Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Shipping Update

This is what I got off the CCNow site:
  • 20 Mar 2004 - Received

• 01 Apr 2004 - Order Shipped

I assumed this meant that BPAL received my order on 3/20 and listed it as shipped on 4/1.  Although I didn't receive a shipping notification, I checked the order confirmation link a couple of times each week and didn't notice that it had changed until the 1st.

Okay, weird. Today, long past the date when I should have received a piece of priority mail coming from two states away, I get this notice in email:

• This notification is being sent to you at the request of the shipper.

A package with the following Priority Mail label number #### #### #### #### #### is scheduled to be shipped to you on 04/14/2004.

Um, what? According to CCNow, it was scheduled to be shipped on 04/01/2004. I checked the USPS tracking site and, sure enough, they don't have any other information. Why was a CCNow charge posted to my credit card on April 2nd if the package wasn't even sent out until 12 days later? :P

Okay, weird.  Today, long past the date when I should have received a piece of priority mail coming from two states away, I get this notice in email:
  • This notification is being sent to you at the request of the shipper.

A package with the following Priority Mail label number #### #### #### #### #### is scheduled to be shipped to you on 04/14/2004.

Um, what?  According to CCNow, it was scheduled to be shipped on 04/01/2004.  I checked the USPS tracking site and, sure enough, they don't have any other information.  Why was a CCNow charge posted to my credit card on April 2nd if the package wasn't even sent out until 12 days later? :P

This sounds like the usual sequence of events, byrdie. Generally what happens with my orders is:

the CC Now website says my order is "shipped"...

my credit card is charged at this time...

at some point later on (usually about 1-2 weeks later) I get a shipping confirmation email from USPS with the actual shipping date listed...

my order arrives 2-4 days later (I'm in NoCal).

Do Canadians get a shipping confirmation email? Mine was supposed to be shipped on the 13th of March and I still haven't received any kind of confirmation email. I want my imps sooo bad!!! :P

. the exact same thing happened to me i ordered 0n 03-19 beth said it shipped on 04-08 now i get the same usps notice you did i am totally confused too as my post office said that anything shipped usps priority in the us should not take more than 3-4 days at the longest. i totally give up and surrender

Edited by carolsag

i am totally confused too as my post office said that anything shipped usps priority in the us should not take more than 3-4 days at the longest.

That's what my post office tells me when I send anything out via Priority Mail, but they always take at least a week to arrive anywhere-even if it's next f'g door. A complaint to the post office resulted in me not getting any mail at my house for over 2 weeks. :P

i am totally confused too as my post office said that anything shipped usps priority in the us should not take more than 3-4 days at the longest.

That's what my post office tells me when I send anything out via Priority Mail, but they always take at least a week to arrive anywhere-even if it's next f'g door. A complaint to the post office resulted in me not getting any mail at my house for over 2 weeks. :P

that's how my post office is. someone has probably mentioned this, but there is a reason for the term "going postal"

. the exact same thing happened to me i ordered 0n 03-19 beth said it shipped on 04-08 now i get the same usps notice you did i am totally confused too as my post office said that anything shipped usps priority in the us should not take more than 3-4 days at the longest. i totally give up and surrender

Good news, carolsag: If you received the USPS email, you'll almost surely be getting your package within 2-4 days!! As I said in my reply to byrdie, above, in my experience the CC Now "ship dates," mean virtually nothing. HOWEVER, so far the USPS email notifications have been correct and accurate. I've ALWAYS (so far :P ) gotten my packages within 2-4 days of receiving the USPS email notifications. Good luck! Let us know when you get your package.

my problem is i dont understand why beth said she mailed it to me on 04-08 if that is so why is it going out on 04-14 if the p.o. held onto that long i was told that she could take legal action against them

my problem is i dont understand why beth said she mailed it to me on 04-08 if that is so why is it going out on 04-14 if the p.o. held onto that long i was told that she could take legal action against them

My $.02: here's what I'd do if I were you...

Wait for 3 more business days after today to see if your package shows up (which I'm pretty sure it will). If it doesn't show up, let Beth know (I'd pm her if I were you, in addition to, or instead of, emailing). If the package DOES show up between now and then and you decide you still want to know what the hold up was all about, ask Beth. Perhaps she just wasn't able to get it out right away on the 8th and had to wait a few more days. If she replies and said that, indeed, she DID ship it on the 8th, you might mention to her the information about being able to take legal action against the USPS for undue delays. Good luck.

I've ordered on March 22nd and CCNow has the item as shipped on April 1st. I have gotten no shipping confirmation nor have I received my parcel. I have sent a couple of e-mails to the lab inquiring. I know it's hard work for Beth and Co, but it's also hard not knowing, especially since the money has long gone out. I would love to place a second order but I dare don't until I at least get some sort of confirmation of what's going on. Am I being difficult or are there others of you out there who have the same issues?

i dont think you are being difficult and i have been having the same issues though i have rec. my past orders that were ordered over the last few months [2 or 3] but i am still waiting for the order i placed on 03-19 and was told by bpal that they shipped it to me on 04-08 but today i get an e-mail saying it was shipped 04-14 i know i will get my order in the next few days, its just frustrating, i personaly woundnt care if i had to wait 2 months for my order i just wish someone could tell me the real shipping date so i have an idea when to expect it, i might have to go out of town, or it might, be a gift for someone, etc. just my 2 cents.

Edited by carolsag

I know it's hard work for Beth and Co, but it's also hard not knowing, especially since the money has long gone out.  I would love to place a second order but I dare don't until I at least get some sort of confirmation of what's going on.

i feel like i keep complaining about this, but i'm still waiting on my order from feb 7th. i've e-mailed beth a couple times and she's been so great at getting back to me in a timely fashion (bless her!) but i still don't know if it's been reshipped or what have you. it was only a small order but that's $50.00 i could have put towards groceries or something in the meantime. beth will sort it out, just let me in on the status girl! :P

Do Canadians get a shipping confirmation email?

I don't think we do. I didn't, anyway.

I know it's hard work for Beth and Co, but it's also hard not knowing, especially since the money has long gone out.  I would love to place a second order but I dare don't until I at least get some sort of confirmation of what's going on.

i feel like i keep complaining about this, but i'm still waiting on my order from feb 7th. i've e-mailed beth a couple times and she's been so great at getting back to me in a timely fashion (bless her!) but i still don't know if it's been reshipped or what have you. it was only a small order but that's $50.00 i could have put towards groceries or something in the meantime. beth will sort it out, just let me in on the status girl! :P

Yeah, I would just like to know the scoop ... whether my e-mails are being read, all that stuff. I don't mind waiting as long as I know what's happening :D

This may be a dumb question, but should I be e-mailing the general address (customer service) vs. Beth directly? Are Brian and Ted also able to respond to questions about shipping? I've been e-mailing Beth at "cupcake@blackphoenixalchemylab.com" with my info.

thanks for any info!

Ok, as a newbie, please pardon my ignorance but i have a few questions.

1. what is the overall time frame for a typical order? i have heard things ranging from 5 days to 3 weeks, and as i am moving in a few weeks, i sort of need to know when my product is on the way.

2. if i do need to change the shipping address on my package, to whom would i direct that email? elizabeth or someone else?

i always email beth personally, then i usually send her a pm too - just incase (yes, i'm just THAT annoying! :P)

eadavenp: there really isn't a typical time frame for orders coming in. i think there is a 10-12 day delay currently due to the lab being super busy, plus add on the post office travel time. like i said in my above post, i've been waiting over two months for my last order - canada customs must be taking their time.

Edited by any_old_actress

eadavenp: there really isn't a typical time frame for orders coming in. i think there is a 10-12 day delay currently due to the lab being super busy, plus add on the post office travel time.

It seems to be a bit longer than that. I would say it's more like about 14-21 days lately.

Thanks for the quick response. I guess i will have to get in touch with someone to change my ship to address. Should i contact Elizabeth at the cupcake email adress? I will be leaving where i am now on may 1, so projecting ahead 14 days plus mailing time, i think i might need to change my address. right?

Again, as I know I've posted this before, but it seems like people have missed it.

The date CCNow says an item Shipped is not the day it is shipped, but the date that Beth & Co. 'download' (for lack of a better word) the orders from them. Beth then has to prepare the orders, and get them ready to be shipped .. in addition to everything else she does. When she -actually- ships them, she sets it up so that the USPS sends an email to the recipient to let them know the package has been sent.

As a side note, you won't see any information the first 24 after you get that email. It's the way the system works, and there's not a thing Beth can do about it. Hopefully in the future Beth can do something different, but as I understand it, it wouldn't be feasible for her to run her own shipping right now. Hopefully someday she can, but it is expensive. Same reason she can't take credit-cards herself.

I ordered March 24 and I dont have my order yet so next week will be 30 days for my order. I have not gotten an email confirmation that the order was sent though CCNow says it was shipped on April 1 (must be April Fools, hahaha!). My credit card was charged on April 1 too. I had emailed directly on March 31 and was told there was a delay due to staff turn over.

i feel like i keep complaining about this, but i'm still waiting on my order from feb 7th. i've e-mailed beth a couple times and she's been so great at getting back to me in a timely fashion (bless her!) but i still don't know if it's been reshipped or what have you. it was only a small order but that's $50.00 i could have put towards groceries or something in the meantime. beth will sort it out, just let me in on the status girl!  :P

I feel your pain! I'm also waiting for info on a missing Feb 7 order. I even emailed Beth saying that I didn't care if she just canceled it becuase the I think freebies I received in two other recent orders made up for the imps in that order, but I did ask her to let me know whether she planned to reship or not.

No word yet...

It is very frustrating to me, but I'm completely hooked on the oils, so i just keep my mouth shut and wait...

I ordered March 24 and I dont have my order yet so next week will be 30 days for my order. I have not gotten an email confirmation that the order was sent though CCNow says it was shipped on April 1 (must be April Fools, hahaha!). My credit card was charged on April 1 too. I had emailed directly on March 31 and was told there was a delay due to staff turn over.

Things are proceeding very slowly, as it seems. My March 13 order too was marked shipped on April 1 by CCNow, and Beth told me it would ship April 3. I finally got a USPS email on April 15 saying that it had been scheduled for shipment on April 14, meaning that I'll get it within the next week. So. Certainly, I can survive a month+ wait, but I really wish that I had known it would take so long, because I would have placed a larger order! :P