Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Purification :: Healing :: Forgiveness
The Astral Body :: Emotional Health :: Compassion
Dream Work :: Divination :: Imagination :: Friendship
Spiritual Growth :: Tranquility :: Tenderness
Receptivity :: Creativity :: Illusion

In the vial, Undine smells of something dark that my nose doesn’t like, and perhaps lavender. Sadly on my skin, it gets more offensive (whatever is doing it, I wish it wouldn’t! Others talk of vetiver, which could be it, I guess) but there is still a lavender-like smell there behind it, but the badness is pretty much all I can smell of this blend. Thankfully after a few hours the icky smell starts to fade, while the sweetness (which reminds me a little of bubblegum, so it’s probably lotus) lingers. Sadly I don’t think I can deal with this because it’s so awful, for so long, on my poor nose.

In Bottle: Vitamins

On Skin: Eeeekk… this seriously smells like vitamins. Not fruity enough to be Flinstones, but close. There is also a dark earthy scent in the back, but the pungent sharp sour note stands in front. I think I get a little ginger in there, and maybe a sweet floral. It does smell wet, but not so much aquatic… more stale. As the scent develops, the sharp tangy vitamin note mellows out a little, but not enough for me to like this scent. It really just smells off on me, but it was very nice to try. Soft throw and short to average wearlength.

EWWW! I don't know what is in this, but it smells like a dirty trashcan and is giving me a headache. Not going to bother with notes because I can't bring myself to smell it long enough to try to figure out what's in it.

Swampy is really the only word I can use to describe this. I can see why it's appropriate, but it is really not me.

Undine has a very watery quality to it, but it is darkened my something; perhaps vetiver. This is just as the ocean; we know it's surface but it has many uncovered mysteries. This is a scent that evokes elemental water spirits and sad, flowing, luminous creatures of the sea. I wear this rarely, but when I do I am always captured by it.

Whoaaaa, salty masculine vetiver. That's mostly all I get out of this, although the vetiver is not as strong as it is in other blends. It's interesting, but not how I want to smell. Vetiver and I aren't best buddies. :P

You know, Undine smells to my mind what Undertow should have been. It's dark, masculine water. There is definitely vetiver in it. This is heavy water, deep sea water. Murky and kinda spooky.

ETA: Trying Undine now after a few years and its definitely more of a powdery aquatic. There's ambergris, moss and perhaps even violet in this.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Yeah, I have no idea what's in this. It smells swampy, and a little powdery too. It's an odd scent.

Other reviewers mentioned vetiver, but I can't pinpoint that note in here. It smells a little sour.

It's hard to describe, and at this point my decant is very, very old. It probably changed a bit since it was new.