Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
StormtrooperPrincess

Bravery, Courage, Confidence, Intimidation, Power

I'd suggest something like High John the Conqueror. Even though it doesn't make you smell "smart" per se, it always makes me feel more confident, and when I feel more confident, I also feel smarter.

My very first thought was...

Perhaps something that's very subtle or faint on your skin, or even no scent at all? (blasphemy, I know!) The only reason I say this is, might it not be better to avoid distracting from what you're presenting/talking about? Maybe just something that sticks close to you, to give you a little boost....but doesn't throw a whole lot.

As far as specific scents, though, that would depend on what scents behave this way on you, I guess. For me, it might be Count Dracula or Satan and Death with Sin Intervening (but I'm a guy).

Anyway, good luck, and that's just my 2 cents!

Have you considered looking for TAL decants? In particular, Brass Balls, Crucible of Courage and War sound like they might be appropriate for your situation.

Other than that, you would want a crisp, clean scent -- while I understand Forspecial Plate's reasoning, I'd suggest going for something that at least /you/ will be able to smell while you're wearing it, that way you can "fortify yourself" in scent. :P How about something like Dirty? (crisp clean linen) it's a nice, simple "clean" scent to other people, but it's also very professional..

ETA: You could also go for something like Moxie, although buying a whole 10mL for one presentation might be a little much ^_~

Edited by myoubi

Perhaps something that's very subtle or faint on your skin, or even no scent at all? (blasphemy, I know!) The only reason I say this is, might it not be better to avoid distracting from what you're presenting/talking about? Maybe just something that sticks close to you, to give you a little boost....but doesn't throw a whole lot.

Thanks for bringing that up. I want something that affects only me (if my impressionables notice anything from the distance I'll be at, I will definitely have overapplied), and on me, NOTHING has throw unless I use half an imp. So, everyone, carry on. :P Description still applies - makes me feel good and seems "smart". Kind of sharp.

What about a scent that you like in a scent locket so that only you smell it? That way you can wear your normal scent so that you don't seem out of the ordinary, but you have your secret weapon close at hand.

I like Love Me and Glasya as my kick-ass scents.

I sent in an order for some imps and got, for their supposed spikiness and thus sharp reminders of "Shikkari!" (Get it together), Ultraviolet and Shattered. Yum. Shattered sounds like enough to stick to my skin. Hopefully they'll get here on time, LOL.

Next week I'm starting a new job that requires nearly constant social interaction and and no small amount of charm.

I'm really amped up about doing well in this position and I want to make a great first impression.

Being a naturally shy person, I'm trying to give my attitude a little bit of 'oomph' by dressing a little fancier and trying to smile more, and by trying to be more assertive, friendly, and outgoing.

Does anyone have any suggestions for scents or blends that I might add to this persona, scents that might inspire confidence and easy conversation?

It has to be something with a little power to it, but something inviting, and not too aggressive. I'm looking to build happy, casual relationships, but not sexual ones.

A lot of this depends on what makes you feel the best. Boomslang is my go-to scent for good throw and a lovely scent that makes me happy. The Snake Oil in it adds power and the chocolate coating adds warmth. Et Lux Fuit is my lovely sweet floral option.

From the catalog, I find Dragon's Milk to be warm and confident. Mouse's Long and Sad Tale is friendly and warm, but not really this outgoing persona you're building. I hope this helps at least a little!

Tarot: Empress certainly exudes charm. It is a scent for a person who has presence in a yin way, an empowered woman.

Tarot: Sun is good for the energy of friendships and offering the best of yourself.

Tarot: Chariot will help you reign in your energies and direct them towards positive action. Very dynamic and outgoing.

Tarot: Magician is great for confidence to create the life you want.

Tarot: Temperance is useful for balance which you will need with such a shift of energy as your new job requires.

Good mojo to you! :P

Edit: double post.

Edited by tarotbydiana

I'm normally a very peaceful person (I tongue-lash, but that's about it), therefore can't write fight scenes worth a damn. I've tried I have at least three I have to write in something I'm working on.

For starters, I need to feel like "I've never done this before, and I'm actually a trap and am too young be here, but I have to help hold off a Persian horde because it's just what I've got to do, you know". The Cruxshadows' "Sophia" and "Winter Born" are helpful, but other senses?

Also a "You just pissed me off, bitch, and now I'm going to shank you in the face" one for a young woman who hides fear with anger. For same, an "I don't care who you are, you're not doing that to me" when she's been bought as a concubine.

I think these are in the appropriate place. But I need to feel this with other senses, and it's also kind of a game.

Double post, different topic. I figured this was the closest I could get in topic - wandering down the street alone looking for my friends in town, dressed up, snarling along to Nick Cave's "Up Jumped the Devil" and "Sugar Sugar Sugar" and all the early smack-fueled stuff on Tender Prey. IRL I look like a Caucasian version of Osaka (seriously, I do). So it's kinda intimidating from the absolute filth coming out of my mouth, kinda weird, kinda cute (because I dress like a schoolgirl). What is it like?

Hey there everyone, i have a bit of a special scent request for my mother. I'm pretty sure the title explains it, but she's looking for something which exudes "power" and possibly dominance... without being masculine. The only thing is all we could find were sexual oriented scents that spell power. She's interested in more of a fear/reverence take on power as opposed to a sensual one. I have this feeling she wants to gain more respect from her boss or something like that. Well anyway any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ^^.

Edited by ivyandpeony
megred thread " Power, with a hint of control and a pinch of dominance"

So something very womanly? Maybe the Witch Queen-- I've always heard that's a very strong, womanly blend.

Oh, also Akuma! I know a lot of people have said the sharpness of the blend makes it a good one for a strong businesswoman.

The Red Queen is also very stately.

ahh i see, i shall have to go read up on these scents lol. Hmmm.. i was looking at Medea earlier, but i'm not sure how it would work... these "regal" scents look to have some promise. :P

You may want to try Manhattan, which to me has a power/control vibe. Also, some of the conjure bag (voodoo) oils might fit the bill.

The scent that I want to reccommend most is Morgause, both for who she is and the scent itself. It seems very appropriate. Some other scents that, to me, feel powerful and bold in a non-sexual way are Ultraviolet, Azathoth and Highwayman. Ultraviolet has a very strong energy, Azathoth is a nice balance of masculine and feminine, and Highwayman just kinda commands respect.

I just want to add- Some of the Twilight Alchemy Lab scents might be appropriate for her as well. I have never personally tried them, but have heard a lot of great feedback.

Oh and High John the Conqueror would be another perfect one.

Edited by BlackLace

I think I know the vibe your mom is going for. The scent that does the trick for me is Anactoria, but that's an LE from last year's Lupercalia update. (I'm really hoping it comes back, but I've got three or four bottles just in case it doesn't!) But you could try tracking down a bottle in swaps/sales.

The only scents that have ever come close to Anactoria for me in terms of the Do NOT Fuck With Me vibe are Nocnitsa and Loviatar. Loviatar is sort of sexy, but it's also very no-nonsense. Nocnitsa is just...it literally gives me a mental image of a totally kick-ass woman striding forward and people just clearing a path for her.

A couple more thoughts: The Lion is a very regal scent, and in fact "regal" is the word that comes to mind every time I wear it. However, it's also a warm scent. I've found that cooler scents often help when I'm going for a take-charge, maybe even slightly aloof mindset, which is usually when I've got to deal with authority figures or bureaucracy. That's just a personal preference, but if your mom feels the same way, then I recommend scents like Black Opal, Yvaine, Szepasszony, Baobhan Sith...maybe Phobos, though I haven't tried that...and of course any of the snowy Yule LEs. Snow White is a wonderful compromise between somewhat creamy sweetness and a sort of otherworldly chill.

(Not to be cruel, but just for the sake of completeness, my ultimate "so cold, it's creepy" scent is Snow, Glass, Apples. I'm sorry, I just felt obligated to mention it because the last time I felt the need for a cold scent, I wore that and it worked really, really well.)

Tabella is one of my power scents....its starts out rich....but goes on light and stays close to the skin....Although it was a forum scent...it should be easy to find...

If your mum is OK with patchouli, I highly recommend Anne Bonny - she is my go-to scent when I need to kick ass & take names. If she really wants to push the don't-fuck-with-me vibe, Hand of Glory is decidedly creepy. Not the scent of someone that you'd want to cross! :lol: Other thoughts: Nemesis ("Nemesis is the executrix of Olympian justice, and her primary duty is to punish hubris and mankind's offenses against the natural order with inflexible, remorseless and raging fury."), Oya, Bilquis, & War...

It sounds like some of the Conjure Bag/Voodoo blends might be most appropriate:

High John the Conquerer
(Bewitching Brews, The Conjure Bag) - A fast-acting, powerful scent used to overcome adversity through positive means. Attracts wealth, prestige, good health, and enhances others' opinions of you. Grants courage and steadfastness.

Van Van
(Bewitching Brews, The Conjure Bag) - A venerable voodoo blend, used for purification of the spirit and to amplify positive personal power.

Wolf's Heart
(Bewitching Brews, The Conjure Bag) - Grants courage under extreme conditions, helps overcome fear of death, and strengthens the fortitude of artists and businessmen, enabling them to further their goals.

I can't attest to their efficacy and I don't know how they smell, but others here have reported good results. If she wants to take things to the next level by using consecrated oils with intent, some of the Twilight Alchemy Lab oils might be what she's looking for:

Road Opener
(Joy & Inspiration) - Brings you new opportunities, shows you alternative paths and breaks down barriers.

Bend Over
(Crossing, Binding, & Controlling) - One of the most notorious Voodoo oils. An astonishingly powerful commanding and compelling blend.

Brass Balls
(Prosperity, Success, & Good Fortune) - Wear to increase courage, especially with regard to social situations. Calms the nerves, instills confidence, and brings your natural charisma to the surface.

War
(Prosperity, Success, & Good Fortune) - A Martial blend, used to ensure success in all manners of battle, war, conquest and victory.

Note: This is different from the
War
blend in BPAL's general catalogue.

Crucible of Courage
(Utility Blends) - Imbues you with enormous amounts of courage. Use this blend when you feel weak, scared, or intimidated. Helps you find the strength to confront dangerous or frightening situations.

Wolf's Heart
(Utility Blends) - Grants courage under extreme conditions, helps overcome fear of death, and strengthens the fortitude of artists and businessmen, enabling them to further their goals.

Note: This is different from the
Wolf's Heart
blend in BPAL's general catalogue.

Again, I can't attest to their efficacy or how they smell, but there's a separate area for Twilight Alchemy Lab chatter where you can learn more, if you're interested.

I would like to second two aforementioned blends: Morgause and Yvaine.

Both of these are scents I would put into the category of "floral," but they are not girly perfumes in the slightest. But are cool, razor-sharp, and ethereal -- they definitely put me into a certain mindset.

For a power scent I really like Queen...it makes me feel strong and beautiful, though my husband doesn't care for it.

oh my, wow thank you SOOO much guys. :) This is beyond helpful, i would have never klnown where to start looking otherwise!! lol. Hmm i think the fresh and icy smells might appeal, i shall look into them. :)

EDIT: huh... :S i can't find anything on Snow White... is it a limited edition??

Edited by Phox

Sign in to follow this