

n.

Edited by zenvodunista

Milk & Honey - Before I got this blend, I assumed that it would be a milk and honey scent, based on the name. I was surprised when I sniffed it the first time and smelled really strong lemon, and then it hit me: "Milk and honey" is a phrase denoting prosperity! Duh, of course it's named after its intent and not its scent! Anyway, as for scent, it's a strong, thick lemon scent, not unlike lemon Pledge. Actually, it's more like a dust rag that I've just used along with lemon Pledge, as it has a bit of dustiness about the scent, as well. It's very strong when first applied, but becomes more subtle as it dries down, and after about an hour on my skin, I notice that the lemon is completely gone, and it's now taken on an herbal quality that blends with the dust. At about the 3 hour point, I notice something that smells like pepper, which blends with the herbal scent. This lasts for about an hour, and then all I can smell just nice, chunky herbs, which lasts until the blend fades, at about the 6 hour point. I don't really care for this s cent, but obviously, fragrance is not the purpose of it, so it doesn't really matter. I have not tried this scent with intent, but if I do, I will be sure to report back the results!

I've not "put this to the test" yet so I'll review it on scent alone for now, although imo, the various TALS/purpose oils should never be used as *just* perfume :P

Sweet, honeyed lemons. The honey is very subtle and there's a tad of powder to it as well as the tiniest hint of something creamy underneath. Amazing throw.

Again, as far as effectiveness, I can't say yet but so far all the TALs I've used work really well. I can say that I was feeling a bit down just before I applied this and now I'm feeling a bit on the brighter side. I feel more positive than I have all day :D

Really interesting scent, definitely not quite what you would expect from a name like Milk and Honey. There is definitely a creamy honey note there; it's a very natural, raw honey note, not sticky sweet like the one in O. There is a refreshing citrusey/lemon note that dominates the blend. It sort of reminds me of a Lemon Drop candy coated in honey and light florals. A very nice, pleasant scent; rather invigorating.

This smells of lemons to me, and then changes into a creamy lemon, and then about 20 minutes later baby powder.

As for effectiveness, it's too early to tell, but my day went a lot smoother when I put it on. I was able to aquire a ride when I thought I wouldn't be able to, my volunteer work with a client that can be pretty volatile was nice to me, I got a discount on a tea that I wasn't expecting, and when I thought I missed the bus because I decided to walk to the next stop, the bus got delayed and I was able to catch that bus without running.

As for love, my SO hasn't come home yet, so I will edit this later and again when I can test this out more than once to see if it's truly effective.

ETA: doesn't look like it changed anything love-wise. I'll update this again once I've tried it a few times for it's effectiveness.

ETA 10/08/06: Well something happened yesterday that fit quite well with one of my intentions using this oil a week ago. It completely surprised me. So was this the TAL or coincidence? I'm going to say the TAL had some influence even though I haven't used it for a week.

Edited by sporadicity

I've tried Milk & Honey on a couple of occasions so far from a decant I bought from a kind forumite. :P

I like the scent--pretty much what you'd expect based on the reviews, I think. I haven't yet noticed any extraordinary happenings with this oil as far as getting results in love or prosperity. I have been pretty cranky lately, so I'll take blame there too.

The biggest thing that I did notice was that this cat who lives in my complex went nuts for it! I walked outside and the kitten was there. She was unsually demanding of attention and rolled around looking really cute for a long time and managed to engage me in a game of chase and kept trying to distract me when I tried to leave. I don't know if it's her or me, but I'm guessing the milky note in the blend didn't hurt her opinion of me. I can only hope that I'll see similar results in people soon!

I have an imp from a forum sale, as a way to dip my toes in before I make an order ... I've given Milk and Honey a few wears over the last few weeks since I've had the imp, with a thought to intent prior to applying a little to pulse points. I can't say that big rituals are my cup of tea, but I can understand the intent behind having a ritual, because it makes a good focal point.

In the imp, I smell lemon, and honey, a lovely deep, raw honey. The lemon isn't sharp, it's more like the smell you get when you're zesting lemons...

Wet on skin, I get light florals over honey. The first few times I wore this it stayed close to the skin; today it was pretty heady, I quite enjoyed floating about in a cloud of honey and florals, but I don't think my co-workers really needed it.

Dry on skin, the lemon peeks out again, sweetened by the honey. Scent-wise I quite like this, which a bonus on top of any intended effects.

Intent-wise: since I've had this imp, DH was advised of, applied for, and then offered a better position in his current workplace. At my workplace, the mood is a little better (although still frantic, but I'm a little less stressed about it), things at home are full of kittens (: The housemate made good on repayment of grocery money, I was also able to make use of some credit I had with a friend of mine, there were a couple of easy ebay wins (more BPAL! *grin*) ... don't know if any of this counts, but having a little good fall our way isn't something we're about to turn away or anything!

I notice some similarities to TAL Glamour, which kind of makes sense. Lemony something, heliotrope, rose, something else sweet and vanilla-like and golden. I put this on today and got money in the mail I'd forgotten I was owed (and which I could really use this time of year - hence the anointing!) and an old friend who never visits came by with a gift. Even the cats seemed more affectionate.

I ordered Milk & Honey for my new house. Since we don't move in for 2 more weeks, I thought I'd give it a spin on my skin.

It is as everyone has described: lemony, sweet, moments of minty herbalness... but it's much more complex. It smells of every place I've ever loved. It morphs and morphs and morphs. Wow.

It certainly did invoke pleasurable aspects for me! Can't wait to try it in the new house!

*** update. We're in the new house. Milk & Honey is perfect. It invokes a sense of pleasurable luxury. I LOVE IT. ***

Edited by xoe

Wet, this is sharp lemon, mint and herbs. Once it dries, this is gorgeous!! It's much softer, sweeter and creamy. It is certainly uplifting and the effect is quite impressive!