Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White geranium, calla lily, cedarwood and black orchid. A gentle floral bouquet masks a sinister and black-hearted core.

Initial impression:
It smells like a floral soap to me.

First on:
Guh, all green. But wait, there is orchid in the background – and I love orchids!

Dry:
It's become a strangely ”sharp” mix of florals to me after about 10 mins. It mellows out after a while, to a very pleasant and gentle scent.

Finally:
Don't like florals, but it was rather pleasant. Passing it on.

I didn't like this at all :P I washed it off and it was hard to get off! I ended up putting baking soda and water on my wrists to try to get the smell away. I just don't care for this!

Off to the swaps/sales.

Got this from Carmentcita this past weekend at the Faerie Fest when we had an informal M-n-S.

Imp: Fresh. I can semll Cedar but it's not overpowering.

Wet On Me: Lilly, cedar, and a hint of the white geranium

Drying Down: A flowery cedar. Very nice, light

Dry: More Cedar now....and some Orchid coming thru.

It's nice, not unpleasant but Not something I'm going to go hunt down I think.

I have to admit here, Goneril is one of my favorite Shakespearean character, second only to Beatrice. She's so honest and open about her quest for power, and all of her machinations and loyalties are right there in the open. She's also the one who wears the pants in her relationships. Regan seems to have the middle child syndrome, she's sneaky and plays both sides until she's pretty sure that she can win. And she follows both her sister and her husband, again, until she's positive that she can win. So given all of that, how could I at least not try a scent that was named after my favorite villian?

In the bottle- To me it smells like an herby licorice. Seriously. Interesting, though I don't know how I feel about that.

Definitely a really sharp floral at first. Kind of an interesting scent on me. The florals turn to baby powder really quickly, but something really sharp. Appropriate, this is Goneril concerned for her father, who pretends to be after his well being, but there's something sinister there. Then all of a sudden, the cedar comes out, overpowering everything else. I smell like the wood carving booths at festivals. Actually, I think I like that. This is the Goneril who cheats on her husband with Edmund, kicks her father out of the house, and then declares war on her sisters. It starts to get a little sweeter again, the cedar is still the strongest note, but it's mellower. This is the Goneril who geniunely loves Edmund, and is less of a bitch than Regan.

Ah, the tale of Goneril, in a scent. Now let's hope that she last longer than her namesake.

Final thought- Not something I'd wear often, but it's kind of fun to have around.

In the bottle it was mostly cedar with a bit of florals. Wet the orchid came out. Dry it's cedar and lemon?? Very odd. Pleasant, but not sure if I'd use it often.

In bottle/imp: Very woody geranium perfume.

Immediately on skin: The geranium is the strongest note in this and it is accented by strong cedar and a touch of very perfume-y lily. It’s very sharp and dry with no sweetness to it.

After a few minutes: Geranium is one of my “ew, get it off” notes in most of the bpal blends. In this one, it’s rather strong. After wearing for a little while, this has gotten a bit less sharp. The geranium is still the star of the show, and there’s a lot of cedar going on in the background. The lily has really come out and smoothed out the entire blend… it’s not as rough and sharp as when I first put it on. The black orchid has peeked out too and is lending a nice sweetness to this. After drying down I would describe this as a slightly sweet and floral geranium and cedar-dominated blend.

Overall Impressions: This is a nice slightly sweet geranium perfume if you enjoy that note as well as cedar. It’s not overly bitter and calms down nicely. It’s too bad I’m not a fan of geranium at all.

Very sour...I think the blend of cedar and geranium is what's making me think "sour". I'm not a big fan of geranium and it's very strong here. Not good on me at all.

Imp: Very strong, more masculine with a nutty undertone

Wet: citrusy, bright

Dry down: very light; sweet citrus bath product.

Conclusion: I guess I get mainly geranium, with some calla lily sweetening it. Thank goodness, because cedar usually takes over my skin. And it's such a reversal from what I smelled in the imp; quite girly and soft.

This is actually quite nice on the dry down, not terribly strong, but really pleasant to catch a whiff of on your skin now and then. Lasts nicely also; at least three hours on my skin without fading much.

I am really, really bad at picking out florals. I managed to pick up an imp of this, though, and I love it. It actually reminds me of my very favorite blend, Rubedo v.4. That one doesn't list notes, of course, so I can't tell what note it has in common, but one of these florals is also in that; the similarity is uncanny. I am getting a lemongrass note, which amps on me, but not as much in this as usual. The cedar is definitely there underneath. Overall, I can see why some people get "bathroom cleaner" out of it, because I can see that association, but . . . in a very pleasant way, if such a thing is possible. XD I get citrus and wood and floral and juicy fruit, and it's nice on me.

Very pretty, but so very, very light that I'm sure it will be gone in the next hour. Lots of geranium and wood at first, but the lily and orchid finally peeked in and decided to take over, leaving just a hint of spice with the geranium. Like I said, very pretty but it won't last long.

When I first sniffed this, it made me think of a barn where I used to take riding lessons at. I was baffled at mental connection--there is nothing "animal" or even particularly "warm" about this scent. Then I realized that not only does something of the floral note remind me of the fancy, expensive shampoo used on the fancy, expensive show horses but I think that barn also used cedar shavings in the stalls which would make sense with the cedar notes here. (Honestly, this barn was cleaner and better smelling than a lot of people's houses!)

While this was pleasant and interesting, I don't think that I'm going to be a huge fan of florals. Something about this scent is just a bit too soapy for it to be a great favorite. It does smell quite clean and isn't terribly powerful on me. I'm glad that I've tried it, and I'm sure I'll use up the imp! But I don't think I'll make a point to hunt down more.

I got this in an Ebay imp lot. Cedarwood can go medicinal on me pretty quick, but the florals in this prevent that. It definitely fits the description of a gentle floral bouquet with a black heart. Interesting, but the cedarwood is still too iffy on me. To the swap box.