Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
StormtrooperPrincess

Bravery, Courage, Confidence, Intimidation, Power

R'yleh? (in re: Lobster)

There's not much of description from bpal but the general opinion is "evil grapefruit"

I'd go with Hades (you just don't want to mess with the Lord of the Underworld, or the hard, fierce, takes-no-bullshit scent named in his honour) or Yggdrasil.

you might want to try these voodoo blends...

high john the conqueror

blockbuster

black cat

they have helped me tremendously with regard to unbearable work

situations; particularly with my boss....... :P

I agree with sookster about High John The Conqueror! Maybe it's all in my head, but I actually do feel more in control and powerful when I'm wearing it! :P

I'd also suggest Moxie.

My personal pick hits are all voodoo blends. Every one of them has worked for me in various sticky icky situations, and has brought a hard shot of good luck to me:

Van Van-Preposterous amounts of Positive Personal Power

Black Cat-Things work out divinely for you in very strange ways

Has No Hanna-Good luck plain and simple

I really think the goal is to have you be positive and on the high ground, not so much to bring down the other guy. You are after good things happening to you, right? So let the other guy's Kharma do its thing, take care of your own Kharma.

I'm sure you're long done your moots, but thought I'd chime in because I bought some Lex Talionis for my first moot, and it worked great! For one, it's a very confident and powerful scent, and, most importantly, the name fits! Since it's discontinued, you'd have to swap or go to LJ, but I highly recommend this blend for any future litigational forays :P.

Thanks, all.

I have had good luck (grocery clerks jumping out from behind shelves to find just the right bread) with Queen so should remember to use it more. I also have Wolf's Heart. Olympia was on the right track about taking care of my own karma, but I had to laugh when I saw the reference to BlockBuster.

NO NO NO!! the OTHER END, dang it!!

Black Opal is my tough-cookie fragrance. Deep, brooding rocks forming a stone wall between me and anyone crazy enough to mess with me.

The only problem is, it can be too strong. I think I scared myself last time I wore it.

My "I'm going to kick your ass" scents are:

Vechernyaya - the "I may be pretty, darling, but I can still kick your ass" scent.

Pride, The Bow and Crown of Conquest, Titus Andronicus - all very haughty, no-bullshit, better-than-you scents.

Tomorrow I'll be seeing an ex of mine for the first time in almost three years. Things ended very badly between us, and we're going to have a drink tomorrow night just to kind of break the ice and try to be civil. I need some advice about what BPAL to wear.

I don't want to seduce him (lord knows) and I'm not expecting we'll end up best buddies. I'd like to wear a scent that makes me feel strong, attractive, powerful, and confident. Apart from just wearing something I have that I really like, do you guys have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe Queen, which is more about power than sex for me. I don't have any TAL scents.

:P

I think you should go with whatever smells good to you at the time. It's more important to focus on your words and actions. :P Be unambiguous and strong.

You like a lot of the same notes I do, and if I were in your place I would probably put on La Belle Dame sans Merci

unless I wanted to be a bit ferocious, in which case I would wear Faustus (but I don't think the spices were on your list?)

Antique Lace is a great comfort scent in my life, but I'd go for La Belle anyway.

La Belle Dame would be perfect, if for the name alone, but alas I don't have it. There should be some kind of emergency BPAL service that would connect us with the right scent in a crisis situation...

High John The Conqueror?

I'd stay away from florals, seductive, and girly and go with what you like. Perhaps a nice clean neutral scent like dirty or an aquatic.

You'll have to let us know what you did end up wearing (I don't know Queen, but it sounds like it might be right).

Damn. I wish you were right here; I'd give you some of my Belle Dame in the blink of an eye.

Thanks, guys. I ended up wearing Ozymandias. I love it, and it has that Chanel no. 5 "I'm fabulous but don't get too close" vibe.

And...the drink went pretty well!

There should be some kind of emergency BPAL service that would connect us with the right scent in a crisis situation...

Amen! I don't have any idea how the logistics would work, but there should be one! :P Sort of like ordering pizza--a cute Goth girl or guy (you get to choose!) shows up in 15 mins. with your imps. "Ma'am, I hear we have an urgent imp situation on our hands. These supplies should get you through the night ok."

Sort of like ordering pizza--a cute Goth girl or guy (you get to choose!) shows up in 15 mins. with your imps. "Ma'am, I hear we have an urgent imp situation on our hands. These supplies should get you through the night ok."

:P love it!

So I'm placing an order this afternoon and hoping it comes in before the two-week mark so I can use it in the below tableau.

Situation: On the 25th I have a presentation at which I need to look really good. This will be meant for four people. Two of them are exceptionally hard-ass, one of them is famous, and the fourth has been training me for two years and I don't want to let him down. Therefore, I need to be very quick on my mental feet and think and speak clearly. Trouble is, in this kind of situation I'm not. Not at all. There will be many requests for divine intervention in the near future.

Need: Something that's a confidence booster in an "I look good" kind of way, and, well, makes me smell "smart". There can be absolutely no "sexy" in this, b/c even though three of these people are men, they're the kind of men who would know when they're being played for that.

If it helps, I've been using Kumiho as my "serious" scent, but don't think it's sharp enough to cut it.

Sign in to follow this