Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

Namaste

Got an imp as part of an order.

In bottle: woody lemongrass

On skin: the lemongrass is really strong; I'm a big fan of lemongrass but unfortunately it's turned a bit "cleaner"-y to me? 

After a few hours: floral.

This ended up not being a scent for me, unfortunately. Might swap this imp away.

Starts off as a soothing woody lemongrass -  not my normal scent but pleasant and relaxing. Unfortunately, the florals take over and go soapy. It dries down to a soapy sandalwood.  This would make a great atmos. 

This one also turned very soapy on my skin. Not an unpleasant scent at all--fresh and clean. But not what I'm looking for in a perfume. Love it in the vial, though! I'll probably use it for scenting a room.

In the imp: crisp lemon and sandalwood. Very light and airy. 

Wet: okay that is lemongrass. Much greener but still lemony. I'm getting sandalwood and some heavier notes, it's getting woodier and earthier. 

Dry: okay I definitely get the cedar and patchouli in the base, it's earthy but it stays overall very light. The lemongrass really lifts the whole scent. I think I get some of the indolic headiness from the jasmine but can't pick out the rose. A very bright incense, with a very raw/natural quality to it. 

Wet, I get a dark undercurrent of incense and a lot of bright citrusy lemongrass. Dry, the incense fades more and I still get tons of lemongrass. I also occasionally get whiffs of indolic jasmine. I think this is another perfume I'd like to scent soap or something with instead of wearing myself.

When I first put this on, it was mostly sandalwood with some lemongrass. After about 15 minutes or so, the rose has started to come out, making the whole thing a little more rounded. All I can think of is, "I smell like a hippie." Not a head shop hippie, but a Whole Foods hippie. A yoga class hippie. I have in my mind this little spa with hot tubs and massage therapy in Northampton, MA where my husband and I have gone on dates. I smell like I belong there. This is very much NOT a scent for me to wear in general, but I think it would make a marvelous scent to add to a massage oil or a bath when I just want to relax and pretend that I AM, in fact, at that little spa and that I have time for things like going on dates on the other side of the state.

Mostly sandalwood, reminds me of a scent memory I have involving sandalwood incense. I tested before seeing the notes and didn't realize it had florals. The lemongrass is a bit sharp, but it'll help keep you awake while you're meditating.

The notes look promising, but the lemongrass is too powerful and takes over the scent on my skin. In late drydown, the rose makes an appearance.  Nothing objectionable, just more of an oil burner fragrance.  Agree with comments that it smells like a spa.