Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Since I seem to need to reiterate it...

I can certainly agree with that idea as well. If it's just the little ties that are the main trouble .. give us the instructions, and we'll do it ourselves! I love DIY projects!

Oh dear, what a shame you feel the need to re-state this.

I'd like to think that most of the regulars here have got the message now, and are trying to be patient! I'm sorry if my question on the thread about the price change seemed like nagging, not at all intentional.

Updates (as in, site and new scent updates) are wonderful, but no-one is going to mind if you take your time and sort out the backlog first. I'm sure.

Take care of yourself!

What everybody else said....

Beth, we don't mind to wait - it's well well worth it!! And your sanity is important too, I mean it's more important that you and the whole lab crew are alright than that I get my package a few days earlier. You are a real inspiration :P so take care of yourself...

I truly hope that all this nonsense hoopla you've had to deal with this year is nearing its end. :D

Posting just to add my voice to the crowd! I am one of the peeps who just found out recently that Beth has a full-time day job. I was shocked!!

Anyway these oils are something very special (wearing Aureus today, I think it's responsible for me keeping my sanity through a tough tax season). I echo rosefaith's post, I do not mind waiting. That said, I really appreciate the updates - they help me figure out whether I should be patiently waiting or if I should be reporting a lost order!

As much as I love the ties I can manage without. Maybe those of us who agree could have the labels taped on and if necessary the ties added loose!! we'll learn. :P

Hey, Beth... I'm sure that you are looking for every way possible to simplify any facet of your life right now, no? I cannot even begin to imagine my entire state of being if I were to have the level of stress that you seem to have in your life :shudder:.

That being said, can I say that I don't like the ties on the imps? I find that they get in the way and then they get kind of nappy/stiff as you use the oil more.

Is it worth it to you to pay folks to spend lots of time (a fair amount, at least) to do this? Do you think customers would miss the ties a lot/perceive your product differently without them? Can you (or we, collectively) think of another less labor/cost intensive way to add character to the imps? What about pretty, pre-printed sticky labels that could fit lengthwise on the tubes?

Just trying to help. I think you already know how much people here respect you, your product, and the challenges you have undertaken! :D

I've been wondering the same thing about the ties. I think the juice in the vial is much more important to everyone than the presentation, unique as it is. Seems like the presentation is more important for the larger sizes, and people buy samples just to try all the fun variety BPAL has. If imp tying takes a lot of time, I'd happily take a vial with a simple computer printed stick-on label. I've been really enjoying trying the imps I've received in swaps! Everyone is happy to wait for orders, but with 2 jobs Elizabeth could probably really use some ways to simplify things!

Oh yes, DEFINITELY, I couldn't agree more about the ties. I feel so, so bad knowing you hand-fray all of them, when I know a lot of people, myself included, end up having to cut them off because they get in the way! I think most people just order a ton of imps to see what they like, and don't even give a flip what they look like -- it's that the stuff inside them is about a million, zillion times better than any perfume anyone can get anywhere else! Besides, I think a cute printed stuck-on label would have every bit as much character, or even tying them with twine and then just snipping it off right at the label instead of having to fray them, if that would save you some labor...

I think the ties look great, but I always have to cut them off or else my cats chew the ties and run off with the bottles! its kinda cute, but I don't want any of my oils to go missing (had to chase a kitty to save my Snake Oil when it first came). so, ya, I could do without the ties.

Seems like the presentation is more important for the larger sizes, and people buy samples just to try all the fun variety BPAL has.

i tend to agree with this :D simplify, summer's comin'!!! :P

Being patient can be difficult, but now that I've found your magical elixir's Beth, living without them would be far more difficult.

I do agree with the other posters about the ties. The ties and labels look lovely, but I cut the ends of the ties first thing. They make it so hard to organize the Imps. Perhaps another labeling system would be more time and cost effective.

We want what will make your life easier, Beth. Take good care of yourself.

Yes, I second (or ninth?) the suggestion of simplifying/doing away with the ties/labels - temporarily or permanently. While I think they are totally cool and spooky-Gothic looking, they are the least important aspect of the imp's ear experience for me. A nice little lengthwise sticky label (as inbigtrouble mentioned above) would be just fine. And if you feel it would make your life easier, go for it!

I agree that anything that makes life easier for the lab is a good thing... But I am totally for the ties. I love them, and while I do think what's inside is most important, I wouldn't like to see them go.

I agree with the others about simplifying the imp's to just a sticky label...the ties do look kinda cool but I just cut them off straight away because I find they get in the way too much, and once I got the end stuck in the vial and it sucked some oil out and made everything messy. It seems like this would save you quite a lot of time and money, and I honestly don't think people will think any less of you or your products.

Hi Beth

Perhaps putting ties on the large bottles only is the best solution and leave them off the samples. You could include a picture on the web site of the large bottles decked out in all their glory to entice people!

It is a very unusual signature and nice packaging touch and it would be a shame to loose it completely.

Your regular customers certainly will understand I'm sure.

Anything to simplify your life darling and keep you relativly sane! :P

I end up cutting off the ties on the imps I keep, too, so I wouldn't mind doing away with the ties altogether. It's bad enough that Beth has to scatter her energies on a crappy day job. She shouldn't have to be worrying about imps ears ties at this point. I think any changes that would allow her to focus on her creations instead of tedious details would be an excellent idea.

I think the ties are really cool! I don't cut them off. Something about the way they look ... all wild and tangly and black and unruly ... makes me love to look at my imps even more. I also love the tags on the imps, they have such personality.

BUT ... yeah I see that both of these things, tags and ties, are time consuming and they don't affect how much I love the oils *themselves*.

LOL I'm a fence-sitter! Love the packaging because it's unique and interesting, but if the pacakging weren't there, would still love the product.

I think the ties are really cool!  I don't cut them off.  Something about the way they look ... all wild and tangly and black and unruly ... makes me love to look at my imps even more.  I also love the tags on the imps, they have such personality.

BUT ... yeah I see that both of these things, tags and ties, are time consuming and they don't affect how much I love the oils *themselves*. 

LOL I'm a fence-sitter!  Love the packaging because it's unique and interesting, but if the pacakging weren't there, would still love the product.

:P what she said!! I love the way the imps look and I don't cut the ties off, but I won't have a tantrum of any kind if they have to go.....

I also adore the ties, and do not cut them off, but I seriously would not at all mind seeing them go if it makes it easier for you, Beth! Even just temporarily, while you guys go through these 'growing pains', and then if you are able you could bring them back?

I don't have a problem with the delay. However, would it be possible for you (or whoever maintains your website) to put a note to that effect on your front page? At present it still says "up to 14 days," which as we know is no longer the case, and if I weren't on this board to know better and saw that CCNow says my order shipped weeks ago, I'd probably be pretty panicky by now. Just a note to say that orders can take 4-6 weeks to process would be fine, and might help to lower unrealistic expectations.

I agree with Koumori ... I'm not sure this is a matter of "needing to reiterate" anything ... I certainly didn't know we were looking at a 4-6 week backup when I placed my order. I was under the impression it was still at about a 2-4 week scenario even taking into account that the first order would get lost in the mail :P :D :D ...

Since my order from nine days ago apparently hasn't even been received by BPAL yet I would be confused had I not been trying to keep abreast of things on this board ... (if I'm understanding things right, "awaiting shipment" means that BPAL has not yet "taken" the order from CC Now. Once it says "shipped" all it means is that the order has moved into BPAL's hands and it will probably be another 2-4 weeks before that gets taken care of and shipped at the current back-up rate, yes?)

I'm not saying that had I know how long it would take to receive the package I wouldn't have ordered it ... I absolutely would have! But I know, also, that some people are buying things as gifts or to travel or situations where time IS of the essence (ha, I made a joke) and it would probably be good if they knew that without having to read a separate message board/forum ...

Just my two cents. (And also, I cut the frayed ties off anyway because it is very hard to wrap them and ship them in swaps with the ties on).

The above stated mention on the website makes sence to me.

Is stops newbies ( and me :P )from worries about teh order got lost etc, and will save a lot of e-mail clogging from people asking about the order process!

I guess I'll add my "I cut them too" to the list. What happened for me (and this was heartbreaking!!) was the an end of fray got stuck in the bottle by mistake and by capillary action, sucked out about 1/3 of my Snow White onto the label!!!! So from then on, I've cut the ties as soon as I got them. They do look very cool, but I don't want to risk getting any stuck in the vial again.

So if it's easier, I have no problem skipping the ties and just using a sticky label.

Since my order from nine days ago apparently hasn't even been received by BPAL yet I would be confused had I not been trying to keep abreast of things on this board ... (if I'm understanding things right, "awaiting shipment" means that BPAL has not yet "taken" the order from CC Now. Once it says "shipped" all it means is that the order has moved into BPAL's hands and it will probably be another 2-4 weeks before that gets taken care of and shipped at the current back-up rate, yes?)

Today, my order is on day 22. I ordered March 31 and it hasn't been pulled yet from CCNow. But I told myself going in that I shouldn't expect it for at least a month. Hopefully it will get pulled soon, but I know the wait time now so I'm not paranoid anymore. :P