Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An immensely potent purification oil. Anoint your chakra points and palms with this oil, and anoint white figure candle, a personal fetish, or any other object representing you. Purges your soul of dark and morose thoughts, and vigorously cleanses away day-to-day irritation and misery. Helps relieve stress and anxiety, and clears your mind of ugliness and clutter.

I have been thinking of hunting down some White Light for some time. I've been going through a bit of a rolling rough patch and some mild depression and had received a couple of suggestions that it might help me see my way through it.

Through the wonderful kindness of an almost stranger, I was gifted with an imp of this at dinner the other night, while traveling for a job interview. I tucked it away in my film canister cum imp case, thanked my benefactor profusely, and went on.

24 hours later I felt like I had been hit by a truck. I'd been through 10 hours of intereviews, was completely unsure whether I had a chance at or even wanted the job, was feeling rather heartbroken about the whole deal, and facing a redeye back to the east coast.

So, sitting in the airport, I dabbed on some White Light. I rubbed my wrists together and inhaled deeply.

I immediately felt more centered, more open, less tethered by the angst and anxiety over things I could not control. I continued to inhale my wrists, breathing deeply and concentrating on releasing the negative energy until I boarded the plane. At which point, at the moment I was allowed to recline my seat, I dropped off to sleep and slept through until the landing announcement was made, with minimal disturbance.

I do not sleep well on planes.

I generally believe that for most part, oils such as White Light are primarily valuable as tools, for me, to help me focus my mond on what I know I need to do. The scent is very pleasant and relaxing to me, with the herbal base that I find common in almost every TAL I've tried and some floral and sharper herbal top notes that are nice enough. I have no desire to wear this as perfume or to use the oil as anything other than a tool as I've described - whether it has inherent power or not, it has properties which help me release the things I need to release, and that is hugely valuable to me right now.

Now I just need the TAL site to go live so I can get a bottle!

Edited by emzebel

In the vial: warm and spicy. I think it's cinnamon.

Wearing: it doesn't change much on my skin. Whatever the notes are, they meld together until they become a swirl of emotion. The emotions and thoughts I get when I smell this are warm, relaxed, comforted, protected, fearless.

I smell cinnamon and citrus, and perhaps in the background there's something herbal (eucalyptus?) and slightly floral.

I get a very bold, warm golden white light when I picture a color for this.

I gave this a 4 out of 5 stars.

This is a pungent yet clean scent on first application, fresh and herbal and a little sweet. It's very well blended--I can smell floral and herbal notes, but I can't identify any of them for certain. A couple of reviews mentioned gardenia, and I do think that might be one of the floral notes. There's a bit of a soapy note as well, but that's not a bad thing, in this case.

Overall, this is a sweet and refreshing blend that I really like. I'd definitely consider a bottle.

This reminds me of a creamier, more intense version of Dreamland from DiMV. I'm wearing it today for the first time on a day that I got sick (I hardly ever get sick, so it was a strange coincidence). The oil is very strong, yet gentle--somehow it reminds me of the day I went to the spa and had all those yummy scented salves and lotions and balms melting into my skin. I was definitely scented enough for people near me to smell it, but it was a soft, clean, warm scent, not really "perfumey" at all. White Light really is the scent of "calm," although I'm not sure I need it as much as some people.

White Light

In the imp: a gentle, nectar sweetened floral scent-maybe jasmine and/or gardenia, or honeysuckle.

Wet on skin: wow, this scent blossoms into a full floral sweetened by honeydew.

Dry: this is a beautiful scent. Luminous white floral notes with a hint of something like melon. It’s sweet, almost like nectar, and yet there’s a clean, almost soapy-one could even say cleansing-aspect to the scent-and it is a brilliant white scent indeed. It does seem to have an uplifting effect on the mood, I think, I feel good when smelling this, it smells very rich and heady, a full bodied glowing scent.

After a while: if anything, the floral scent gets even more potent and heady, it’s a powerful scent-and I can feel that! But that’s all good to me-the flowery scent this has is so rich, full, and has an almost ‘protective’ feel to it-I don’t know why, but that’s the feel I get from this scent-that of a shield of scent hovering above my wrist, it makes me feel calm and at ease with myself-and all those worries I had before seem to have faded. It makes me feel stable inside.

Verdict (scent): this is a glorious floral scent-light glowing blossoms of jasmine, honeysuckle and maybe a kind of gardenia touched by morning sunlight. It is sweet and nectary, yet also clean and fresh at the same time. A beautiful scent of luminous whiteness.

Magical effects? At first, I did feel uplifted and positive-and even secure and protected-when I smell this powerful scent, that’s for sure. The first time I wore it, I was a bit foolish as I didn’t use it in a proper way, I was just testing out as scent…as a consequence something went a bit awry on that day-don’t know if it was the oil but I think it was a little alert that these TAL oils are not to be used lightly. The second time I tried it, it was New Year’s Eve, and I applied the oil with intent, thinking about clearing away all the negativity from the last year. And it worked an absolute treat. This is wonderful stuff if used in the right way. I may need a bottle, in fact, because the more I wear this, the more it seems to ‘work’…this stuff seems to radiate a positive, powerful energy that I cannot ignore.

In Bottle: Clean and sweet

On Skin: This seems like a floral scent, but very sweet and clean. Not cloying flowers. I also smell a very slight spice. I have been using this scent a lot this week because I’m dealing with some very hard times. It has helped clear my mind and keep me grounded. It has also helped keep me optimistic and hopeful. It is a white floral, and although it is light and does fade fairly quickly, while it does last it has a great throw. It is warm and comfortinf and is blended so well it really is hard to pick out specific notes. This has to be one of Beths best scents ever since it works so well and smells so nice while it’s working. I need bottles of this, I am a true believer.

I can say without hesitation that both the flowery and fruity notes almost everyone comments on in White Light are Spikenard. I have a drop of pure spikenard oil on one finger, White light on the back of my opposite hand, and Tzadikim Nistarim on the back of the other hand. The common scent in both Tzadikim Nistarim and White Light is the heavy, sweet, creamy, floral-fruity, almost smoky note of spikenard. White Light has, I think, a drop of frankincense that lends that lovely spice note, and something that lightens and dries the somewhat heavy spikenard (maybe sandalwood or galbanum?), but the base note is unmistakable.

So much for the scent, which is beautiful and calming and deep and touches me at every level in the most fiercely wonderful way, even when applied for comparative sniffing. Used as directed, White Light is extremely effective. I suspect everyone’s experience will be different, however, so there’s not much point in describing mine. Just get some and try it for yourself. :P

Scent: White Light is really just...beautiful. It smells warm, light and sweet. It's floral, but not punguently so - it's a soft, white sort of floral scent. And the cinnamon (I think it's cinnamon) warms it right up and balances it really well. I love it as a scent, it's unique and beautiful.

As for its effectiveness: I've only tried it once in the specified way (I wore it once just to see what it smelled like), and my focus was more than a little scattered. But it smells nice, and it made me feel a little better. I can't say it moved mountains that time, but it did bring me some happiness and peace. I'd like to try it again when my head isn't quite so jumbled, and maybe do a longer meditation with it.

I am so glad to have a bottle of this, and I think I will get good use out of it.

I've had this bottle of White Light for over a week, and although I'd sniffed it a few times over the last week, I hadn't worn it yet because I felt like I should save it for the right occasion.

*cue lightning flashes*

Yesterday I had a ton of family drama all conducted via nonstop phone calls and emails from 500 & 2000 miles away. By 4pm, I felt like I'd been run over by a bus and then flattened by a steam roller. Although it was only Monday, I felt like it was a Thursday.

This morning I dabbed White Light on my chakra points and annointed my hands while focusing on purging negative thoughts. Did it work? Well, today was the quiet after a storm where everyone picks up the pieces and breathes deeply, so I have only heard from two of my family members in the last few hours. That probably helped keep my stress level low. I think White Light helped keep me from obsessing about the situation. I'm not happy about what's going on, but I am calm, collected, etc.

The scent itself is beautiful - pure, calming, and heavenly. This is the first scent that has absolutely bowled me over. Just perfect - exactly what White Light should smell like!

I ordered this partly because I've heard so much about it, but also because I wanted to have something calming and cleansing and it just seemed like the right choice.

The first time I used it, I just dabbed it on my chakra points and sat quietly for a few minutes before I started work for the day. It seemed to help a bit, but I was underwhelmed, and I actually strongly disliked the scent that day. It did the same thing upon encountering my skin that jasmine usually does, and well... that's not good.

I decided to give it another shot, though. In addition to dabbng it on the chakra points, I also annointed a pendant that a dear friend made for me a few years ago as a calming/protective talisman. The pendant has fluorite, a herkimer diamond, and an incredible quartz point that acts as an amplifier for good energy, and it's one of my favorite pieces ever.

I put the pendant on a long chain and tucked it inside my shirt, and then again sat for a few minutes before starting work. That day went noticibly more smoothly than usual, and I felt very clear-headed and calm the whole time. Every so often when I'd move around the scent would waft up to my nose, and I actually started liking it by the end of the day. (Maybe because it wasn't really on my skin?) I wore the pendant again the next day, without re-annointing it, and it was a similarly good experience.

Verdict so far? Absolutely a keeper, and I'll be buying it again. I'm going to use it in ritual work whenever I need something cleansed, or when I need to bring calm into my space, and I think I'll be annointing all of my "functional" jewelry with it on a regular basis.

This is not so much a review as a Testimonial

I received an imp of White Light thru an AlchemyLab LJ purchase on tuesday

It was the last of all the imps I tried that day.

WOW

A series of things untangled themselves that day.

A long disputed appeal with Unemployment was resolved in my favor and the anxiety of the starting the new job seemed to let go.

It's exacting 3 days later, I'm staring at back payments for the last two months.

I don't really believe in coincedence, just the power of myself and a little help from my friends at Twilght Alchemy Labs

Thank you so much

Wow. I'm not leaving my house without my bottle.

Last night, I happened to have it with me at rehearsal...honestly I really don't remember how it wound up in my purse. I'm sure I put it there, but when and why? No idea.

Anyway, my band and I are a bit stressed right now...we have a big show to prep for, we're headlining, it's only our second show ever, and we didn't have enough songs. We've been writing like mad, and now we have enough material, but now we're having a hard time remembering the 'older' songs that haven't been touched in a few weeks, due to the writing frenzy.

Yeah, we're getting a bit snippy. Not bad, but that energy is there, you know? The dark 'could' of impending frustration.

I always have a bottle of the scent of the day with me. Usually at some point during the evening I reapply. I reach for Budding Moon, and come out with White Light. I can take a hint.

Anointed chakras and palms, rubbed palms together and inhaled. The boys both raise their heads and say "What's that smell????" It filled the room, and I swear I didn't use that much at all. No more than I've used before, and it never blossomed like this.

I told them what it was. One reaches for the bottle while the other says "One of her magical ones? No thanks." Meanwhile the one with the bottle is gleefully applying with a giant grin on his face. "I don't care what it's for, man, but just the smell makes me feel good. More good energy? All good, man." *heh*

We nailed the song next try, made a schedule for working out the rest of them, told stories and smiled and laughed. :P

Nope, never leaving my house without it. Beth, many many thanks.

I am impressed with all the oils I ordered from Twilight Alchemy Lab...the quality is exceptional. White Light is the only blend I ordered to put on your person, however, and it really is amazing. It is spicier than I expected and has a floral component I didn't anticipate upon simply sniffing either. I normally don't gravitate toward florals, but this blend is just phenomenal at not embodying any of its separate notes at all...it's just calm, peaceful, quiet joy. I always think of sitting on a porch after a big rain storm when I put it on, and it more than exceeds my expectations as a magical tool.

Until I use this in ritual form or with any kind of intent I'm going to post what I get from this scentwise.

In the vial, it smelled sweet like a cinnamon roll with icing on top. It seemed like a cozy and inviting sweetness. Then on the skin it burst into this warm and firey cinnamon bark scent with citrus (sweet lemon zest and/or neroli.) I immediately felt a warmth go down my arm and I could picture it in a rotating sunburst shape. It was very nice. I'm not sure of the effects it gave me at work, but I liked the way it made me feel.

ETA: Intent review

I used this blend to help strengthen a bond between myself and my SO, to cut the random bs and protect our relationship from interference from ourselves or others. I annointed a necklace I made with a ring he had bought me (along with Temple of the Horned God for passion) and every time I wear that necklace when we're together, there's not much fighting or negative emotions.

Scent: 3.5/5; nice, warm, cinnamon buns

Usage: 4/5; so far, so good

Imagery: 3.5/5; there wasn't much imagery but I felt warmed up the second I put it on

Edited by PixieSkull

Scent-wise, this is cool and spicy - I get the cinnamon and a violet-white floral but there's something else there that reverberates like the perfume version of Hot Rocks. Anyhow, it's gorgeous. One sniff and I was swooning.

Effect-wise, I have only worn this as a general mood-lifter and not directed its intent. So far I have noticed that my thoughts are more positive and my emotions more centered and tranquil. I also tend to focus more and do what I have to do. In comparison to Anthelion, I'd say Anthelion brightened my feelings more where this brightened my thoughts. In fact, I didn't realize how negative and scattered I've been until I started relying on these. :P But with them I've been undeniably more productive, positive and balanced.

I've tried 6 of the TAL's so far and I would say these two (Anthelion and White Light) are perfect for someone who wants a positive-intention, nice-smelling booster oil to wear but doesn't want to get into ritual work.

This smells pleasantly clean in the way that a river smells, with water running over the rocks. Sort of clean and stony. Maybe a bit of white floral as well. I'm still not getting any sort of spice that others have mentioned. It's pleasantly sweet and herbal after a while on my skin (actually reminded me a bit of Kostnice over time).

Edited by Little Bird

I have a chemistry test tomorrow (calculating pH in acid and base reactions, buffers, etc. -- really *yawn* stuff), and I still have an entire chapter to read. I am having a lot of trouble filtering out stress noise so that I can clear my head to study. So I decided to try White Light.

Sniffed the imp, liked the scent, attempted to put myself in the right frame of mind (no ritual, just intent)... and right as I touched the oil to my skin I developed a pounding headache. The kind of headache where it makes me feel queasy in my stomach. My head still hurts, and that was an hour ago. This all might be entirely coincidental, but now I have such a negative association with this scent (even now when I catch wafts of it I feel very uneasy and queasy) I don't think I will be able to try it again.

I feel very sad about this, especially after hearing how well it has worked for others.

I don't think I can do a better job than previous posters have of reviewing the smell of White Light, and since I don't think it's important to the overall value and quality of the oil, I'll leave that be. I can say wholeheartedly that it's been 100% effective at cleansing, purifying and clearing negativity all three times I've used it.

Yesterday was a great test run for it, because I was having an absolute crapper of a day. Asshole former friends resurfacing and talking sh*t about me, difficulties with my mother, day to day irritations. I annointed my chakra points with the oil, as well as my hands and feet and visualized a yellowy white bubble around myself, pushing all of the stress and negativity away. I'm not kidding, within about 10 minutes, I felt like those things didn't matter as much, couldn't hurt me and set about easily dealing with some of those problems. The rest I just.. well, left alone and didn't really feel the need to think about. I've had similar experiences with it previously, but not as powerful as this.

White Light is definitely a keeper.

White Light is just beautiful. It works wonderfully and smells amazing to boot. I've had a lot of 'dark and morose thoughts' lately because of a lot of life changes, and White Light has become part of a weekly ritual to help me focus on overcoming some of my anxiety over those changes.

I don't have much more to add, other than my gratitude to the Lab for making this amazing oil.

I haven't tried this in any formal ritual sense, so I will update my review in that respect when I do.

Scent-wise, this is one of the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled. Soft and round, is is immediately calming. It's very difficult to pick out notes, but I think I smell a little bit of lilac and jasmine, something sweet and a teeny bit spicy beneath that.

I haven't tried this on my skin (yet), but upon sniffing it just made me think of crisp, bright white...crystals, fresh sparkly snow and very tender light flowers.

I have to admit, that simply a sniff made me feel like my whole being had been purified.

Must get a bottle of this for my own!!

Preliminary testing for scent, since I don't want to use oils that I dislike the scent of in rituals:

In the imp: hmm, creamy and sort of spicy - I think I smell poppy, maybe?

On me, wet: wow, that's smoky and creamy and gentle. Very soft, but with quite a throw to it. Gorgeous.

On me, dry: hmm, this might have frankincense in. The smokiness is combining with that soapiness and it's gone a bit acrid - reminiscent of Djinn, all smoke and spice and bitter herbs.

Verdict: Mrmmm. This is probably wonderful-smelling on people who don't get weird reactions to frankincense. I've been testing Panaceas today, so my mind is pretty unstressed and uncluttered already. If I can keep this smelling like it did when wet, though, I can see it being *very* good at relieving stress and anxiety. Even when dry, it's not unpleasant. It's not reminding of white light, though...

I've been having some struggles this week that left me feeling frustrated, easily agitated and generally difficult to be around. It's been particularly frustrating for me, as I tend to be pretty good at working through that energy, but for whatever reason, I needed some help, so...

Last night, after a nice long shower, I pulled out my newly-received imp of White Light and annointed my chakras, along with my palms and the soles of my feet.

Over the course of the next several hours, I felt myself calm down. My mind stopped racing and the general tenseness that I had been carrying around began to melt away.

I'm feeling so.much.better and I will happily credit White Light with helping me get back into my "regular" state of mind.

I have used white light once so far - i was having a bit of a panic attack, and not doing well. i used it as the description instructed and it helped me to calm down. in my opinion, this is a great oil for "emergency" situations, and the only ritual you need is intent.

White light is, as many others have said, a must-buy. It's unspeakably beautiful, and perfectly evocative of calmness, tranquility, and purity. :P

If you need to imagine the smell, picture a lilac and citrus base, with carbonation.

I'm not kidding. This stuff smells BUBBLY. Maybe it's an offshoot of some sharp white flower, but the effect is unlike anything else I've ever smelled.

Other than that, I'm completely stumped for either specific notes or evocative images. To be honest, the name "white light" really is the most suitable association for this oil, except this smells better than what the imagination can conjure.