Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An incredibly strong protection blend. Protects you from the baneful effects of random negativity as well as directed malice. Rebounds attacks on the caster. Use in conjunction with a white figure candle representing you.

This was gifted to me (x2...so I'll have one available :P ). Friends are the best.

I have trouble picking out individual notes in this. It's vaugely sweet, with just a touch of incense. Metallic and yet earthy. It smells like a shining copper shield rubbed with spiced sweet oil and left on dry grass in the sun. This evokes a feeling of glowing warmth...no burning. It feels like the INSIDE that wall of protection, being warmed by the fire that surronds you.

There's a very calming influence to this as well, as one might expect. It comforts and strengthens. Amazing. Edited by Shollin

Origin:

I got an imp of this from the lovely pranashakti. :P

First sniff:

Spicy and hot and...metallic smelling, somehow, pranashakti's right. This reminds me of Uranus but nowhere near as cinnamony...it's more like a resiny cousin of Uranus. This smells damn good. I'm tempted to wear this for scent alone. :D

Wet on skin:

I put this on the back of my neck (getting married and don't want it mingling with the Blue Lilac that's my main scent), so it's hard to smell, but I'm getting whiffs of something akin to The Lion mixed with something fiery and slightly metallic but also slightly resiny. It's warm and comforting, but strong and powerful at the same time. Very hard to describe, but very pretty.

In terms of why I'm using this scent today, let me put it this way...there's been a lot of tension going on between my fiance's family and my family culiminating in a huge knock-down, drag-out fight between me and his mother yesterday that ended in me having a nasty asthma attack and wondering if I should call off the wedding. On top of that, my parents and his mother are polar opposites. They just clash in so many ways and I need some protection. And on top of that my sister-in-law who I've never really gotten along with is here and I need some protection from her, too. I'm in desperate need of a fiery wall of protection right about now, so I've got high hopes for this one.

Dry down:

Pleasantly spicy. Warm and resinous, but also spicy and metallic. It makes me feel strong and invincible, like none of the people who have been getting on my nerves can hurt me and, I can say without a moment's hesitation that this works. No fights, no hurt feelings, no awkward silences or culture clashes. Nothing. Just love and happiness from everyone.

The bottom line:

I couldn't be happier with the effects of this one, it's an absolute lifesaver. I'm 100% positive that this one saved my wedding day for me and my new husband. :D

I received a tiny bit of this scent from pranashakti :P

Fiery Wall is a very warm but clean scent. I definitely pick up dragon's blood most strongly with this belnd. It is muted by another note that is crisp and clear that I can not identify.

This combination of notes made me imagine a clear plexiglass wall surrounding me rather than a wall of flame.

Fiery Wall of Protection has been a lifesaver for me as I am going through an extremely rough time at work. A couple of times when I have known I will have a really gruelling day, I have worn this scent and got through everything without making it worse.

The scent itself is not very long-lasting but the idea of the wall has a lot of staying power.

I hope that I will be able to get my hands on a bottle at some point.

I smell maple syrup and dragon's blood, and a hint of spices. I love the dark red of the oil, thick and gorgeous. I can't wait to use this one at work, I know I'm going to need it. Not sure if I'd buy a bottle, I want to see how it works for me first... :P

Bravo Beth!

violetblue's above review really hit the nail on the head.....

straight sniff from bottle is definitely maple syrup and dragon's blood...perhaps a touch of clove and jasmine too.....

thankfully i got this just in time as i feel i need lots of protection as of late and will report back and tell of my experience :P

Fiery Wall of Protection does not smell very good at all on me. Dragon's blood typically has this strange rotting flowers fragrance on me, and I think that there might be some ylang ylang in here as well (ylang ylang smells off and metallic on my skin). The overall smell of this one on me is strangely reminiscent of dried blood :P

After a half hour or so, I am getting a little spicy clove-ish scent and something sweet underneath the bad smells... but it's still unsettling and not very good on my skin.

I can't comment on the effectiveness yet.

I have an imp of this--and I'm afraid I don't remember the source now. And now I have a bottle on the way.

When I first used it, I was going simply by the name (which on my imp is only "protection") and so I hadn't read the description. I was using it to annoint an amulet I wear on my motorcycle jacket--to protect me when I'm on the bike.

I was immediately struck by how lovely and familiar the scent was....but I couldn't place it. Went on with my ritual, and didn't come back here to see a description til much later.

As soon as I saw dragon's blood, I thought, oh, of course! Yet its not quite as sweet and almost floral as dragon's blood can me sometimes....I also do agree with the maple syrup sort of scent in it. Under it, to me, is a soft wood of some sort. And yes, spice. Clove, as others have noted? Perhaps, though I wonder about allspice, which to my nose is similiar but slightly softer/sweeter.

In any case, I think its a gorgeous scent.

as for its effects, before I knew what it was for, I was using it slightly differently, more for physical protection rather than the effects of negativity. But I've found it very hard to find oils or even stones or other things that are supposed to be for physical protection, so I've decided to use it in that way anyway, with a serious concentration on desired intent.

Does it work? In my experience all the TAL oils work. What I can say about this is that I feel safer and more comforted when I'm wearing it, and I love that I can smell with when I put my jacket on.

I also did a ceremony in which I envisioned my house and yard surrounded by a fiery wall (but one with no sparks! I live in New Mexico, and fire is something I want to be protected from!). I find the scent helps me visualize my protective wall.

I like it a lot.

In Bottle: Sweet resin

On Skin: I get Dragon’s Blood right away, very sweet and warm. I also get a light floral, not tart or “flowery, but more syrupy and sticky… like sweet pea or lily. I also smell something woody… maybe cedar or a soft sweet wood like that. I normally am not a big fan of Dragons Blood, but this blend is quite pretty. I have been surrounded with a lot of negativity lately from some shady people who I can’t get to leave me alone so I think I’m in need of a bottle of this. This scent has a storng throw and good wearing length. I may wear some to the club tonight to ward off any negativity that might be waiting.

Dragon's Blood, immediately. There's something else here, though, keeping it from going super-sweet-powder-gardenia on me, as it usually does. There seems to be a touch of jasmine in this, too. Again, it's not screaming out at me like it normally does. After a couple of hours there's the addition of what strikes me as a very subtle, creamy vanilla. Allergies acting up, however, so don't quote me on that last one.

As far as it's purpose, it definitely brings on a feeling of calm and safety. We've been dealing with some negative crap around here and this has helped bring on the feeling of "it's all going to be okay".

I bought this one for non-smell purposes only but I'm so happy to report that, as a bonus, it also smells really nice. I just started working with it today so the only thing I can offer as of yet is a smell review...

There is a slight spice to it but not enough to make you turn your nose. Beautiful flowers keep the spice in check. I didn't smell the dragon's blood. To me it's warm and calming and has a zing. Lovely.

In terms of scent, I really like this, but I love the way dragon's blood smells, both on and off my skin. This smells like a more "serious" version of French Love to me.

I used this oil in a candle-burning ritual that I botched a bit. I used a votive candle, and since it was so big I had to do the burn over a period of days. Between the penultimate burn and the final burn I let five days lapse. :P I did feel a sense of shielding even after the first burn; I was dealing with a number of encounters that I was not looking forward to, and I felt "protected" from disaster. Still, I was not free from discomfort as there were some moments of obvious tension. What I noticed--and this may have to do with the way in the wording I used for my petition paper--is that the Wall seemed more secure when I put myself in a more submissive mental state, and did not struggle against things that I had to deal with. For example, I was entertaining guests (one of the reasons there was such a large gap between burns) and I knew that one of them would want to go out and get very crazy. I hate that sort of thing, and I was miserable (and doing a bad job of hiding it) the entire afternoon prior to our soiree. However, once I submitted myself to the fact that it was going to happen, things were not nearly as bad as they could have been, and I did feel shielded from negative attention (I danced and didn't feel like people were directly negative or dismissive--mocking?--energy toward me).

I suppose what this blend asks me to do when I use and employ it is to have enough faith not to avoid what is unpleasant but must be done. Instead, I am to proceed forward with good purpose, and know that I am protected from the negativity I fear.

I used this (thanks to the lovely LupaWulf!) along with White Light a couple of weeks ago. I used a tea light because it was the only white candle I had. :P I did burn it two days in a row, in the morning. And while it burned I thought about my work situation and just how negative my boss is and how I let all that negativity affect me.

That day I had a better day than I had in a long time. I did feel 'shielded' but more than that, it let me get enough of myself back and my own self worth to let my boss know I wasn't taking her crap anymore.

Most importantly, I didn't feel like my life sucked and there was nothing I could do about it, which was the biggest side effect of the constant negativity at work.

I got this on rec. from the lovely folk at the lab back when I was at a good job in a very hostile environment. It was effective. At least in making me feel somewhat safe in a hostile environment. It also scared the heck out of the fundie guy who was harrassing me. I anointed not only myself, but my work cubicle & car frequently. Now that I'm at a new & happy job, I've used it all of once to anoint my cube (though, I think my car is asking for another go with it).

The fragrance has dragon's blood & clove and... some sort of floral that doesn't seem to detract from it at all. After a long while, there's a warm sweet note (honey? warm almond? cream?!?!) that lingers long after everything else. It's a warm calm female strength sorta smell to me.

I sound silly, don't I? :P

In bottle: Bright and sweet. It’s heavy on the dragon’s blood, with a floral and herbal undercoat. There is a pleasant hint of metal that goes well with the dragon’s blood. My sample is very aged, and I think that accounts for it to be mostly dragon’s blood at this point. Wet: still mostly dragon’s blood, but with some other incense and a hint of earthiness in with the metal. Wet: The herbal and earthy qualities come out a little more, but it’s still dragon’s blood dominant.

I have this... neighbor. She lives downstairs from me. I'm utterly confounded by her aggressive, angry, bizarre behavior. She refuses to actually speak to me (I've tried, politely), screams at me through the ceiling, and bangs on the walls. She's the loudest neighbor I've ever lived near (her TV and stereo begin blasting to the point of being unable to hear my own tv at 6:00am and don't stop until 11:00pm), and she literally shrieks physical threats if she hears me walking (in socks, while nearly tiptoeing, at 6:30pm when I get home from work.) I could go into detail about the situation, but suffice it to say it's like she's a parody, no one would believe she acts the way she does. I think she's got some sort of imbalance, and my response at this point is just to ignore her. But it's a hostile environment for sure, and the apartment complex and police won't or can't do anything.

So... Fiery Wall of Protection, a while candle, and some salt. The scent is primarily Dragon's Blood, as others have said. There's something soft and floral, and something else spicy like cloves or cinnamon. It isn't an unpleasant scent, not at all.

As far as using it, I'd thought long and hard about all of this, and I was fully intent on using the blend for protection, and additionally, allows any attacks sent my way to rebound. While I'm not part of an ethical framework that forbids me from doing harm, I do believe you ought to be careful what you send out into the universe... in this case, I've had enough and if someone's willing to actively, aggressively send negativity my way, I'm perfectly fine with them receiving what they sent. I have to say, there has seemed to be some effect. She's not around as much, there is definitely less screaming of curses and threats through the ceiling. It's kind of... amazing. I will definitely be repeating this regularly.

TALs are really amazing. Even if they're doing nothing but allowing me to focus my intentions and changing the way I perceive a situation... I'll take it. Remarkably effective for me. :)