Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Shipping Update

From what I understand, CCNow only shows an order as 'shipped' when the lab 'requests' the order, or receives the order, or however it should be said.  That only seems to indicate that the order is then in BPAL's hands, rather than in CCNow's, and is not an indication of the actual shipping date.  It confused me too.

Interestingly, this hasn't been my experience. No wonder people have been so furious. This is what I got off the CCNow site:

• 20 Mar 2004 - Received
  • 01 Apr 2004 - Order Shipped

I assumed this meant that BPAL received my order on 3/20 and listed it as shipped on 4/1. Although I didn't receive a shipping notification, I checked the order confirmation link a couple of times each week and didn't notice that it had changed until the 1st.

Edited by byrdie

ooooh,well i ordered on the 17th March so....fingers crossed (its for the UK though)!!

claire xxx :P

Interestingly, this hasn't been my experience.  No wonder people have been so furious.  This is what I got off the CCNow site:
  • 20 Mar 2004 - Received

• 01 Apr 2004 - Order Shipped

I assumed this meant that BPAL

received my order on 3/20 and listed it as shipped on 4/1.  Although I didn't receive a shipping notification, I checked the order confirmation link a couple of times each week and didn't notice that it had changed until the 1st.

As I understand it, and I'm not an expert, but it appears that the Received date is when CCNow receives the order,a nd the Shipped date is when BPAL receives it from CCNow.

I'm guessing That Beth only accesses the orders in batches?

That would be my thought. The "received" date is the date you place the order, from my experience. That's the date CCNow receives it. The CCNow "ship" date seems to be the date that Beth pulls the order from CCNow and starts to fill it. Depending on how many (!!!) orders she pulls, it may be a while to get all of those out the door.

So far, I have gotten three packages with USPS confirmations and one package without (but that was a reship a couple months back). So everything seems to be working, we just have to remember that we're in a queu...probably a very long one!!

Think of it as standing in line at Disney! :P

Edited by ebonykawai

Gah! I'm worried about my reship (to Canada) ... I have one order left outstanding, and I've been excited to see Kebechet's messages that orders have been cleared .... but IME, once an order has been shipped, it takes a very short time to arrive - my last reship was postmarked March 24th, and arrived on the 29th - and my order has not arrived.

I don't know what to think ... if I haven't heard, is it possible that it's gone missing again?? Has anyone else had this experience? I've never received e-mails that confirm shipping, so I don't have evidence that my order has been shipped, but on the other hand if Kebechet has posted that all orders to X date have been cleared ... shouldn't that mean it's on the way, even if I haven't received a notification?

:P I don't want to worry unnecessarily, but I would like to be able to tell Kebechet if the order has gone AWOL again. Is anyone else in this boat?

i havent rec. my order that was shipped on 04-08 and iam in the states if i dont get it by tom. [tues ] mailman said i should let beth know .i ordered on 03-19-04 and cc/now said it shipped on 04-01 but beth said she shipped it on 04-08 i usualy get order 3-4 days after it shipped but who knows anymore

My bf got pretty upset and has cancelled my order. He got me something else for my birthday instead. :P I'm going to wait until Beth's work load becomes a little lighter before I order. :D

I guess my real issue is that I don't want to bug Beth unnecessarily and add to the stress of things going astray, but I also don't want to make the mistake of not saying anything, because then how will anyone at BPAL know that my package didn't make it? That's what happened with my order that's outstanding now ... I assumed that Beth et al were receiving confirmations of some sort, so I didn't report the package as missing until really late. In retrospect that was dumb of me, but agh.

*sigh*

Just an idea.....

...maybe someone should start two new threads, one for "OMG I think mine has been lost!" and another for "Lots of thanks, I'm in scent heaven".

That way there are no emails building up or going astray and we all know BPAL people frequent the forum every few days...

I guess my real issue is that I don't want to bug Beth unnecessarily and add to the stress of things going astray, but I also don't want to make the mistake of not saying anything, because then how will anyone at BPAL know that my package didn't make it?  That's what happened with my order that's outstanding now ... I assumed that Beth et al were receiving confirmations of some sort, so I didn't report the package as missing until really late.  In retrospect that was dumb of me, but agh. 

*sigh*

i ordered my package february 7 and kept waiting to tell beth that it hadn't arrived. after the two month mark hit i decided an e-mail and a pm was in order and she said she'd try something else b/c all the other canadian orders had made it to their destinations except for mine. :P

That's funny, I'm from Canada and I've been in contact with Beth about my missing order sporadically over time ... the last exchange was on March 31st. I guess this means it's time for another e-mail :P

Gah I just hate to bug Beth :D

Just an idea.....

...maybe someone should start two new threads, one for "OMG I think mine has been lost!" and another for "Lots of thanks, I'm in scent heaven".

That way there are no emails building up or going astray and we all know BPAL people frequent the forum every few days...

I think people are using the "I got my order" thread to tell Beth/others when they've gotten their packages (it's in the randomness area)

Gah!  I'm worried about my reship (to Canada)  ... I have one order left outstanding, and I've been excited to see Kebechet's messages that orders have been cleared .... but IME, once an order has been shipped, it takes a very short time to arrive - my last reship was postmarked March 24th, and arrived on the 29th - and my order has not arrived. 

I don't know what to think ... if I haven't heard, is it possible that it's gone missing again??  Has anyone else had this experience?  I've never received e-mails that confirm shipping, so I don't have evidence that my order has been shipped, but on the other hand if Kebechet has posted that all orders to X date have been cleared ... shouldn't that mean it's on the way, even if I haven't received a notification?

:D  I don't want to worry unnecessarily, but I would like to be able to tell Kebechet if the order has gone AWOL again.  Is anyone else in this boat?

I think Beth just re-sent mine for the 2nd or third time & I've not got anything yet so fingers crossed- you're not alone, the USPS seems to dislike anything outside the states!

I'm hoping like hell it gets here as a) It's stressing Beth out & :D It's got me a bit despondant too as I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever get here (I originally ordered late Jan/early Feb) it's frustrating as once it leaves Beth's hands it's really at the mercy of the USPS & they seem to have a fit about anything marked "perfume" or "oil" on customs forms of late.. like we're really going to make bombs from this stuff?? Stink-bombs maybe (but the good kind you let off after a normal stink bomb to cover the fart smell with pretty flowers :D :P

its arrived!! ordered on 17th march and a bumper parcel arrived this afternoon!! i'm so thrilled i can't stop sniffing my patch tests!!! this is so fab and so worth the wait!!!

claire xxx :P

Edited by cj

it's frustrating as once it leaves Beth's hands it's really at the mercy of the USPS & they seem to have a fit about anything marked "perfume" or "oil" on customs forms of late..

In all my swaps to Canada, I've put "collectable bottle" on the customs forms and they seem to get there relatively quick.

LOL, collectable bottle. :P Well, they ARE...

i'm in the UK and i ordered on the 17th March and did not receive any sort of confirmation my payment had been received and i have not received any shipping notification either.  i emailed beth on the 31st march and the 8th april and have had no replies...i'm going to try again tomorrow as it will be 4 weeks to the day i ordered.  i know the lab is really backed up but its quite frustrating when you don't get any response at all to your emails.  i understand the stresses beth et al are under etc and i feel rotten repeatedly contacting them all the time.  i don't know what to do now...just keep waiting i suppose!!

claire xxx :D  :P

I ordered March 13th, and my order was shipped April 3. My order hasn't arrived yet, but I expect it within a few days. (I'm in Canada) Since you ordered a few days later, yours quite likely went out within a few days of mine, and considering that allorders from 3/20 and prior are en route now, I would wait a bit, as it's probably winging it's way across the globe to you as we speak! :D

i'm in the UK and i ordered on the 17th March and did not receive any sort of confirmation my payment had been received and i have not received any shipping notification either.  i emailed beth on the 31st march and the 8th april and have had no replies...i'm going to try again tomorrow as it will be 4 weeks to the day i ordered.  i know the lab is really backed up but its quite frustrating when you don't get any response at all to your emails.  i understand the stresses beth et al are under etc and i feel rotten repeatedly contacting them all the time.  i don't know what to do now...just keep waiting i suppose!!

claire xxx :D  :P

I ordered March 13th, and my order was shipped April 3. My order hasn't arrived yet, but I expect it within a few days. (I'm in Canada) Since you ordered a few days later, yours quite likely went out within a few days of mine, and considering that allorders from 3/20 and prior are en route now, I would wait a bit, as it's probably winging it's way across the globe to you as we speak! :D

LOL!!! thanks i think i just need to learn patience :D !! It wsa on its way, mr postie was driving up from the sorting office as i typed!!! LOL!! i have just edited my above post because my order was waiting for me when i got home!!! and it was worth the wait -despite me moaning about it above!!! :D

claire xxx

i placed my order march 16. i go out to my postbox every day hoping to see some bpal goodness in there. no luck yet.

*sigh* it's horrible that i have gotten so addicted that i feel like a whiny little child begging to get a new toy.. i am all pouty and having major cravings now that my bpal imp's ears are all gone too!!

ahhhhh..perfume get here soon please! :P

i ordered mine on 03-19 and beth e-mailed me that it went out 04-08 and i still havent gotten my order. i just dont know what to say or do anymore and my postal carrier made it worse by saying i should have rec. it yesterday[.

Edited by carolsag

i ordered mine on 03-19 and beth e-mailed me that it went out 04-08 and i still havent gotten my order. i  just dont know what to say or do anymore and my postal carrier made it worse by saying i should have rec. it yesterday[.

Don't worry about it yet. It's only been in transit for two business days tops, including today. If it went out on the 8th, then it likely didn't move all weekend (good friday, easter weekend), and it may or may not have moved much yesterday either, depending on if the postal office(s) it went through gave a lot of it's people easter monday off...you know what I mean?

If it's not there in a few more days, THEN start to worry.

Edited by Morrighana

I don't want to hassle Beth, but my 3/13 order that she said would ship April 3 (CCNow marked it sent on the first) still isn't here. I did not receive a tracking email, or else it was filtered out as junk mail, so I have no way on checking on its status. I live in Boston, so there's only the distance to worry about, not any customs problems... Should I be worried enough to contact Beth? If it's lost, or there's a mixup, I'd like to set things to right as soon as possible, given that I won't be at this address forever. Whad'ya think?

My order was in the same batch, but since Beth posted that she was caught up through 3/20 on the 8th of April, I figure that's three business days at the most, and the USPS always takes at least six business days to get priority mail to me from anywhere other than in-state. Even Dallas.

I have the special privilege of living in a town where all mail goes to Tulsa to be processed - even in-town mail. What I really love is mail to my parents. When I lived in Oklahoma City, I mailed a letter to my mother, it would get postmarked in Tulsa, and she'd get it in Stillwater (literally EXACTLY between the two towns) about 5 days after I mailed it. Never ceased to amaze me.

Now a card only takes three days - one out, one to Tulsa, one back to her house, 12 miles away from me! :P

i will take Morrighanas advice and wait a few more days, but if yours was shipped on 04-03 i would e-mail beth just in case. she might not get to reply right away though p.s. i sometimes dont get e-mail notices from usps but i usually get my order 4-5 days after shipping.

Carolsag,

I would wait a few days before assuming it's lost or stolen. I placed my order on 3/15, a few days before you, and just got my order on Friday. I was a sad case, running to the post office every day, checking my poor, empty P.O. Box to no avail!

I'll bet your order will arrive today or tomorrow.

i didnt get it today the mailman just left ,maybe tomorrow ,i dont think it was lost or stolen but the postal carrier keeps telling me it shoudnt take more than 3-4 days at the most and he told me just to be on safe side i should check it out